The Last Straw (Calling Slyfox or Ty)

I don't understand why IE would affect downloads. Whenever I download anything IE has nothing to do with it.
Firefox has a built-in download manager. IE does not. IE downloads bits of information in sequential order, which tends to cause errors, especially with larger files. Firefox, and most download mangers in general, pick the bits of information up from all over, and then combine to make the file.

That's not a great explanation, but it gets the general point across.

As far as bit torrents go, you likely use a separate program for that, so no browser would have an effect on it.

I would test out both Firefox and Opera, I tryed out both for a while and ending up going with Opera, I just prefer the interface to fire.
Plus I don't use a ton of extentions, so I don't really have a need for for the fully customizable FireFox.

I also like the way the way that opera gives you a different tab instead of a mini window when you download things, you can do file converting if you have AVS (I think that's it) right in the screen where it shows you all the downloads, convert the files by right clicking on them
right in the download menu and convert them right there.

It really all comes down to personally prefence, try them both.
There are some cool things with Opera...but some problems as well. It has some problems when you try to render certain types of web pages, and there are some applications that will not run in an Opera browser. That's why I prefer Firefox.

I am right now, for the very first time ever, using Firefox.

Now, I had IE 6 for years and never had a problem with it. But lately, a lot of main websites I go to kept giving me warnings that the site was not going to be able to support IE 6 much longer, so yesterday I finally downloaded IE 8 and let me say... IT FUCKING SUCKS. My main gripe with it is that when I come to Wrestlezone, I like to open up a shit load of different windows when I get here. It makes viewing threads much easier and faster. However, I could not get three fucking windows or tabs open with IE 8 without the piece of shit freezing and me having to shut the thing down.

But yeah.. using Firefox now and it doesn't give me that problem at least. Not sure if I prefer it over IE 6 though; it's just hard to change, you know? I'll have to get use to it...

I hate Safari. I feel like I'm using a browser made for children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back