The {Original} Wrestlezone Tournament

Discussion in 'The WrestleZone Tournament Archives' started by Shocky, Jan 28, 2007.

1. michiganj24

michiganj24 Pre-Show Stalwart

I think I may have said it a littel wrong. I was not trying to say Raven was as good as Flair just that he like Flair won matches he shouldnt through the nmbers game and ring psychology. Raven was always hard to classify as his psychial prime was during his WCW and WWF days befor ehe got too addicted but his ring prime in which he really came into his own was in ECW. In a straight up fight he would have lost to most of his opponents he did beat here. It was ECW rule sthat allowed him to beat Andre, it was the blindfold coupled with the flock that allowed him to beat Harley and a man like Kane with a damged life as he has would have been the prefetc kind of person for Raven to mess with. H ewould have been so in his head he would be like Abyss is now. The way I really wanted to compare him to Falir is that he just nows how to steal that victory out of defeat(or at leats he did until he joined TNA). Flair one on one will whip him seven ways to sunday but make it Raven's rules and Flair will have a hard time(although with the Horseman to neutralize the Flock it might be the same thing)

2. Prax

Prax I used to be a big deal

lol looks like my arguments were pretty convincing. Thanks for the props.

One thing I want to say to XFear about the SCSA/Flair match... you say Austin made his feuds seem almost personal... I stronly suggest you rent or buy the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection... just watch some of his feuds from the 80s. It's so ridiculous it feels real. It feels like Flair has genuine hate for these people he faces. Funk, Steamboat, Race, Rhodes, etc, it's amazing. He can convince you watching his promos in hindsight on a frigin DVD almost that these feuds are personal. I strongly believe Austin takes a lot of his character and his promos out of what flair did in the 80s. Personally, it just seems like Flair had too huge of an influence on Austin to overlook.

But DAMN was it hard to make my choice :S

3. Colamania

Colamania Finally. Colin has come back...

OK Here we go. 3 of the greatest matches of all time... and the tournament finals. LOL.

Battle Of The Giants
    I think i agree with Prax on this one. Just for shits:
    Winner: The Great Khali

The world's ugliest bikini contest
    Come on people. The whole reason any company puts on a bikini contest is to have the one with the biggest boobs win. Therefore:
    Winner: Kamala

Rescue Sting From A Cage
    Despite Prax's very convincing argument,
    I'm going with the man who everyone, including the mastermind behind this whole tournament, knows is the greatest wrestler alive, getting the victory by falling through a sheet wall onto everyone else except Robocop, who gets tripped over by the helmet skittering along the floor. That's right,
    Winner: The Shockmaster

WCW Final: Ric Flair vs Stone Cold Steve Austin
    This match could, in my opinion, go to a 30-minute draw. However, there isn't a time limit, so i'm giving the win to Rikishi for putting the knee braces on Austin (kayfabe, of course, he actually had millions of operations) and weakening Austin's legs. Naitch locks in the figure-four, and
    Winner: Ric Flair

TNA Finals: Big Show vs Eddie Guerrero
    It's gonna be interesting, but, and i may regret saying this, I voted for Eddie. Eddie has indeed made a career out of beating the big guys, and although Big Show probably could match moves with Eddie, Show's gonna be sluggish coz he's got a bellyful of Ravishing Rick.
    Winner: Eddie Guerrero

WWE Finals: Terry "Fucking" Funk (thanks xfear) vs The Undertaker
    It isn't hardcore. It isn't extreme. It isn't barbed wire. It isn't Terry Funk's match. Undertaker will win. Not dominate, but he will win IMO. Funker goes for something off the top, coz' he's crazy like that, UT catches him by the throat, Chokeslam, Tombstone, 1-2-3.
    Winner: The Undertaker

ECW Final: Raven vs HBK Shawn Micheals
    OK. Please read my post about Raven not deserving it, shouldn't be here, how did he win, so on and so forth. That's the same one where i apologised for sounding like xfearbefore, so just use the quote in his sig to go to it. That post will tell you why i choose HBK.
    Winner: Shawn Micheals

Potential Semi-Final Matches:
    Ric Flair vs Eddie Guerrero
    Undertaker vs Shawn Micheals.

Actually, that's a very deserving Final 4. I think if this thing could actually happen, you could get pretty good odds on that happening.

4. Colamania

Colamania Finally. Colin has come back...

OMFG! Sorry, but just had to. The post just arrived (late as usual) with an envelope from the NEC group. My tickets have arrived: October 15th. Birmingham, England. The National Indoor Arena. Monday Night Raw. Floor Seats!!! Whoo-hoo!!! If I remember by then, I'll take a sign saying something like: hey all the WZ tournament guys! or something like that. Hopefully, Jeff Hardy will choose to cash in on MITB at the NIA. That would be cool. Again, sorry for it being a bit off-topic, but i couldn't resist, it'll be my first ever TV show, i've only been to house shows before. Now, if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go run around the house doing terrible Ric Flair impressions for a while. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

5. spike1391

spike1391 Dark Match Jobber

Don't worry Colamania, thats exactly how I was when my Wrestlemania 23 tickets arrived...I was all over the place, and hopefully Jeff Hardy decides to win the MITB match while I'm there! lol

6. strafro

strafro Shaman of Sexy

I'll be at WM 23 as well. Sitting floor where you gonna be at?

But now onto my picks:

Ric Flair vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin:

I grew up in the 90s and loving everything that Stone Cold did and said, he made everything seem so real despite me knowing it was fake. With that being said, Flair in his prime could do ANYTHING and i mean that, there is no way anyone will stop him on his road to winning this whole thing.

Winner: Ric Flair

Eddie Guerrero vs. The Big Show

As much as love Eddie Guerrero and what he has contributed to the wrestling world with his passion and love for the sport, I just can't see him overcoming the odds here, he has had too tough of a road and the Big Show has walked through this thing unscathed. So, I guess I gotta go with my girlfriend's favorite wrestler in this one (that was NOT bias by the way).

Winner: The Big Show

Terry Funk vs. The Undertaker

When I think of the Undertaker in his prime I think mid-late 90s when he was absolutely indestructable, he wore the purple gloves and just looked plain scary (not like the current nice guy Taker). But Terry Funk in his prime was an awesome wrestler/hardcore genius. With the hardcore element removed, I just cannot give Funk the nod.

Winner: The Undertaker

Raven vs. Shawn Michaels

How Raven made it this far blows my mind, never cared much for the guy. Shawn Michaels wins because he's the Showstopper.

Winner: HBK

7. spike1391

spike1391 Dark Match Jobber

Up in the cheap seats, like lower upper bowl...all i could afford, and to quote athletes in championship games..."I'm just happy to be here"

8. Ric Flair vs. Stone Cold:Flair is arguably the greatest of all time.Especially in his prime there was just no stoppin the guy.I believe that the match will go on for a while with Flair working over the legs of Stone Cold and will force him to tap out to the figure foure
    Winner:Flair!

Eddie Guerrero vs. The Big Show:I see Big Show taking this one just because the strength advantage and he is close to the end so he must be determined and nothing will stop him.
    Winner:Big Show

Terry Funk vs. Undertaker:It would be much better with a stipulation but I see this match being kind of dominated by Funk for a while and then Undertaker in the end will hit the Chokeslam and then the Tombstone for the win.
    Winner:Undertaker

Raven vs. Shawn Michales:If Raven had a stipulation it could help his chances out a lot better but this is a wrestling match and Shawn will deffinetly take the match because he is a great wrestler.
    Winner:Shawn

9. strafro

strafro Shaman of Sexy

All that really matters is that you will be in the building. I am going to the last Smackdown/ECW tapings up at Van Andel in Grand Rapids as well. Looking forward to this week big time.

10. Prax

Man you guys are so lucky. All Montreal is getting now is stupid RAW house shows :(

11. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

Ya, I'm disapointed in myself that living 3 hours away i never made an effort to go to this years WM. But I think that says more about hte state of the WWE more the anything.

Now onto todays matchups.
    Fatal Four Way Giant Match
    The Giant Silva wins, simply because he spent the least amount of time in the ring.

Rescue Sting from a steel cage;
    Are you kidding me, "That's Solid Steel". Robocop wins this one in a match only wrestlecrap.com would love.

So here are some of the darkest moments in the history of wrestling.
    The Shockmaster Incident

Robcop Saves the Day

The Zombie!!!

The Gooker

Bikini Contest:
    "Men are from Mars, Women are From Venis, but that doesn't matter, because everyone loves my,", ahh damnit, who cut off Gertner's mic? joel Gertner wins this wearing a bikini and his famous neckbrace with a tie.

Now If i can be serious.
    WCW Finals:
    Flair v. Austin
    The man that was the face of wrestlign and all the glits and glamour that came with it. Then you have the face of the next decade which stood for everything against what the first man stood for. A true matchup for the ages. Flair himself has recognized that WCW screwed up royally by not pushing Austin into main even status. This match goes on for a while, but finally, it will come down to Austin's Achille's heel, his knees. possibly the worst weakness to have against a man that mastered the Figure Four. Austin passes out in the middle of Flair's Ring.

TNA Finals:
    No doubt Eddie Guerrero was an amazing in ring performer. I agree with th epassion aspect as well. No one will deny that he left everything in the ring. But the reason he isn't in the same league as a Flair is because he isn't as smart as a Ric Flair. Guerrero often lets his rage get the best of him, and that causes him matchups. (I.E. Four corners v. jBL) Big Show is the best monster in the history of the business, he utilized a damn moonsault. I see Show just dominating this matchup, simply on size alone. Show is going to be dangerous, but he won't win the whole thing, simply because of the 3 matches in one night factor.

WWE Finals
    Funk vs. undertaker
    Does this thing not break out into an all out brawl? This won't be the Deadman Undertaker, this is going to be the American Bad Ass coming out with taped up fist and a skull cap to boot. These two are just going to beat the living hell out of each other. i think Funk is not getting a lot of credit in a regular match, and that's fair, considering I wasn't even born when he first started, and was only 3 when he was going to "retire". Finally after just a nasty street fight, Taker grabs funk for the always impressive Bad Ass Chokeslam. You know the one, when he grabbed them by the throat and got close and just started talking smack before he broke their back on the mat.
    Undertaker wins a hard fought battle.

ECW Finals:
    RAven vs. HBK
    In my predictions I had Raven out in the first round, but I knew if he survived, he would be here. Raven was a master of ECW, and as we saw with the stipulations, he advanced with his mind moreso then his body. Raven has definetly not been given the credit he deserves I think. I agree with most things Prax says, but just because he didn't make it big in WWE doesn't mean he isn't a major player. I think he'll go down as one of the 5 best ring pyschologist ever. He was a god in the Bingo Hall, in WCW he had a damn good run and actually made Goldberg look good in a match, and he's very over in TNA. Even in WWE he had a helluva run before the buyout and getting lost inthe Alliance disaster.
    With that all said, Raven loses this matchup, but I think it's going to be a lot closer then what people think.

So potential matchups.
    Flair vs. Big Show
    Undertaker vs. HBK

12. Prax

Flair vs. Big Show.

Undertaker vs. HBK.

Just listen to the sound of those matches... don't they sound epic to you? I don't see how we can have anything other than this in the next round :)

interesting how all four wrestlers have competed in the last year and all four are either close to retiring or have done it already (even the top 8 were recently active!)

That either means we really did have the best wrestlers in recent times (Flair being the exception, extending into the 80s and earlier, lol), or people voting here have really short memories.

I think it's a little bit of both.

13. kennyg9

kennyg9 Pre-Show Stalwart

Heres my picks:

Ric Flair vs Stone Cold - a hell of a classic match you can arguably say the biggest face of WCW versus the biggest face of the WWF/E. I see this being a slobberknocker but remember this is king of the ring style and Austin has won one in the past and knows what it takes to get it done. With that said i dont see Austin getting busted open like WM13, he may bleed but nothing like that cause this is a regular match and if flair locks in that figure four there is no way Austin will ever tap out. I see Flair becomming frustrated and Austin will find motivation by his hate for WCW and what better way to get backl at them with beating the face of WCW. Wham stone cold stunner!
    Winner: STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN

Big Show vs Eddie Guerrero - i dont got alot of time right now but big show is only here cause of the luck of the draw and Eddie should have lost to HHH but anyway i see Eddie cheating to win.
    Winner: EDDIE GUERRERO

Terry Funk vs Undertaker - once again not alot of time but i see this being a slugfest hurting both men equally but in the end the tombstone saves the taker.
    Winner : UNDERTAKER

Raven vs Shawn Michaels - hahahaha this is a joke match here in regular rules raven has as good as a chance as i do against HBK. HBK should have a minimum of 90% of the vote.
    Winner : "THE HEARTBREAK KID" SHAWN MICHAELS

Final Four
    Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Eddie Guerrero
    Undertaker vs. "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels

14. OverniteCelebrityLM

OverniteCelebrityLM Occasional Pre-Show

The only match I see being close is Flair vs. Austin in the voting. I think it'll either be Show or Guerrero in a land slide, Undertaker in a land slide and the biggest land slide going to HBK. I'll be surprised if Raven got more than 10% of the vote. Not saying he isn't a good wrestler, he's just not in his element but he'd put up a hell of a fight.

15. X

X RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM

Dude, have you people seen Terry Funk wrestle? And not just his hardcore ECW and Japan days, have any of you ever seen his NWA glory days? How you guys are picking 'Taker over him is beyond me. Taker is a legend, don't get me wrong, but I just don't understand how you guys are all picking Taker over Funk. Maybe someone can explain this to me? I figured that one would be easy for everyone.

16. Shadowmancer

Shadowmancer I am The Last Baron

All of you saying Raven has no chance, it is in ECW. With ECW rules, old school ECW where you won't have a DQ win or anything. So if it is a popularity contest then HBK no doubt unless there is a huge flock of Raven supporters out there voting on it. But in regards to just a normal ECW match it would quite possibly be booked as a Raven win based on the enviroment.

17. Shocky

I agree with the Terry Funk statement, but i am too young to rember the NWA Funk. I've followed Undertaker since he got to WWE and have probably seen all of is ppv matchups. I don't think that it'll be a total destruction like everyone thinks it'll be, but I do see Taker winning. If it becomes a street fight/fist fight, I tend to go with the larger man. Funk can take a punch, but TAker has at least an 8 inch reach advantage on him.
    It is probably one of my biggest regrets as a Funk fan to not see him, because of him being in Japan, during my formative years as a fan. That 10-15 year range where you start to grow your personality. I've watched his matchups recently, but it stinks I never got to see them live, it's weird, I know, that's just how I am.

On Raven, I completly agree he is being completly under rated in this match. But at this point, all the matches are regular wrestling matches, even though it is an ECW Final. This is more of a KoTR then anything. Stil in a regular match, Raven loses, but is completly under rated. Do you think I got my point, Raven= Under rated.

18. kennyg9

kennyg9 Pre-Show Stalwart

I have personally seen Raven compete in the old Bingo Hall in South Philly and in them rules yea hes a monster no doubt about it, BUT in a regular match against an HBK in his prime(in my eyes 1995-1998) raven has NO CHANCE IN HELL, he can barely carry HBK's jock strap in my opinion

19. Shocky

Well lets skip the stuff and get straigt to results.

Match 1: A Giant Disapointment Match
    The Giant Silva is the first one eliminated, followed by kurgan. It comes down to the Giant Gonzalez vs. The Great khali. The Khali Karate Chop sends the big man down and khali wins a match.

Match 2: WrestleCrap Dream Match
    The Shockmaster falls on the other guys, except Robocop, who trips on the helmet. Fred bends over to pick up the helmet, but falls into the Rubber, er steel cage and rescues Sting for the win.

Match 3: just a nightmare.
    Gertner wins, do you really wanna know how?

OK, lets be serious.
    WCW Finals.
    This match is a dream match. Prime Flair v. Prime Austin. Both men trades punches with the wonderful, and if you didn't see judgment day 02, you missed WWE's Fans greatest moment, the trading Woooo's and What's. Just watch it. Finally Flair goes for the Figure Four and locks Austin on it. AFter several minutes in the middle of the ring, Austin passes out from the pain. the Ref goes to make the decision, but the bell rings, what the hell. Both men have battled to a 30 minute draw. 50-50.

TNA Finals:
    Big Show comes out fast and furious taking down Latino Heat Early and Often. Finally though Guerrero takes the advantage and never looks back. Guerrero nails the Frogsplash and moves onto the Semi-Finals with 75% of th evote. Actually Guerrero goes onto the Finals with a bye due to the draw.

WWE Finals;
    Funk v. Undertaker. just a nasty big Texan fight. This match actually ends up being more like the Taker v. Angle match as Funk completly changes the game plan on Taker. In the end though, the Deadman is too much for the Funker to handle and the Undertaker moves on with, XFEAR, just skip this part and go to the next match, 82% of the vote.

ECW Finals:
    Raven vs. HBK. A lot of people think Raven shouldn't be here, and I'm not one of them. Sure he shouldn't have beaten Andre in Round 1, but i think he deserves to be here after that. Raven gives it a valiant effort, but in the End, it's HBK with sweet chin music to advance. HBK with 90% of the vote.

So here we go with the Semi Finals
    Triple Threat Elimination Match: You didn't really think anyone gets a bye did ya?
    The Nature Boy Ric Flair vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero
    The Undertaker vs. The Heartbreak kid Shawn Michaels.

The poll is closed

20. Sexy Beast

Sexy Beast Guest

Dude you definitely scared me with the bye I was like WHAT THE HELL but pretty much what everyone expected besides eddie

21. Prax

That was ridiculous :S

However I stick by my original prediction... Flair vs. HBK in the finals.

I'll post in more detail later.

just wow...

22. tarp

tarp Pre-Show Stalwart

Flair vs HBk in the finals! At about the 17 minute mark, Stone Cold stuns Eddie, but Flair chop blocks Stone Cold which is a great move but with Stone Colds knees, Stone Cold goes down and Flair covers Eddie for the win!
    HBK over Undertaker at the 35 minute mark with a rollup, not Sweet Chin Music!
    As stated earlier, HBK is completely wore out, and Flair beats HBK!!

23. OverniteCelebrityLM

OverniteCelebrityLM Occasional Pre-Show

I'm surprised it went 50/50 like that. Flair should of won easy. Steve Austin is explosive but anyone who has seen a prime Flair knows that he can beat anyone. Poor Eddie doesn't have a chance. I see Austin and Flair teaming up on him and getting him out of the way early so they can renew there Quarter-final match.

24. afmccarty08

afmccarty08 Dark Match Jobber

No, see thats just it. To evaluate these matches correctly, you must go according to the set up of the tournament. That means that this triple threat elimination match happens right after the 30 minute hard fought draw between Flair and SCSA. Both those men are going to be physically beaten to a pulp, (lets remember, austin passed out in the match) where as comparitivly, Eddie will be fairly fresh. Plus, its Latino Heat, so you know he'll find a way to lie, cheat or steal his way to a victory. Believe it or not, i think if either SCSA or Ric Flair would have won their quarterfinal match, they would have advanced to the finals, but due to the Triple Threat Elimination match, I think that Latino Heat lies, cheats and steals to get through to the finals.

HBK v. Undertaker- what a match. as much as i mark out for the undertaker, i just don't see hbk losing this match. i see an elbow drop and some sweet chin music at about the 20 minute mark, with hbk picking up the win.

FINALS: 'The Heartbreak Kid' Shawn Michaels v. 'Latino Heat' Eddie Guerrero

25. michiganj24

michiganj24 Pre-Show Stalwart

Well much like Ravens runs the takes will end as the boyhood dream continues. It will be long and hadr but eventually UT will get introduced to the band

Triple threat well Eddie is fresh and SC and RF are dead beat. Ultimately all three men hate each other. SC will team up with Flair a sthey realize they are both tired and beat on eddie and just when they have him beat down Austin turns and Stuns Flair. Then Eddie and SC adavnces

spike1391 likes this.