The NBA2k18 thread

A11oftheLights

Getting Noticed By Management
Thought I'd see if anyone has played the prelude and what their thoughts were. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the game when I finally get paid from work next week some time but would definitely be keen on playing in the park with anyone on PS4 or even creating a WZ pro-am team or whatever. I'll leave my prelude thoughts below

The Neighbourhood
Not sure how I feel about this. If the servers can make it work it'll be amazing. Completely unessential addition but will just add to the immersion of the mode

The archetypes system
I love the decision to increase it to two. I dont love how the game now punishes my style of play. Thats probably them telling me that I dont play realistically but in world where Westbrook gets to be amazing at everything because he's "One of a kind" I find it dumb that I'm limited like that. I wish that it evolves over time so that in future you pick one skill for your default stats and then the game watches how you play and then figures out what your secondary skill is

The Story
:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Geez this is a dumb starting point. I hate that you get to just choose your team. I hate that you are given this DJ persona that had given up on playing ball but suddenly you are just gonna make it on an nba team. Apparently the decisions you make are going to matter this year so I will forgive the start if it leads to a better middle. If they were gonna go this route you could still have called the bloke DJ because he was always wearing the headphones when he was at college. Then he can miss the draft go out and say well I'm going to ball out on the streets and get a rep. Then start whatever from there

I've only ever played MyTeam, MyGM, and MyLeague modes. I'm far more interested in team building than character development.

That said, if we can get a few guys together I'd be willing to try the MyPark mode or whatever.

Every year I say I'll do a my player, I'll play a few games and then go into franchise mode or play someone online. Last year I really got into myteam though. As JGlass said, happy to do some mypark.

I love the 2k games. I have 2K17 on PS4 and I've asked on here several times if there was anyone who had the game that wanted to play against me. I understand, though, I wouldn't want to play against me either.

NBA Live has the ability to change the number of games in a season (and playoff structure) for your my career. They'll be getting my money this year as I've wanted this more than any extra shit 2K has put in.

After last year, multiple huge updates over and over again I'll be passing on 2K. It seemed like every 2 weeks we had to install another 10gb update.

I love the 2k games. I have 2K17 on PS4 and I've asked on here several times if there was anyone who had the game that wanted to play against me. I understand, though, I wouldn't want to play against me either.

I probably would have but i didnt have Playstation plus or whatever the fuck its called. Once I get paid from this temp job I'm doing i'll be sorting that out and then probably diving into myplayer. So I'll probably get creamed in a 1v1 if you are decent enough at the game

I've pre-ordered 2K18 on PC, since I don't play PS4 or XB1. Looking forward to it, as I skipped 2K17. MyCareer and MyGM are the two main modes I played on 2K16.

I mostly just do My Career.
I usually start GM mode but I get bored with it rather quickly.

I was going to go with NBA Live this year but I hated the ball physics in the demo. And I hated how the players at times looked like they were ice skating instead of running.

So I pre-ordered 2K.

Live is heading in a good direction but isn't there yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back