The silliest and plain stupid characters in WWF/WWE ever?

The Pizzaman

I tell it how I see it and thats it
I have been wondering for a while while who was the silliest gimmick/ character ever to be in a wrestling ring.
Here are a few.
Bastion booger
Mantaur
The Gobbledy Gooker,
George the Animal Steele,
Repo man,
gangrel
The Berzerker
The Mountie,
Big boss man
Doink the clown
Giant Gonzales
There have been others and i have been racking my brains as to whom they are. If any body can remember any more i would be interested. Also i would love to find out if anyone else agrees with me. :lol::lol:

Well, you pointed out the most obvious ones, though I disagree about the Bossman, I always liked his character during the Attitude era, when he wore the SWAT uniform. Hmmm, let me think...

Well, there was Max Moon, which I still they dont get how they managed to talk KONNAN of all people into portraying. And Farooqs original character, Farooq Asaad. Duke The Dumpster, The Goon, Tugboat (Typhoon was way better), Akeem the African Dream... Gilberg wasnt SUPPOSED to be taken seriously, but still XD

Barry Horowitz was pretty bad, and The Goon was stupid.

I mean what was Barry's story? A jew that can wrestle?

To be fair, not everyone can be a star right?

I think Festus was pretty stupid to be fair, and in all honesty, 'the hurricane' is stupid, it's not like you can take him seriously, they'd have to address his mental state for that i think. What about Eugene? the guy was fantastic as a wrestler and a nice nostalgic feel to his character, but the idea was, on the whole, pretty stupid.

I have been wondering for a while while who was the silliest gimmick/ character ever to be in a wrestling ring.
Here are a few.
Bastion booger
Mantaur
The Gobbledy Gooker,
George the Animal Steele,
Repo man,
gangrel
The Berzerker
The Mountie,
Big boss man
Doink the clown
Giant Gonzales
There have been others and i have been racking my brains as to whom they are. If any body can remember any more i would be interested. Also i would love to find out if anyone else agrees with me. :lol::lol:

the bossman wasnt a silly gimmick it was something he did in real life prior to wrestling.....

lol and how could any forget S.H.I.T. rosey hahah

The worst of all time, in my opinion, had to be The Goon, the hockey playing wrestler. He used to come to the ring and actually wrestle in complete hockey gear, complete with hockey skate wrestling boots that made it seem hard for him to even manuever around the ring. The man who played him I believe was "Cowboy" Bill Irwin. He was well known in late 80's early 90's in WCW. But then made the move to WWE where Vince had a field day with him, the poor guy. The last I saw of The Goon was at Wrestlemania X-7 during the infamous "Gimmick Battle Royal." By far the worst gimmick in the WWE. Or, at least, in the top 5.

the bossman wasnt a silly gimmick it was something he did in real life prior to wrestling.....

lol and how could any forget S.H.I.T. rosey hahah

Ok , I take back big boss man. Have remembered one more. This one how ever was in WCW.
Anyone remember the Yeti? :confused::wtf:

Duke The Dumpster was silly, was Fantasio in WWF? The Boogeyman was bad.
The Red Rooster. Saturn in love with a mop. As for WCW, The Demon wasn't good and i remember Robocop coming to rescue Sting at some point...that was plain weird.

How has no one mentioned The Undertaker yet? He is the goofiest and most unrealistic character ever. A demon with super powers, can shoot lightening bolts and can also use fire to stop people from exiting the ring..No one comes close. " sometimes it's heaven trying to get to hell" or something like that... Please.

The following wrestler's gimmicks are straight crap...
Mankind
The Hurricane
Doink the Clown
Duke "The Dumpster"
Faarooq Asad
Waylon Mercy
Issac Yankem DDS
The Headbangers
Kama Mustafa
Qwang
The original Goldust
Boogeyman
Papa Shango

I would have to say Gillberg, even though he provided good comic relief, and Dr. Isaac Yankem.

heres a few lame ones from WWE

sparky plugg
Repo man
outback jack
kazarni
Dr I yankem

now, on to WCW

Shockmaster
the demon dale torborg
Glacier
Van Hammer
3 count

this is a very short list, and I'm sure if i really thought about it, I could come up with a few dozen more for both companies. ill probably add them later!

Abe Knuckleball Schwartz
The Goon
The Viking
Duke The Dumpster Drosie
The Red Rooster
Aldo Montoya
Cyban Felzer
Glacier
The Jumping Bomb Angels
Golga
GI-Bro
And the list goes on........................

I'd say any character played by Dustin Rhodes (Goldust), I feel bad for the guy. He has some of the worst gimmicks ever.

Two other bad ones were Curry Man and Shark Boy, who is still somehow employed by TNA.

Also, the Gobbledy Gooker is probably the worst. The Gobbledy Gooker has an award for stupid gimmicks named after him, so he was obviously pretty bad.

arachnaman( lol i think it was brad armstrongunder a mask that looked like spiderman, was just yellow and gold lol)

nightwatcher

blackblood

oz- i mean cmonnnnnnnnnnnnn

the dingdongs

the handsome stranger(marcus bagwell, under a zorro mask)

one of the problems with the original list, and the topic in general, is that sometimes a guy will take a stupid gimmick and do wonders with it. Case in point the Undertaker. The guy is a mortician from "death valley?" give me a break. Then you have a bunch of ridiculous gimmicks, such as The Goon, Waylon Mercy, and the worst of all the Yeti, but as dumb as they were they barely wrestled enough to be considered in this list.

ive spent the last few weeks watching old RR's on youtube, and there you see a lot of bad gimmicks. And that doesnt even count the garbage from wcw. but i'll nominate a top mid carder from the mid 90s, a guy whose gimmick was that he had a bad haircut and loved disco music, the disco inferno

I'd say any character played by Dustin Rhodes (Goldust), I feel bad for the guy. He has some of the worst gimmicks ever.

Two other bad ones were Curry Man and Shark Boy, who is still somehow employed by TNA.

Also, the Gobbledy Gooker is probably the worst. The Gobbledy Gooker has an award for stupid gimmicks named after him, so he was obviously pretty bad.

yea dustin got a bad break....if he stuck to the natural gimmick he would of been ALOT better, but vince being vince if hes from another company lets embarress him...... goldust ruined anychance of him going back to his normal self.......they tried in both wcw and tna and it didnt work.,,,

also tna should of never used curry man.......the japanese audience is different, to us it was just goofy

lets not forget virgil and the oddities

virgil wasnt a silly gimmick...he was a butler,who then later broke away/quit due to ted sr treating him wrongly and realized that due to roddy piper.....not that silly... it was pretty easy to see a butler quiting due to mistreatment

now the oddities...ya thats def one

It hurts me to see some of the greatest gimmicks of all time so casually cast into this list, RoboCop was epic.

Didn't WCW have a guy who came to ringside pretending to conduct a symphony orchestra?

He should've used the damn baton when he wrestled, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back