• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Song that got you into...Blink 182

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
[youtube]ui577_AuRfI[/youtube]​

This week is one of my favorite bands when I was in Middle/High School.​

I first heard this song in the school fitness room. Me and my friends where in 8th grade and decided to work out after hours (you know when we weren't supposed to be). There was a CD player and a bunch of CDs sitting next to it and my friend decided to put in Enema of the State and this song is the one he skipped to. This song didn't get me into the whole genre like the previous 2 I posted but I did and still do like it. That weekend i went out with those same friends and bought the CD and to this day every once in a while I'll put it in and listen to the whole thing but i always start with What's my Age Again?

For me it would be "All The Right Things" because it was the first song of theirs I heard and it got me to try listening to more of their material. I ended up finding a few more songs here and there that I liked. I would have never given them a chance had it not been for that song.

I was never a big Blink 182 fan, and often found them to be radio changing material honestly.

That was until I saw the video for(and heard for the first time) "Stay Together for the kids". I loved the social awareness at the beginning of the video, which said "fifty percent of households are destroyed by divorce." Not changed, not re-arranged, destroyed. So fitting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1BFHYtZlAU

I love the second verse especially.

"Their anger hurts my ears, been going strong for seven years.
Rather then fix the problems, they never solve them, it makes no sense at all.I see them every day, we get along so why cant they?
If this is what he wants, and what she wants, then why is there so much pain?"

i don't come from a family of divorce, thankfully, but most of my close friends do. I remember vividly having a conversation with a friend of mine who told me his parents were divorcing, and asking me to help him understand it.(i majored in psychology and was in school at the time) I couldn't, try as I may. On my way home, this song came on. And it put into perspective what my friend was dealing with. There's really no way to look at divorce from a teenagers perspective, and see it as a good thing when you love both your parents. This song really struck me, and definitely gave me a new perspective on them. I have another friend whose parents did exactly that. They stayed together for the sake of the kids. They divorced, but lived in the same house until the kids were grown to provide them a stable environment. Whether it was the right or wrong choice isnt for me to say.

This song just reminds me of both friends in particular, and it really is a darker, more meaningful song from a band Ive grown to actually like and appreciate.

My brother would play Enema of the State all the time, and I never really paid attention to the band. One day we where driving over to my sisters house and he put a CD in, it was Dude Ranch. He put on the song Dammit, and I loved it right away. I did not know it was Blink 182 until he told me, I told him they sounded better on this CD than the one he played all the time. Then he had me listen to Cheshire Cat, I liked the song Carouselit jumped out and stuck in my head. It was both of these songs that got me into the band. I actually still enjoy giving Blink 182 a listen now and again.
Here are the two songs mentioned above. Enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]jEqura5HgVc[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Xkb7L20kCeY[/YOUTUBE]

[youtube]ui577_AuRfI[/youtube]​

"What's My Age Again" for me too. I had heard "All The Small Things" on a compilation CD and while I liked it, it didn't make me want to listen to more stuff from Blink. Then when I saw the video for "What's My Age Again?" it cracked me up and I really enjoyed it. The song is so catchy and represents everything that Blink is about, sophmore teenage humour. They talk about making prank phone calls and never wanting to act their age, which fit in with the themes of most of their other songs.

Blink 182 were never one of my favoruite bands. I own 2 of their albums and like them, but Tom's voice always grates on me after a while. I much prefer Marks vocals, which is another reason why I really enjoy "What's My Age Again?". Just a really fun, enjoyable song which I still play quite regularly. It just puts me in a good mood and makes me smile

Well I'm not quiet sure, it could be "all the small things", "what's my age again", "carousel". I wasn't impressed by neither of these songs, however sometimes I felt identified with some lyrics. I was a big fan of Blink but I started to listen to more things and I realize that this teenage thing was over for me I needed music that actually made me think. I think that also Tom realize that one too ;)

For me it was "Dammit."

To this day, this song puts me in a great mood and hypes me up. I always make sure to add this song to playlists when I am working out or on a run.

This song helps me to remember that I am much better off where I am today without the stupid and worthless bitches of my past. (LOL...kidding, but not really)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back