The Legendary John Cena HQ

Michaels has had all kinds of great matches not at Wrestlemania.

Michaels vs Angle from Vengeance 05

Michaels vs Cena from Raw in UK

Michaels vs Triple H at Summerslam 02

Michaels vs Jericho from No Mercy 08 Ladder match

And those are ones since his return in 02.

Seriously, John Cena has been growing on me for the last few years, but to say that he has even had a quarter of the amazing matches that HBK has had is just ridiculous. Cena has had some great matches, I am not denying that, but HBK has had a 20 plus year career, and has many many more:

1985-1991: Reinventing Tag Team Wrestling with Jannety, and putting on great tag team bouts with The Hart Foundation, The British Bulldogs, and The Brain Busters (Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard).
May 17th 1993 Raw: vs Marty Jannetty
Wrestlemania 10: The ladder match with Razor
Mania 11: The ONE good match that took place that night against Diesel
Mania 12: The Iron Man Match against Bret
Mind Games 1996: Awesome, Awesome match against Mankind
Badd Blood 1997: First HIAC against The Undertaker
Royal Rumble 1998: Casket Match against Taker
Mania 14: vs Stone Cold
Summerslam 2002: vs HHH
Suvivor Series 2002: First Elimination Chamber Match
Armageddon 2002: 2 out of 3 Falls Match against HHH
Mania 19: vs Jericho (arguably the match of the night)
Mania 20: vs Beniot and HHH
Badd Blood 2004: Hell in a Cell vs HHH
Mania 21: vs Kurt Angle
Vengeance 2005: vs Kurt Angle
Raw 2005: vs Shelton Benjamin
Summerslam 2005: vs Hogan
Survivor Series 2005: Team Raw vs Team Smackdown
Mania 22: vs Vince McMahon
Summerslam 2006: DX vs McMahons
Late 2006-2007: all the stuff vs Rated RKO
Royal Rumble 2007: All great, but especially the last 10 minutes of the match when it was just 1 on 1 with Taker
Mania 23: vs John Cena
Raw 2007: vs John Cena
Mania 24: vs Ric Flair
Summer 2008: Every Single Match against Chris Jericho
Mania 25 & 26: vs Taker

Those are just the matches I can think of off the top of my head. I am sure if I thought more about it, I could think of many many more. Sorry, but Cena is not at that level yet. Maybe someday he will be, who I am to say that he won't get there eventually, but he is not there yet.

That sums it up Ryder. Not all of those were at Wrestlemania. HBK has even out-done his Wrestlemania performances. Some say the re-matches between him and Cena and him and Angle were better than the ones at Mania. Some also say the Ladder match with Razor Ramon at Summerslam was better than the original Wrestlemania one.

Who can have a better match with Jericho, Cena or Michaels?
With Triple H?
With Taker?
With Orton?
With Flair?

And Cena's matches with Batista at Mania was good but wasn't a classic in any sense of the word.

Cena dragged HBK kicking and screaming to his first two classics over a year when they locked up in 2007. Cena was the best worker in the company at that point. HBK was along for the ride.

Someone want to explain to me why HBK marks felt the need to drop an abundance of suck on this thread? Actually, no. Don't explain it to me. Just go away.

Cena dragged HBK kicking and screaming to his first two classics over a year when they locked up in 2007. Cena was the best worker in the company at that point. HBK was along for the ride.

Someone want to explain to me why HBK marks felt the need to drop an abundance of suck on this thread? Actually, no. Don't explain it to me. Just go away.

No doubt Cena's a very good worker and was the MVP of 07 but his shitty selling during Mania that year almost ruined that match completely while Michaels gave a great performance.

Me and the people I was watching didn't think his selling ruined the match. I didn't even know there was anything to get bent out of shape about until I went on the internet the next day. Eternal proof that smarks get bent out of shape over things nobody else gives a rat's behind about. You'll understand it when you're older. Or remain in mental infancy. We'll see which.

HBK had a not-so-great 2006, minus his match with McMahon at WrestleMania 22. But to say Cena carried him through any match they had is complete and total bullshit.

Not sure if this was meant for me or not, but I'm really not a big HBK mark. I wouldn't have said anything at all had I not read John Cena has had as many or more great matches than HBK. Spin it however you like, it's not true.

Me and the people I was watching didn't think his selling ruined the match. I didn't even know there was anything to get bent out of shape about until I went on the internet the next day. Eternal proof that smarks get bent out of shape over things nobody else gives a rat's behind about. You'll understand it when you're older. Or remain in mental infancy. We'll see which.

Nobody means you and your friends? His selling was shit and this little anti-smark thing you keep on saying is utter bullshit. I have never been or will ever be a smark. I have my opinions in wrestling and I don't try and over analyze what is virtually a scripted soap opera. But I do however notice obvious deficiencies.

I have never let a small little storyline hole ruin an entire angle, I don't look at wrestling as an intellectual fucking movie who has critics wetting their pants at the amount of symbolism, I look at it as a semi-mindless action flick.

Cena vs Jericho is a debate I am looking forward to.
Why? It's pretty one-sided.

Kayfabe: Jericho is Cena's job-boy bitch

Drawing Power: Cena is the face of his generation and is the biggest draw since Rock and Austin; Jericho is an upper-midcarder who's proven he doesn't belong at the top.

Ring Work: Jericho's ring work is a slop show. The guy makes Cena look like Bret Hart.

Why? It's pretty one-sided.

Kayfabe: Jericho is Cena's job-boy bitch

Drawing Power: Cena is the face of his generation and is the biggest draw since Rock and Austin; Jericho is an upper-midcarder who's proven he doesn't belong at the top.

Ring Work: Jericho's ring work is a slop show. The guy makes Cena look like Bret Hart.

Most smarks don't see it that way. They keep bringing up the fact about how selfless a worker Jericho is without understanding that it's not a big deal.

I'm saying that he will get a lot of support. Whether he deserves it or not is another question.

Michaels has had all kinds of great matches not at Wrestlemania.

Michaels vs Angle from Vengeance 05

Second best match of the night. Batista/HHH was better.

Michaels vs Cena from Raw in UK

I'll give you this one.

Michaels vs Triple H at Summerslam 02

I prefer Angle/Mysterio more.

Michaels vs Jericho from No Mercy 08 Ladder match

I question your standard of ladder matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back