The NHL Thread

Should Kadri get three games for that hit on Sedin? That's about as borderline as your going to get. It was a blindside hit, Sedins head did get hit after his shoulder, no injury on the hit and his helmet flew off. Watching the video from ice level, it looks nasty and I'd be furious if I was Sedins teammate. But in super slow motion, his shoulder gets hit first to show it was a legal hit even though it was a blindside one.

In my view, 3 games might even be too much. I was watching Sportsnet and some plug analyst said he thinks it should be upwards of 10 games. Seriously, this is what the league has come to... suggesting 10 game suspensions for a borderline dirty hit. Here are the facts as I see them:

1. The puck had just barely left Sedin's stick when Kadri hit him. It wasn't a late hit.
2. Sedin was alone near the net. Kadri was obviously trying to prevent a goal, there was little maliciousness involved.
3. The initial point of contact was the shoulder, not the head. Sedin only had to leave the rink originally because he hit his head on the ice.
4. A still-frame at the point of contact shows that Kadri didn't leave his feet on the hit as some were claiming.
5. It was a blindside hit that Sedin probably wasn't expecting with the score at 5-2, but blindside hits are not illegal.
6. Kadri has been known to be involved in this type of situation throughout his career and has prior suspensions.

All things considered, yeah it's a dirty hit, but it's not a suspendable infraction. There is a difference. If Kadri were to get anything, it would likely be because of his prior offenses.

So is it safe to say the Oilers are finally for real? The team probably is still a D-Man or two short of being a serious cup contender but the team hasn't fallen off a cliff yet.

Oh yeah and Kadri should get suspended, I've seen people get suspended doing less than what Kadri did.

So is it safe to say the Oilers are finally for real? The team probably is still a D-Man or two short of being a serious cup contender but the team hasn't fallen off a cliff yet.

I think they'll hit a patch eventually, every team in their position does. How they weather the storm will ultimately determine if they finish as a high seed in the West or if they're battling for a playoff spot come the end of the year. I think the Yakupov, and especially the Hall trade made them a marginally better team than last year. Adam Larsson is a stud defenseman and brings stability to a D squad that has desperately been needing it. The fact that Lucic is playing some really good hockey doesn't hurt either. If McDavid can keep putting up these numbers, Edmonton will almost definitely be in the playoffs this year. They have a really good core group now that they can build into legitimate Cup contenders over the next few years.

Oh yeah and Kadri should get suspended, I've seen people get suspended doing less than what Kadri did.

Can I just ask why though? Serious question. I've heard this a lot from people who don't like Kadri but it doesn't answer the question of what exactly Kadri did that constituted a suspendable offence. Like I said, a blindsite hit is not constituted as illegal.

I think there comes a point when you have to draw the line between a dirty hit and a suspendable hit. It seems like every crushing, border-line hit nowadays has people calling for a suspension and it really takes away from the game in my opinion. 10 years or so ago, about 50% of the hits in open ice would have been suspendable today. Might as well just outlaw open-ice hits altogether.

Neil vs Bass was a pretty good scrap. There's something I hate about Neil, I don't know what it is. Maybe it's his -I'm gonna cry or complain- type of face.

Phew! I was a bit worried about Matthew's not producing, he scored twice and got an assist so far to lead the charge for The Leafs vs NJ.

The Las Vegas franchise decide to call themselves.....

Vegas Golden Knights.

A nice logo but Las Vegas Knights would've been an obvious choice instead of Vegas Golden Knights.

I'm loving that Vegas Golden Knights logo more and more. It's the best new logo I've seen in awhile. NHL teams are going to love being on the road vs Vegas I bet.

I can't remember having so many heart attacks watching one hockey game tonight. Leafs score on a beautiful goal from the 4th line in double O.T. Ovi denied on a breakaway.... Kapanen is the hero tonight! I scream cheered at the goal. Hits were 40-40, shots 50-50...Caps tieing it in the 3rd with the most dominant shift I've seen in ages, Ovi's line had The Leafs hemmed in their zone for a full 1:20 before the goal.

Go Leafs Go!! Series tied 1-1.

Kind of a huge moment...Sidney Crosby has a concussion after game three's O.T loss to the Caps. Possibly Ovechkin is responsible. I haven't watched the replay of the incedent yet.

I hope Edmonton can bring the Cup to Canada now.

I hope Edmonton can bring the Cup to Canada now.

The Sens were so close. I would think the Sens would have been able to beat Nashville due to the Preds injuries down the middle.

I kind of had a feeling after the injuries the Preds had at Center they were at borrowed time and it did catch up to them against the Penguins. Who, I argue, is a less difficult match up than The Ducks.

Oh well.

So, can we just take a minute and talk about how Connor McDavid is a living legend? This guy is fucking brilliant. I don't think I've ever—and I am not exaggerating here—seen someone with his combination of pure video-game like speed and talent.

When you can make TJ Brodie look like an AHL scrub, you're really something.

Jagr says he predicts a hundred goals from McDavid this season or some season in the future. The dude is just such a natural that its hard to imagine at only 20 he isn't going to get even better.

When he hits the natural zone he is just flying, he blows past defenders like they're not even skating. I really do hope he gets over 100 goals this year, that would be amazing to see.

Jeff, who do you root for? You enjoying NHL 18? I spent a good three hours in Franchise making my expansion team, the Indianapolis Hawks and they are just awful.

Jeff, who do you root for? You enjoying NHL 18? I spent a good three hours in Franchise making my expansion team, the Indianapolis Hawks and they are just awful.

Toronto Maple Leafs since birth. I've played about three EASHL drop in 6 vs 6 games and tried a 3 vs 3 series game where you start off with a shitty team and have to advance. The 3 vs 3 addition would make for a really fun party game with pals if I still did that shit. Have some drinks and whatnot. It's more along the lines of a non stop arcade mode, it was a decent addition I'MO. After the first period Edmonton swapped out a player for their mascot with his own special entrance. Dude was awesome too.

The EASHL games I've noticed sharper defensive sticks and they seemed to have adjusted the defensive defenseman passing abilities and overall passing in general. I noticed the senseless sideways pass is still there though. That was a little disappointing. But the games I've played (all defense position) were good and it seems more finely tuned now. I never really explored any of the other modes yet, but I'm really liking it so far for drop in games.

Toronto Maple Leafs since birth. I've played about three EASHL drop in 6 vs 6 games and tried a 3 vs 3 series game where you start off with a shitty team and have to advance. The 3 vs 3 addition would make for a really fun party game with pals if I still did that shit. Have some drinks and whatnot. It's more along the lines of a non stop arcade mode, it was a decent addition I'MO. After the first period Edmonton swapped out a player for their mascot with his own special entrance. Dude was awesome too.

The EASHL games I've noticed sharper defensive sticks and they seemed to have adjusted the defensive defenseman passing abilities and overall passing in general. I noticed the senseless sideways pass is still there though. That was a little disappointing. But the games I've played (all defense position) were good and it seems more finely tuned now. I never really explored any of the other modes yet, but I'm really liking it so far for drop in games.

I'm still trying to get back into the actual in game part because the last NHL game I played at length was 15. The passing does feel better, especially with the hard pass option, but yeah that stupid pointless sideways pass still kills some of my breakaways. The deke system is a little iffy for me. Maybe I just need more skilled players, but I fail my dekes more often than not. Usually its just a little poke check that does it too.

When I get everything moved into our new place I want to try the 3 on 3. It looks like it has a real arcade feel, like the old NHL Hitz games.

Thus far I've found I make a stupid defending mistake almost each game and it costs me a goal and eventually the win, but the animations are smooth, on Xbox at least and I'd say as far as realism, NHL is EA's best product having played Madden, NBA, and FIFA.

Still waiting to see a 10-1 game like that Pens/Blackhawks game the other night though.

Not bad, but I think the Vegas Golden Knights logo would have looked better on the Big W.

NHL_06052018gd_0034_WashingtonCapitals--08ca5553ba18f2f431f786ca76fd9db8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back