The Rock for WZT VI Winner

The Talon

Occasional Pre-Show
the-rock-dwayne-johnson-net-worth.jpg

And now I can say, FINALLY! THE ROCK HAS COME BACK....HOME!

He is one of professional wrestling's greatest. He is without question, one of the most exciting, charismatic, jaw-dropping & all around superb wrestlers of all time. From his debut as Rocky Maivia at Survivor Series, to his history-making win at WrestleMania XXVIII, The Rock has proven time & time again that he is one of wrestling's all-time elite.

He is the sixth man to become a Triple Crown Champion, a 7-time WWE Champion, a 2-time World Heavyweight Champion, 2-time Intercontinental Champ, a 5-time WWE Tag Team Champion, the winner of the 2000 Royal Rumble, Pro Wrestling Illustrated has declared him as the Wrestler of the Year for 2000, & has awarded him with 2 Match of The Year wins, The Rock's resume is unparalleled.

His 3-match series at WrestleMania with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin have become the tale of legends. He has defeated three of professional wrestling biggest & greatest icons, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, & John Cena, all at the Showcase of The Immortals, WrestleMania. He not only declared dominance over WWE's flagship show, Monday Night RAW, but led SmackDown to incredible heights.

There is no question that The Rock is the wrestler to win the Sixth Annual WrestleZone Tournament. Here is where the journey begins.

183359_115840075157954_100001958858010_118076_1200129_n.jpg

Vote for The Rock: The People's Champion

The Rock's resume is not "unparalleled." It's not even the most impressive out of the few men who have their HQ up already (Edge). Rock's best quality is his ability to captivate an audience, it's what made him a legend.

Based on pure accomplishments he does, which is what Talon was talking about.

Edge held 11 total world titles and The Rock held 9. However, with the exception of a few month span during Rock's full time career there was only one world title obviously making it a much harder accomplishment. Advantage Rock.

Edge is a 5 time IC champions while The Rock is a 2 time IC champion, however, The Rock held the title for a total of 339 days vs just 171 for Edge. Advantage Rock.

Edge has the advantage in terms of tag team titles and prowess but The Rock was never really a tag team wrestler and this isn't a tag team tournament.

Each has won a Royal Rumble and each has won a tournament though I'll take a WWE Title tournament over a KOTR tournament any day.

Now here's the real kicker. One of the greatest accomplishments for a pro wrestler is main eventing Wrestlemania (none of this co main event bs, I'm talking about being the last match). The Rock has done it 4 times while Edge has only done it once.

Pure accomplishments I say advantage Rock. Again, quality > quantity. The Rock's resume isn't unparallelled but it is better then Edge's.

No, I'm making the hard sell that the number 2 is double the number 1. Meaning double the world titles, double the main eventers, double the chances of winning a world title. I think it's fair to assume that if the Attitude era had two world titles then The Rock would have more then 11 world title reigns.

The Rock usually does well in the tournament and his comeback will only help. He doesn't have the toughest bracket either.

Last year after hosting Mania, The Rock made the final 4 and only lost to Sting by 2 votes. After beating Cena in the main event of Mania this year I think The Rock is the favorite to win this.

I signed up just to back the People's Champ. Let's go Rocky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back