The Great One at 'Mania!

Stone Cold Tea

Getting Noticed By Management
So it has been announced by The Rock that he will be appearing at ‘Mania 32.
Now there has been concerns from people that with the way things have been shaping up the card could lack real starpower.
Well Jesus himself couldn’t bring more starpower than The Great One to ‘Mania.
Obviously if The Rock is turning up in a wrestling capacity people will complain it takes away a sport from people and prevents them from building up future stars.

So my questions are:

What capacity do you think The Rock will be turning up in at ‘Mania?

What capacity would you like The Rock to appear in at ‘Mania?

Off the top of my head I think It would be cool if he was in Romans corner in a Roman Vs Lesnar part2 and then he helps Roman beat Lesnar and boom there’s your SummerSlam/’Mania 33 Main event.

I think he needs to stay away from Roman Reigns as I feel The Rock's presence with Reigns would take away from that moment. Just give him a segment like the rest of the non-competing legends.

I hope it's nothing more than how he was used at WrestleMania XXX. To me, that segment with him, Austin and Hogan was brilliant. One segment of giving everyone their nostalgia fix and moving on with the rest of the show.

That being said, I wouldn't say no to a Rock match, if it was the right guy.

I believe it's going to be a segment, just that. Him laying the smacketh down on a jobber heel.

I'd like for The Rock to wrestle. I don't care what people say. The Rock is The Rock and I wasn't around during the Attitude Era, so give that man an opponent!!

Also, he should stay away from Reigns, for now. The fans would see it as WWE trying to bring Reigns cheers and they would boo the hell out of Roman. And they would be right to do so.

So that means we'll be getting Rocky on RAW sooner or later. Can't wait.

He should fight Reigns. It is by far the most interesting thing he could do.

That being said he will probably show up, throw verbal diarrhea in someone's general direction, maybe break his insurance clause with a quick Rock Bottom and then exit stage left.

Or "shockingly" not be able to make it due to some excuse but have a camera ready to do something via satellite.

Which would all still be more entertaining than most of the other stuff that will go on that night.

He should fight Reigns. It is by far the most interesting thing he could do.

That being said he will probably show up, throw verbal diarrhea in someone's general direction, maybe break his insurance clause with a quick Rock Bottom and then exit stage left.

Or "shockingly" not be able to make it due to some excuse but have a camera ready to do something via satellite.

Which would all still be more entertaining than most of the other stuff that will go on that night.

Reigns would be interesting. But that requires Reigns to turn heel, because in my opinion it won't work as good as it will be if Reigns is a heel. But given current circumstances and WWE's booking over the past years, if he's going to wrestle anybody, that's going to be to The Game. Which is not bad, but I would require a huge story to set it up, in order to get behind it, given the fact that HHH vs anyone is last on my dream match list.

Reigns would be interesting. But that requires Reigns to turn heel, because in my opinion it won't work as good as it will be if Reigns is a heel.

I don't know if this is true. The Rock pretty successfully walked the face/heel line in both builds with Cena. He is also unlikely to be able to make many appearances. I think what you would end up with would be the WM smarks giving Reigns more love than anyone could ever imagine as the subtext of the match is Reigns being the wrestler and The Rock just an actor who wrestles on occasion. You also have the family tie and Reigns trying to get out of The Rock's shadow.

Ultimately The Rock puts over Reigns big time and Roman Reigns is now a bigger star than before.

But given current circumstances and WWE's booking over the past years, if he's going to wrestle anybody, that's going to be to The Game. Which is not bad, but I would require a huge story to set it up, in order to get behind it, given the fact that HHH vs anyone is last on my dream match list.

You're right about HHH being The Rock's most likely opponent although I still don't think he wrestles. And while I'm not as down on HHH competing at Mania, HHH v Rock does nothing for me without a great story attached.

I'm under the impression that plans are going to have to change and that we're going to lose either Roman Reigns vs Triple H or Kevin Owens vs Brock Lesnar because of this. I mean really, with Rock and HHH getting physical last year and having a segment on that one SmackDown, does WWE want to use that as part of a storyline and reason for them to have a match at the show? And as far as what the original Lesnar plans were, does WWE still want to do another match between Rock and Lesnar, keeping in mind that this isn't the same Brock Lesnar that The Rock faced in 2002? Also keeping in mind that they were going to have a segment post WM 29 if not for The Rock's injury, then have the match at WrestleMania 30.

IMO it all depends on where the Reigns/ Triple H feud is heading. If Triple H returns and give Reigns the long beat down we all know is coming then we wl likely get Reigns/Triple H at Rumble with Reigns/Cena and Rock/Triple H taking place at Mania.

If Triple H doesn't return before RR then Rock will probably just host again and Reigns would likely defend against both Brock and Triple H in the same night at Mania and Cena would face Taker.

Question is at what capacity. If he is just appearing then he could just be at Reigns corner. Since Reigns lacks in mic skill it would be interesting what Rock could bring in that segment for his cousin. If he competes(big "if" because of that all "lack insurance" thing) then definitly Rock/HHH and Reigns either gets Cena or Lesnar.

If The Rock shows up i would only be interested in seeing him wrestle at this point.

I do not want to see him put over Reigns.

If he gets involved in the Reigns story line i wouldn't mind seeing him go at it with HHH or smash some one in the LON, maybe beat Sheamus, he wouldn't be hurt from the loss.

I don't think they would announce it this way if he was going to wrestle. I think it's pretty clear he's only going to be there for some type of segment.

That said I wish they would have kept this secret. Hearing 100,000+ mark out when Rock's music plays when they thought he wasn't going to be there would be huge.

Like many others are saying, what is he doing? Surely it's gotta be a match if he really believes that Mania 32 has any chance of beating the Mania record. We have had him come out last year and at 27 as a guest so what is the appeal in him coming to just talk to the crowd? Would that actually make any more people go see it. I just can't imagine someone saying "ah well the main event doesn't look good but as long as Rocky is talking somewhere on the show that's all that matters". Seriously you could just use that for a Raw and make that Raw better than what it has been this past year.

Then again I see the problem with having from Rocks side about him wrestling at Mania with his current Hollywood role and all that stuff. Even so it's cool Rock is going to be at WM 32 but please let it be for a match. What is the point in him saying " Finally the Rock has come back to Dallas, you guys are cool, stuff the authority, happy for Reigns and Usos."

Either have Rock face Brock Lesner 2 which I don t want to see recycled sequel matches or battle of cousins Rock vs ROman Reigns enough said and Rock beats him for the title if not then have a Triple threat with Brock Lesner vs Roman Reigns vs Rock Dwayne Johnson can work!

Most Likely I care to see one recycled sequel match Brock Lesner vs roman reigns 2 and Brock beats him crowd goes nuts @ WM32

So it has been announced by The Rock that he will be appearing at ‘Mania 32.
Now there has been concerns from people that with the way things have been shaping up the card could lack real starpower.
Well Jesus himself couldn’t bring more starpower than The Great One to ‘Mania.
Obviously if The Rock is turning up in a wrestling capacity people will complain it takes away a sport from people and prevents them from building up future stars.

So my questions are:

What capacity do you think The Rock will be turning up in at ‘Mania?

What capacity would you like The Rock to appear in at ‘Mania?

Off the top of my head I think It would be cool if he was in Romans corner in a Roman Vs Lesnar part2 and then he helps Roman beat Lesnar and boom there’s your SummerSlam/’Mania 33 Main event.

I think he'll be an unofficial host. He'll open up WM 32 by himself then maybe later in the show say Reigns faces Brock/HHH in the main event, Reigns wins and Rock comes out and celebrates with Reigns but Brock F5's/HHH pedigrees The Rock to take him out and get fans talking about a WM 33 main event of Rock vs. Brock II or HHH vs. Rock for the first time ever at WM.

Personally, I just want to see him and HHH have another segment, they're hilarious. I'm not a fan of seeing The Rock wrestle since he lost a step.

Honestly speaking, I have never liked so called The Great One ! Moreover, Noone will go to Wrestlemania 32 for his segment only but if he is competing in a match, people especially his fans will surely go there and that could boost the 100,000 mark they want to touch! He could fight in limited capacity with Triple H only if its not Roman Reigns VS Triple H.... I see no other man suitable for fighting Rock! :shrug:

Honestly speaking, I have never liked so called The Great One ! Moreover, Noone will go to Wrestlemania 32 for his segment only but if he is competing in a match, people especially his fans will surely go there and that could boost the 100,000 mark they want to touch! He could fight in limited capacity with Triple H only if its not Roman Reigns VS Triple H.... I see no other man suitable for fighting Rock! :shrug:

I'm going to allow you to say that Kapu on the basis I am assuming you haven't seen much of his earlier work. Seriously go watch him from 98 to 03 the guy was gold :worship:

I'm going to allow you to say that Kapu on the basis I am assuming you haven't seen much of his earlier work. Seriously go watch him from 98 to 03 the guy was gold :worship:

Exactly.... I didnot see much of him.... The things i saw about him were
1. VS Cena at 2 Wrestlemanias
2. VS Stone Cold when they were trading finishers a lot
3. At Wrestlemania 31 with Ronda Rousey
4. VS CM Punk at Royal Rumble
:shrug:

He won't wrestle. I'm almost 100% sure of that, but than again, who the hell am I?

Still, the fact that he's re-arranging his filming schedule to make an appearance at Wrestlemania is pretty damn cool of The Rock. For all the shit he gets about not caring about the fans, he always goes the extra mile to deliver for them. I say he won't wrestle because he'll still be filming and there is no chance that he gets the go-ahead from the studio to step into the ring, considering he was injured the last time he did. He'd also need a ton of time to get ring ready, time he obviously doesn't have right now.

It kind of sucks that people are expecting him to wrestle. Knowing this era of fans, once he doesn't, he'll likely get some backlash for it.

Exactly.... I didnot see much of him.... The things i saw about him were
1. VS Cena at 2 Wrestlemanias
2. VS Stone Cold when they were trading finishers a lot
3. At Wrestlemania 31 with Ronda Rousey
4. VS CM Punk at Royal Rumble
:shrug:

Broooooooo what the fuck man. That's not the real Rock. The real Rock has these ridiculous pointy sideburns and talks about Jabroni Drive and Smackdown! Hotel. Seriously check that shit out somehow man you''ll love it

Idea for The Rock at Wrestlemania: WWE should ride the comic film universies wave that DC and Marvel have established and should go for a Black Adam vs Drax The Destroyer match at The Grandest Stage of Them All. DC vs Marvel. Rock vs Batista. Book it!

PS: Also have the two playboy philanthropists, Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark, aka Batman and Ironman, aka Ben Affleck and Robert Downey Jr. accompany each man on the ring!

Now that's 105.000 seats in an instant.

Broooooooo what the fuck man. That's not the real Rock. The real Rock has these ridiculous pointy sideburns and talks about Jabroni Drive and Smackdown! Hotel. Seriously check that shit out somehow man you''ll love it

Ofcourse Why not?

I will surely check it out and tell you too but not before i complete watching all Nxt Takeovers and Lucha Underground! :rolleyes:

I hope he makes me his fan like you are!

I think he needs to stay away from Roman Reigns as I feel The Rock's presence with Reigns would take away from that moment.

That's most likely true and, in contrast, makes one realize how solid Cena's position is with the company; that he could share the stage with a returning legend/current movie star and not suffer in comparison. Reigns isn't nearly at that level and I agree it might do him PR harm to be completely overshadowed by Rock.

Just give him a segment like the rest of the non-competing legends.

Just that. Folks enjoyed his segment with Rhonda Rousey last year (and it's good they got that done in time, huh?) so they should be satisfied with Rock's usual schtick of greeting someone warmly and Rock Bottoming him at the end.

Rock vs Brock would be the match for me. Not likely to happen because 1. The Rock is unlikely to wrestle and 2. Even if he did wrestle, it wouldn't be against someone who tosses you around like Brock.

I doubt he would do it, but this would really be a great opportunity to put someone like KO or Wyatt over. It wouldn't be the biggest match they could do, but it would be a great rub for one of those guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back