The Remarkable 80's Bar and Grill

Started Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter for PS4, seems like an older title but there's still a pile of people online for it. Can't beat free.

WORLD OF TANKS!!

Before you scoff and say,"Jeff, I just don't get the appeal of rolling a tank around and blowing up other people online.". I have this to say to you, WOT is that and so much more.

The objective is simple, blow up your enemy or capture their base. But facing a savvy team and you'll soon find out that it's not a simple task at all. For a game about controlling a tank and shooting people, WOT has an abundance of tactical strategy to keep you coming back for more.

You have : Light Tank class. Light Tanks are great for spotting the enemy to briefly display on the tactical map for your team to fire on them. They are faster tanks and are good for capturing the enemy base as well. Don't count out the light tank for a match stealing comeback either.

Medium Tanks: A little stronger version of the light tank. It can pack a bigger punch and take less damage than a light tank. It is a little slower though and viewing range can be poor for low level medium tanks.

Heavy Tank: See medium but add more durability and fire power, but slow with medium spot range.

Tank Destroyers: Sniper tanks, high velocity offence makes their shots deadly and live up to their name. Rolling battleship on treads.

Artillery: (My choice). Artillery have the strongest shot in the game and can spot enemies far away. These are best used for camping your own base or finding a good hiding spot to catch tanks off guard. They are the hardest to use though because an enemy almost has to be standing still in order for your gun to calibrate and get an accurate shot in. Very slow moving tanks and have little chance when mobile tanks roll up on you.

Add to these classes are multiple upgrades of armour, weaponry, crew, special ammo, decals, ect etc, ect. A small gripe is the cost for spraying camo or adding flags on your tank, the cost seems high to me and I'd rather save up for a higher tier tank than trick mine out with ground effects...(can't actually get ground effects but you get my drift)

There's more I've no doubt failed to mention but this is one of the best free military games I've ever played. Paint me addicted to World of Tanks.

EA Sports. Fix your piece of shit, laggy servers. For one of the world's, (If not THE world's) top gaming company's they sure drop the ball when releasing sports titles. What do they do, test the server and game for three hours then ship it out? This is bologna.

Why can't a rival video game company....like 2K for example....make an NHL game to compete with E.A Sports?

2K has done a decent job in the past keeping up with EA but haven't bothered with hockey games in years. Now the only hockey franchise I can get is EA Sports NHL 17 coming out September 13th for Playstation 4. This will be my first hockey game for the PlayStation console. I've always used Xbox for NHL.

Looking at the NHL 17 Beta the game looks like it'll be slightly more tactical as the speed seems to have slowed a bit. The crowd reactions and goal celebrations I've seen look copy and pasted from NHL 16, as has other animations and cut scenes, that's EA using the - If it ain't broke- mentality. Hitting looks to be revamped a little as has puck realism vs sticky blades. I'm hoping goal tending has improved ten fold, playing goalie vs a team of online people can be super fun. NHL 16 has issues with goal tending bugs making it a chore to play the position.

Hopefully drop in games will allow custom-height and weight like NHL 14 did and not predetermined sizes. A hit with a guy 6"9 225 pounds on a 5"10 , 180 pound player was always satisfying. Both have advantages and it was great playing around to find that perfect mix that suited your style of play.

Could be an exclusivity deal. That's why 2k can't make an NFL game. 2k5 was miles better than Madden 05, but then ea panicked n signed an exclusive deal with the NFL

Could be an exclusivity deal. That's why 2k can't make an NFL game. 2k5 was miles better than Madden 05, but then ea panicked n signed an exclusive deal with the NFL

Bastards, I like EA Sports...but I hate EA for eating up all the competition at the same time. Plus EA fucked up Star Wars Battlefront. Beautiful graphics, music, sound just isn't enough EA, go back and play Battlefront on PS2 and try again.

There's no reason they couldn't make a really good game there. Armies from all eras, better vehicles, expanded classes, more personal matches. Wide open space with space battles.....ect ect ect.

Looking forward to trying some of these upcoming PS4 games.....

NHL 17
Titanfall 2
Gran Tarismo Sport
Final Fantasy 15.

Gran Turismo Sport I only just found out about and am amped to try it out. Loved the old Gran T games and I don't believe they can screw up that formula.

Started a .....

No chips.
No sugar.
No Fast Food.
Light on bread.
Heavy on water...

....diet on Monday. I lost 6 pounds since Monday with moderate exercise thrown in. Pretty surprised really, never seriously dieted before.

Dammit! I really hate Witcher 3 right now. I accepted a quest to cleanse a haunted house but there's a super powerful rock boss in the basement that I can barely hurt and it takes Geralt down in one measly hit. Clearly not a high enough level for this mission, woulda been nice to have known that when I started the damn quest.

Started Fallout 4 for Xbox One. Awesome game so far. Well worth the trade in plus 15$. This one is going to take awhile to finish by the look of it.

Dammit! I really hate Witcher 3 right now. I accepted a quest to cleanse a haunted house but there's a super powerful rock boss in the basement that I can barely hurt and it takes Geralt down in one measly hit. Clearly not a high enough level for this mission, woulda been nice to have known that when I started the damn quest.

Usually it tells you what level you should be before you start the quest. If it is one of the elementals, then I'm positive there is a strategy for beating them a bit easier. For the life of me though, I can't remember it.

Started Fallout 4 for Xbox One. Awesome game so far. Well worth the trade in plus 15$. This one is going to take awhile to finish by the look of it.

Great game. Don't expect to have much of a social life outside of it though.

XXXX SPOILER ALERT, THIS MOVIE PREVIEW IS ABOUT GHOSTBUSTERS 2016, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED XXXXX

GHOSTBUSTERS 2016 ----

Ghostbusters is a remake of the classic 1984 movie starring Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd. I’m impressed by the fact that they didn’t rely too heavily on the original to tell the story. It stood on it’s own fairly well when taken as a whole. Yes, there’s lots of nostalgic bits like cameos of all the stars of the original and the scene with the librarian is emulated a bit with their own first encounter with a ghost. Plus the final action piece there’s several nods to the original. But…IMO this one stood alone just fine.

I loved the comedic timing of all actresses involved and I chuckled since I’m a fan of Mcarthy and her work. Even Chris Hemsworth was pretty funny as a really dumb secretary for The Ghostbusters. It’s not a perfect movie, it’s not on the level of the original, but it’s still not bad. The special effects are fantastic and I found it overshadowed points in the film where a little one liner could have replaced all the zapping and hoopla.

The gimmick of having a giant ghost in the ending action scenes was brilliant, it was awesome special effects when it happened and the ghost looked fucking amazing IMO. The thing that hurt the most was the ultimately the bottom line writing, the story was pretty weak when you take away all the set pieces. The main villain was a cardboard cutout of a man who wanted to do bad stuff. It hurt the film a little for me since an over the top, wisecracking bad guy was badly needed for this film, a bad guy who at least had some purpose for his actions.

I can’t say I didn’t have a bad time watching this film, it was enjoyable as a whole but could have been fleshed out better.

7.5/10

After giving McCarthy a few chances I'm a bit Leary about watching anything with her in it.

I've yet to laugh at anything I've seen her in or been interested in her movies based on the previews.

Roomates kid was stuck making a rap song for cooking class, so I came up with this tongue in cheek effort within an hour....

Mother Sauce RAP

----Chorus----

HEY! It’s VEH LOO TAY!! pronounced VEH -LOO -TAY
We’re gonna cook it up, spice it up, on the expressway.

HEY! It’s VEH LOO TAY!! pronounced VEH-LOO-TAY
We’re gonna cook it up, spice it up, step to da buffet!

…..alright stop what yer doin, cause I’m ova here stewin, a recipe for the ages,

I got STOCK, cause you know I rock, lets cut to chase and move on to the base,

Put to the BEAT, melt da butta ova low HEAT, now taste the kind of meat, gross! Stop!! We ain’t there yet, add flour until fully incorporated, this is startin good, I ain’t from the hood but I know what I’m doin so I’m doin what I should, I’m makin Mother Sauce, boss…..

Chorus -----

Now slowly add the stock, a bit at a time, I’m tryin to fill time with the next rhyme so sit for a bit and all will be fine, I got my WHISK on, it’s here where I thrived, oooooh NO! My guests have arrived, I ran to the door to let in Jimmy, he had Martha with him and her daughter Kimmy, I said “Come on in! Yer welcome in my home, go have a seat, oh hello Jerome!” The new guest made it before the door was closed, now back to da kitchen, unopposed, it was time for the cool sooth, I added the STOCK for a silky smooth, this looks good, shouldn’t do any harm, that’s when I heard the FIRE ALARM!!

Chorus ----

O.K it’s done! Season with salt and pepper, this sauce just can’t get any better, this stuff might thicken as the sauce starts to cool, I did enough cookin in school to know I’m no fool I’m ROLLIN! Right out da kitchen, STROLLIN, servin the food like ma best wish, Jimmy said....

“This is best served with chicken and fish.”

I flipped the table and told them to jet...

“Take yer dumb wife and yer stupid brunette."

That left Jerome sittin in my home, a shocked look on his mug sittin all snug on my best fur rug,

“I like the sauce, man.” He said with a smile, it took a few seconds, it took me awhile to accept his face, my mistaken disgrace of throwin rage and anger all over the place, but he was right, the sauce was tight and I just might fight right often, cause this stuffs awesome its da best sauce goin TODAY cause …..

Chorus….

-----------------------

Pretty decent with a generic rap beat in the background.

My plea to the Call of Duty franchise.

Let's go back to World War II please? Pretty please with nades on top? We've been in the modern era now since Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Now it's at a point where they're reaching the year 3000 for Pete's sake. It's getting very repetitive. I love the COD franchise, love The Black Ops 2 and 3, hell I even liked Ghosts and Advanced Warfare. Now with Infinity coming up it looks like they've gone and went even further into the future and are fighting aliens.

I just want a break.....let's go back to World War 2.

Have it be a suped up mix of all previous WW2 games with amazing graphics. Have the battle on land, sea and air. Have it be super gory, heads blowing up, limbs flying off with lots of blood.

Do whatever with the campaign.

Multi-player is what ultimately sells the Call of Duty game so do players a solid and have the best WW2 experience they've ever played. Rehash and overhaul classic maps from COD1,2. Great a ton of new city maps. Create a mode where players have access to a large toolbox to create their own maps to be published and voted on, picked out and used on the servers.

Have larger maps that can support 64 players on a map, complete with Tanks, motorcycles, troop transport trucks, jeeps ect ect ect.

Have complete control of how a player looks, skin tone, fat, skinny, unshaven, bald, with unlockable additions like hats, tattoos, smokes piercings, bling ect ect ect.

Fully customised weaponry ranging from special unlockable ammo and gun decals and vehicle decals.

Have more creative hand to hand combat when out of ammo especially, have blocking, parrying and haymaker swings, unlock uppercuts and execution type kills plus headbutts and kicks to the face.

Mild perks and killstreaks. Examples for perks could be...extra stamina, quick reload, baseball gun swing, unfliched ect ect...

Killstreaks could include, air strike, soldier reinforcment (decoy, gunner, Nader, melee attacker) tank reinforcement , wide arc grenades, flamethrower, knife throwing expert ect ect ect...

Game modes could be like this....

Free for all deathmatch (or big 64 version)
Team deathmatch (or big 64 version)
Medics and Gunners CTF
CTF
Headquarters
Demolition
Domination
Search and Destroy (no Vehicles-All-Rifles only)
Vehicle Only. (Land Sea Air)
All Random Matches
Zombies
Create a Map
Fists only Headquarters, Search and Destroy

My plea to the gaming companies of the world.

I just purchased Tom Clancy's The Division for Xbox One. I started installing it two hours ago, it's at 43% right now...UGH Xbox..UGH!!! Anyway, this is not my current gripe, my current gripe is the lack of tuck ins for any game released now. The gamer of today is dishing out piles of money, in return they get a disc and a box for the most part.

What ever happened to the standard manuel that came with games? Call me insane but I always looked forward to the art design of the case and the book + extras in the box. We get shit all now. Zelda games of old got some sweet, thick books, gold cartridges and I think one even came with a map if I remember it right.
I'd even appreciate a digital version of a Manuel like EA does for NHL games. Ah well, oh look...The Division is at 44% now....

My plea to the gaming companies of the world.

I just purchased Tom Clancy's The Division for Xbox One. I started installing it two hours ago, it's at 43% right now...UGH Xbox..UGH!!! Anyway, this is not my current gripe, my current gripe is the lack of tuck ins for any game released now. The gamer of today is dishing out piles of money, in return they get a disc and a box for the most part.

What ever happened to the standard manuel that came with games? Call me insane but I always looked forward to the art design of the case and the book + extras in the box. We get shit all now. Zelda games of old got some sweet, thick books, gold cartridges and I think one even came with a map if I remember it right.
I'd even appreciate a digital version of a Manuel like EA does for NHL games. Ah well, oh look...The Division is at 44% now....

I always enjoyed looking through the manuals as a kid. They'd have anything from stories, to charts, and even walkthroughs. They were like mini strategy guides in some cases. The developers are probably just too lazy to do manuals anymore expecting everyone will just look the secrets up on youtube and google thus feeling there's no need for them anymore. It's bogus, but it is what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back