The Miz is 88 days away of becoming the IC champion with the most combined days

Discussion in 'Wrestling Spam Zone' started by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D., Jan 31, 2018.

1. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

Pretty big deal if you ask me. Pedro Morales is #1 with 619 days and Miz is #3 with 531 days as the champion.

The Miz is also 2 reigns away from becoming the wrestler with most IC title reigns ever, with #1 being Chris Jericho.

It looks like he's bound to break both records in the next year. Pretty big deal if you ask me. He's been featured in the IC championship picture ever since he defeated Zack Ryder the night after WM 32. 2 years have almost passed since then and he seems unstoppable.

Greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time?

2. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

I find it hard to be impressed by 8 reigns that are only just about to overtake the most combined days at the top.

3. Y 2 Jake

As for greatest, Bret Hart in my opinion. Won his first in a classic, lost his last in a classic. Good and memorable matches in between, was used as a dry run for his role as a headliner and it worked.

4. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

To be fair though, half of these reigns came at a period when the IC title meant shit.

That definetaly works against the Miz. But still, the days record is impressive.

5. Y 2 Jake

Does the IC Title mean shit now?

6. Stone Cold Tea

Stone Cold Tea Getting Noticed By Management

I'd say Miz makes the title mean something.

7. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

It's been featured in interesting angles and matches like Miz vs Ziggler and Miz vs Reigns and Reigns vs Joe, so it means something.

8. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

If he gets both records he still won't be the best champion ever (he's no Tito Santana), but for someone who was thrown out of the locker room as a rookie, this is pretty impressive.

9. King Patrick Star

King Patrick Star K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed

I like the Miz and everything about his character. He has impressed me from the time he showed up in the WWE. I’m still a little pissed off that he “stole” my idea of flipping the “W” on the spinner to make an “M” (I did that a year before he did, because my last name starts with an “M”), but that’s neither here nor there.

With that being said, Chris Jericho is the greatest Intercontinental Champion of all time. The Miz can break every record in WWE history, but Y2J will still be the G.O.A.T.

10. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

You know when Morales married CM Punk and joined the concussion lawsuit that Miz would be breaking the record.

11. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

What would you like to see him do at Wrestlemania?

All signs point at a multi-man title defence right now, given how heavy RAW is.

12. Y 2 Jake

Jericho is one of the worst IC Champs. Nearly 10 reigns and so few memories.

13. klunderbunker

This is very true. Aside from his matches with Benoit and Mysterio, I can barely remember anything he did as champion that stands out.

14. Y 2 Jake

It's the same problem I have with The Miz. His feud with Ziggler was better than expected, but as inconsequential as almost everything else.

15. klunderbunker

I'm not sure I'd go that far as I love MIz's character stuff. It's more a case of we've seen it so many times now that there's not much to get excited about.

16. Pika

Pika Pre-Show Stalwart

I'm a bigger fan of the IC title in recent years than the main WWE championship possibly. I don't think my opinion on it holds any weight due to me being vastly unfamiliar with WWE from right before the Attitude Era to pre Wrestlemania 30. I do know I was very happy with a lot of the recent reigns tho.. Miz possibly being #1 on the list of people holding it for me :3

Miz.. Then Ziggler.. Then.. Kevin Owens & Dean Ambrose all had good reigns and bouts for the title with several people and have held it a majority of the time in the last 3 to even 4 years. Also, Luke Harper was absolutely great with the IC title and was very entertaining.

17. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

Was Savage-steamboat for the IC title? Otherwise I can't remember any memorable IC title defenses.

KB?

18. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

Hart Bulldog Summerslam 92.

19. Rainbow Yaz

Rainbow Yaz Sing about me, I'm dying of thirst
    E-Fed Mod

He fought a woman.

20. OYDK

OYDK King Of The Ring

Michaels/Ramon Ladder match, Mania 10.

21. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Before Miz there was, in opposite order and if my memory serves me correctly:

Reigns, Miz, Ambrose, Miz, Ziggler, Miz, Ryder, Owens, Ambrose, Owens, Ryback, Bryan, Barrett, Ziggler, Harper, Ziggler, Miz, Ziggler, Miz, Barrett, Big E, Axel, Barrett, Miz, Barrett, Kofi, Miz, Christian, Rhodes, Big Show, Rhodes, Ezekiel.

There's no reason to go further back, but given that I remember very well the IC title with Rhodes and after Owens first won it, I'd day that the IC title meant something during the time Rhodes had it and after Owens won it.
    After Owens it went to Ambrose, Ryder, Miz, Ziggler and Reigns and it became damn memorable and enjoyable. So, yeah, I'd say it has been pretty awesome ever since 2015.