The Sports Bar

They did let go Chris Ivory to grab Mat Forte... Forte is a slightly above average runner and a slightly better blocker than Ivory was.
Above average? He has 5 1000 yard seasons (and one 997 yard season) in his 8 years in the league. He is among the most consistent runners in the NFL who is an excellent receiver of the ball as well (averaging 60 receptions and 514 yards).

Chris Ivory is slightly above average. Forte is an excellent all purpose, every down back, of which there are very few.

The Broncos just traded for a quarterback.

The new #1 quarterback for the Denver Broncos is.....
MARK SANCHEZ!

at least until they acquire another QB then he'll be backup.

The Broncos just traded for a quarterback.

The new #1 quarterback for the Denver Broncos is.....
MARK SANCHEZ!

at least until they acquire another QB then he'll be backup.

You know, Mark Sanchez can be an effective NFL quarterback. I mean, he did take the Jets to the AFC championship game his first two years in the league. It's not that he was excellent or anything, it's that he didn't fuck up that much. If he can somehow get back to being that effective game manager, he could be a serviceable starter.

To be fair, its almost physically impossible for anyone they sign to be WORSE than Peyton Manning was last year. Im fully convinced the Broncos could have rode Josh Mccown or Brian Hoyer to a super bowl last year, all things considered.

It also wouldn't be the first time Mark Sanchez took a team with a great defense to the AFC title game

Any White Sox fans here? Chris Sale got scratched last night because he didn't want to wear the Throwback Uniforms the White Sox planned to wear...so he cut all of them up so nobody could wear them.

I've been dying of laughter since reading that ten minutes ago.

This year the sports world said goodbye to Peyton Manning, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, and David Ortiz. The one I'm going to miss most though is Vin Scully. Nobody could call a game like him and baseball just won't be the same without him.

Crazy finish in St. Louis. Umpires left that field like they had a getaway car waiting for them. We may have a protest which could make for an interesting wild card scenario.

Ben Simmons will now have surgery on his fractured right foot and could potentially miss up to three months. The Sixers just can't catch a break. #trusttheprocess?

My most loved sports team had the lead in the grand final. We have been out of it all game. Other team has had all the ball. We're the best defensive team in the competition and possibly of all time. We were all but dead during the first half but only let in 8 points. By some miracle we fought back and took the lead 12-8. It was amazing. I was shaking, freaking out and begging for the clock to tick faster. Then it happened. Some bench player gives a penalty on fifth tackle right on our goal line (the American equivalent would be penalty on 4th down) and guess what happens next? The other team scores with like 10 minutes left and goes up by 2.

Oh, it gets even better.

Best big man in the game is on our team. He drops it cold in attacking position. We get another chance, miracle kick and the winger regathers the ball AND DOESN'T PASS TO THE OPEN MAN WHO WOULD SCORE!

Then in the final 50 seconds we have the ball. We go from one end all the way to the other. The siren goes, we pass it all over and we get to the 20, to the 10 inside FIVE GOD DAMN METERS! AND THIS GUY, WHO IS LEAVING FOR ANOTHER SPORT DECIDES TO PLAY HERO BALL AND GETS TACKLED TO END THE GAME!

We were three/five metres away from the championship.

I will never forget this game. We had it won. Sport is shit. I hate it.

Oh, also happens to be the year where if your team hasn't won in decades you get a championship. Seen it happen 3 times this year with the Cavs, Bulldogs in the AFL and Sharks in the NRL tonight. Yeah, my team is a dynasty and has been for the past decade. Sure I've seen them in 6 championship games since 2006 but I really wanted this one.

I'm going to struggle to sleep tonight.

:(

My most loved sports team had the lead in the grand final. We have been out of it all game. Other team has had all the ball. We're the best defensive team in the competition and possibly of all time. We were all but dead during the first half but only let in 8 points. By some miracle we fought back and took the lead 12-8. It was amazing. I was shaking, freaking out and begging for the clock to tick faster. Then it happened. Some bench player gives a penalty on fifth tackle right on our goal line (the American equivalent would be penalty on 4th down) and guess what happens next? The other team scores with like 10 minutes left and goes up by 2.

Oh, it gets even better.

Best big man in the game is on our team. He drops it cold in attacking position. We get another chance, miracle kick and the winger regathers the ball AND DOESN'T PASS TO THE OPEN MAN WHO WOULD SCORE!

Then in the final 50 seconds we have the ball. We go from one end all the way to the other. The siren goes, we pass it all over and we get to the 20, to the 10 inside FIVE GOD DAMN METERS! AND THIS GUY, WHO IS LEAVING FOR ANOTHER SPORT DECIDES TO PLAY HERO BALL AND GETS TACKLED TO END THE GAME!

We were three/five metres away from the championship.

I will never forget this game. We had it won. Sport is shit. I hate it.

Oh, also happens to be the year where if your team hasn't won in decades you get a championship. Seen it happen 3 times this year with the Cavs, Bulldogs in the AFL and Sharks in the NRL tonight. Yeah, my team is a dynasty and has been for the past decade. Sure I've seen them in 6 championship games since 2006 but I really wanted this one.

I'm going to struggle to sleep tonight.

:(

What a game it was! I was going for the Storm as well. Thought they were going to get that on the last play. Forgot that idiots last name that gave the penalty but surely you don't keep him next year based on that. Wtf was he thinking.

And now he's out of his start because it's bleeding. If the Indians lose tonight, he's deserving a big chunk of the blame.

If the Indians hold on this is a crusher for Toronto, I've been trying to smarten folks up to Lindor and Ramirez.

What a game it was! I was going for the Storm as well. Thought they were going to get that on the last play. Forgot that idiots last name that gave the penalty but surely you don't keep him next year based on that. Wtf was he thinking.

I'm convinced I have discovered a curse which involves the Melbourne Storm and the Sydney Swans. 2006 both were in grand finals for their sports and both lost. 2012 they were again in the grand finals and both won this time. Fast forward to 2016, once again they both return to the grand finals and as the curse demands they both must have the same result so they both lost.

Oh and HAHAHAHA SCREW YOU JONATHAN LUCROY! You remember Lucroy. He's the guy who vetoed a trade to Cleveland because he wanted to play for a contender. Now he's with the Rangers, who couldn't even make it out of the first round. Screw off Lucroy. Enjoy an early offseason.

Oh and HAHAHAHA SCREW YOU JONATHAN LUCROY! You remember Lucroy. He's the guy who vetoed a trade to Cleveland because he wanted to play for a contender. Now he's with the Rangers, who couldn't even make it out of the first round. Screw off Lucroy. Enjoy an early offseason.

That's gotta sting, he said his main thing was catching next year everyday and Indians couldn't guarantee that. I wanted to see him go to Cleveland, and I thought they would have steamrolled over everyone to 100 wins with him in the lineup. From what he says he wanted to be close to home, he and his wife are from Texas and Louisiana I believe, so in the long run I guess he wants to play in Texas. Only way it could have been funnier is if Cleveand had met up with the Rangers and knocked sent him home personally.

Good for the fans for not stuffing the All Star ballot box with a bunch of Cubs players. Honestly, none of them deserve to go. I'm stunned that Justin Smoak and Corey Dickerson got voted in. What a turn around in the way the voting is done compared to the last two years when I blasted voters for their bias.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back