INDYJon22
Razor
GuyCompton
CH David
Cowboyfromhell
Dewey
ForThoseAboutToDoc
General Disarray

Well...I'm first on the list, so it must mean something, right? No.

Well then...vote for me anyways. I have cookies. Soft, fresh out of the oven cookies.

stroty.png

It should either go to Coco or GD for being funny in the Non-Spam Sections, and since Coco's not listed, I'm going with GD.

I will be withholding my vote until the final day. Well, maybe not; if someone's blowing away the competition, then I'll go with Guy, as I've said plenty of times beforehand.

Make a case for yourself, though, and I might change my mind.

I voted for Phoenix here, I haven't been on for the last couple of months but before I left Phoenix was such a good poster. He would always post very long yet quality posts that I could be bothered reading. When I see a long post I usually just skip most of it and jsut scramble through it, but with Phoenix's i always knew that I was going to get a good read out of it..

Well, to be honest... the real Rookie of the Year isn't up here, and that's NSL (since Tenta and Doc are up here).

However, going by joining dates from the 1st of Jan 2009... I am going to put my vote for Lord Sidious. He is the moderator of the main wrestling section of a wrestling site, who seems to contribute to discussions in a way the forum staff like. He has done a great job in revamping that area, actively posting threads and response too for the right reasons.

My vote is for that guy with the Darth Vader avatar.

I went with Tenta. He drives a lot of discussion with his "gimmick" threads, and his idea for the nWZo brought a few of us rookies out of our shell, so to speak. I'm included in that group of rooks.

Everyone has said it: 2009 entails an incredible crop of young rookies, and it's a huge understatement to say this is a very difficult decision. I'm abstaining for the time being, because like I said, this is an incredibly demanding decision to make.

Good question Tdigly.

I'm going to wait a little. I just want to see how the voting goes for the night, and then I'll vote myself or one of three other people who shall remain nameless.

This is a tough one. Comes down to Lariat, Razor, and Tenta...but I'm leaning towards Lariat. I wish I could split my vote and give some to Cowboyfromhell too, love that guy.

Make your case.

My vote went to ST, but almost went to CH. CH is a solid all-around poster, and very cool to talk to, but ST's wrestling posts alone got my vote.

Well, to be honest... the real Rookie of the Year isn't up here, and that's NSL (since Tenta and Doc are up here).

They signed up in December. I signed up in early November. I have no problems with being left off. Don't think I'd win anyway.

I'm thinking ST or D-Man as the two who've been consistently good over the past year.

That being said... can't actually bring any posts by either of them to mind (probably more to do with my memory), if either of you (or anyone else on the list for that matter) want to point out a post or two I'll make my mind up off of that.

This is actually really difficult. It's down to one of two people for me:Tenta and Lord Sidious. No offense to anyone else on the list, cause you're all pretty awesome and shit, but these two guys are just right at the top of my favourite posters list. Keep in mind I rarely venture out of the Bar Room, but when I do it's normally to check on the posts of Tenta and Sidious. But it doesn't stop there. The best poster has to contribute everywhere, and these guys, despite being the top of the wrestling posters ranking, both perform strongly in the Bar Room, whether they are criticizing everyone and creating massive heat, or being hilarious and awesome. Both these guys deserve it.

With that said... I'm going to go with Sidious. I believe I've said in the past I'd vote for Tenta, and I almost did, but when I think about it Sidious has just brought so much to the forums the last little while. I remember when he first started out, and was absolutely hated. Within a few months he became one of the top posters on the site. He puts so much effort into everything, and is so passionate about what he has to say. He isn't involved in Bar Room politics, or "controversy". He's just an amazing poster who earned his WWE Mod Spot by giving great opinions and debating like he owns the forum.

Anyway. That's my choice. I urge you to vote either Tenta or Sidious. They both deserve it.

EDIT:Fuck... after reading the choices again, I just have to add to this. D-Man, Sidious, Razor, Lariat, GD,.. Goddammit, everyone on that list is awesome (almost...). I just want to say you guys are pretty damn great. I don't really seem to pay attention to things like this, but you guys are all really good posters, and keep it up and all. You all rock hardcore. I can tell from your posts, and from seeing quite a few posters in my time (that was for Doc).

I know these aren’t some of the best posts ever on these forums, but in the JTMFTG, I thought I had some pretty good posts and some of them happen to be my personal favorites of mine.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=54996

I also think I’ve had some pretty good posts in the John Cena thread.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=28139

I would look for more of my posts but the posts in those two threads are the ones that immediately come to mind. I might look for some more tomorrow. I’d also liked to add that I do have some pretty good posts in threads I’ve made in forums such as the Cigar Lounger for example. Yes, they aren’t X or FTS type posts, but good nonetheless.

I think I’m a pretty good choice for ROTY, but you can’t go wrong by choosing D-Man or anyone else because we are all deserving of being nominated for this award.

I voted for the D-Man because I saw his performance in the Debater's League and for that reason I gave him the nod over the others

I am finding this pretty hard too in fairness. There are a wide number of the names posted above who I like and respect but none of them really stand out far from eachother. I guess its a credit to those named here how hard they have attempted to improve their writing ability.

In my mind anyway it comes down to The Lord Voldemort, the Tentasaurus, Davey Jones, Larry-in-Attica, Raizing hell, and Getting Down and jiggy. 1 out of 6 shouldn't be so hard?

I'm leaning heavily towards Tenta, but with that said, there's also ST, Dave, LT, Sidious, and D-man. Right now, it's between Tenta and D-man, for me.

I think my body of work speaks for itself. I've brought some serious discussion to the Old School section, regularly post in the WWE sections and even chime in on the TNA section. I'm someone who worked hard to provoke good conversation in the forum. Tenta, D-Man, ST, Razor. All are deserving. But you know that a vote for The Lariat is a vote for Old School and Old School is cool!

Just read my sigs. Guys like NorCal, Xfear, KB, Shocky, and many other respected people on the forums know my body of work and know I'm capable of being a great contributor in the future. All you have to do is look at the Old School section the past few months. It's changed drastically from where it was before I was actively posting in a certain section. Plus, I'm respected by my peers. This is a great rookie class, but I feel that I'm in the elite of this class. So Vote Lariat. You'll feel good about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back