The Cena/Undertaker situation

So.. what's gonna happen?

Surprise match at Wrestlemania?
Just a segment with Cena getting a nice chokeslam?
Nothing?
Another call-out?

I think they will have Cena be a "fan" during the show. Then he will storm in the ring and call out Undertaker again. From there it's either a surprise match, Undertaker showing up to chokeslam him or nothing.

There will be a match, it just wouldn’t make any sense for there not to be.

And I hope it’s Taker in the biker gimmick

The selfish person in me wants there to just be a confrontation to set up something for next year at Metlife (because I'll be there).

But I feel like there has to be a match, anything short of that would just be weird, especially given the build up.

Cena shouldn't go to the ring for another callout though, it makes him look like a hypocrite. For weeks he's been talking about how he absolutely has no problem going to WrestleMania as a fan... well okay, now you're there as a fan, stay a fan. I'd have them cut to Cena a few times during the event watching in the crowd (or wherever he's gonna be) and then towards the middle/end of the show they cut to him one more time and then... *GONG*...

Undertaker pulled his greatest mind game ever on Cena. He got the guy who "Never Gives Up" to give up. If that's just so they can set up a match next year I suspect the segment gets showered in boos.

If this doesn't end in a match at WrestleMania 34, then people are going to be severely disappointed. How could they not? WWE tends not to tease out so strongly a match of this calibre and then not have it happen. But this match is something else. It's huge. Maybe not as huge as it could have once been. If it doesn't happen at 34, and it's a set up for 35, or just a segment, it will be unbelievably anticlimactic.

Also, please don't be the American Bad Ass. Again, this is a match between wrestling icons. Undertaker, the Deadman, is an icon. The American Bad Ass, not so much.

I posted this in another thread, but everything in it still applies.

The disappointment in the crowd Monday night was palpable and I don't think it was in a good way. Even though WrestleMania always draws an enthusiastic and large crowd, how many people are going to lose their minds over a 16-year old song and a relatively short-lived gimmick?

Maybe I'm being negative, but this storyline has been a little too work-shoot for me since it began. As a loyal WWE/Taker fan, I hope it pays off the way WWE is betting it will.

My best guess is Cena comes over the barricade and runs his month in a last ditch effort to draw taker out. Gong, lights go out, and Undertaker's attire appears in the ring like the end of Mania last year. Cue Kid Rock, Undertaker. Taker beats Cena in the last match of the show and then cuts a promo about it being his last ride. Formulaic thank you Taker chants as show goes off the air.

Like Dagger, I am not a fan of Biker Taker. I really hope he does not beat Cena with the last ride just because of the gimmick. A final tombstone to end his career please.

Its less than 48 hours to go and still no confirmation of a match, Its not like its the Cedric Alexander vs Mustafa Ali match, Taker vs Cena will be missed, In a lot of peoples eyes its the biggest match of the whole show, To hype a match of this caliber for weeks/months for nothing or just some quick appearance chokeslam is going to be a huge disapointment to a lot of people. I do think we will see this match WWE knows what their doing it wouldn't make sense to promote it otherwise but I'm guessing we will all have to wait till Sunday night to know for sure now.

There's likely to be some sort of confrontation.
I for one hope they don't have a match. I've been done with Taker for a long time now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back