"The Brock Angle Award" for Rookie of the Year (READ THE FIRST POST)

Discussion in '2009 WZF Posters EOYA' started by Cena's Little Helper, Dec 16, 2009.

?

Who Wins Rookie of the Year?

1. SavageTaker

2. The D-Man

3. Lord Sidious

4. Tenta

5. Phoenix

6. Dave

7. Lariat

8. INDYJon22

9. Razor

10. GuyCompton

11. CH David

12. Cowboyfromhell

13. Dewey

14. ForThoseAboutToDoc

15. GD

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cena's Little Helper

Cena's Little Helper Mid-Card Championship Winner

Nominees:

SavageTaker
    The D-Man
    Lord Sidious
    Tenta
    Phoenix
    Dave
    Lariat
    INDYJon22
    Razor
    GuyCompton
    CH David
    Cowboyfromhell
    Dewey
    ForThoseAboutToDoc
    General Disarray

2. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

I dunno if I should go Phoenix again or not

3. It's...Baylariat!

It's...Baylariat! Team Finnley Baylor

Vote Lariat. Over 1000 posts, very articulate, a posting phenom and is passionate. May the best rookie win.

4. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

I've narrowed it down to Phoenix and GuyCompton

5. Tenta

Tenta The Shark Should've Worked in WCW

Vote Tenta. His stuff's up there with anyone else's stuff on these forums. You really can't go wrong no matter which you go. But if you wanna go for the absolute, and be in the right, the vote is simple.

6. Tenta

By the way, someone place the odds that this thread will still have more posts in it than any other EOY Thread

7. Ambiguous Turd

Ambiguous Turd Mid-Card Championship Winner

For me, this is really between:

SavageTaker
    Tenta
    D-Man

ST is a fantastic poster who frequently offers astute opinions in a consistent and educated fashion. I personally agree with a lot of the things he has to say.

D-Man, I find to be a fantastic poster. It's just a shame I think almost everything that comes out of his mouth about wrestling is so blatantly wrong. He's very determined in debates and that is why I tip my head to him. We had a bitter series of posts back and forth some time ago, but I'm really surprised he hasn't engaged me since then.

Again, this is very difficult, but I am going to cast my vote for Tenta. The man is very intelligent and has a fantastic grasp of the wrestling business. His posts are are consistently high quality, with clear, concise, articulate, sound positions and justifications taken. He covers a wide range of topics, not just limited to current WWE topics, as well.

I feel he is unbiased and objective when making his cases for all things wrestling. He is not a blind WWE or TNA mark, who views things through the rose-colored glasses, or drinks the Kool-Aid.

I respect the time he puts forth in General Wrestling, as well as Wrestling Old School ... which are actually 2 areas where I would love to see a Mod assigned to in the near future.

The man has a fantastic personality (as does Savage Taker, too, btw) and I know has mentored several posters on here, which I greatly respect.

Tenta is not only active in wrestling sections, but spends his time across all the sections (also, to D-Man's credit, too).

Posters who ONLY start Threads, as opposed to posting in existing ones, are posters I find to be generally obnoxious, especially when they don't return to the threads they create .... as I feel these posters generally look simply for attention by having their name attached to a thread title.

Tenta, however, does a fine job balancing his time with regular posting, creating threads, and going back into the threads he creates to keep the discussion going.

My vote for Rookie of the 2009 Year is cast for Tenta.

Tenta likes this.
  8. CH David

CH David A Jock That Loves Pepsi

I voted myself and I explained it best in the other thread, and don't feel like going back to put it in here. Short version, I post all over the place, put a shit ton of effort into my threads (see my Stadium threads) and posts, and feel I should at least be mentioned with the top guys.

Tenta likes this.
  9. The Dewbliners

The Dewbliners WZ's Whedonite. Now 20% Cooler

C'mon, people! Dew the right thing, vote for the rookie who loves everybody! Like what I did there? That's the kind of phonetic fun you can expect!!

Tenta likes this.
  10. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA

I'm voting for myself here. I'm not going to tell newbs to vote for me in an attempt to raise my vote count, like others have, which ruined the first poll. But I've been here for two months, I feel I've contributed a lot to these forums. Just being nominated after being here for such a short period of time shows that I have a lot to offer. I've also fit in famously here as well, becoming on good terms with some of the more respected members here in a relatively quick amount of time. I plan on contributing a lot more. I feel that I'm a strong poster, who has really helped out the MMA section since arriving, and I've also contributed just about everywhere on the forums.

Will I tell newbs to vote for me to attempt to boost my vote count? No.

Will I put down my competitors for this award? No. All of them are good guys.

But if you want to vote for someone who will truly appreciate your vote, Vote Compton.

Kanye South likes this.
  11. INDYjon22

INDYjon22 Nome is where your heart is

I feel like I am a very well rounded poster, who may not show it all the time. Just like GuyCompton, I feel like I have really helped to build the mma section of the forums up the last couple of months and am very proud of it.

12. Phoenix

Phoenix WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion

Sticking to the guns

13. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

You mean me? ;)

Vote: Tenta for reasons I've stated everywhere else.

14. SavageTaker

SavageTaker Everybody Has A Price!

Before explaining why I voted for myself, I'd like to apologize for what happened in the other thread. I wasn't trying to cause controversy or drama, I guess I just wanted to win so I ended up getting carried away. So I want to apologize to all of the other rookies and wish them the best of luck and I want to apologize to everyone else who feels they deserve an apology. I promise that this time around, every vote I get will be legit. 100% legit.

Now that I said that, I voted for myself. I think I've been a pretty good poster ever since I've improved and I've contributed a lot to these forums so far. And I want to win this damn thing.

15. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

I think ST is pretty good because he's nice and is a good poster. He's nice to people and agrees with them all of the time so he's a nice guy, which is cool. He also is a very good posters who posts good posts in a lot of threads and even made some pretty good ones. So, ST is good and you should vote for him, but vote for someone else if you think they're better. That's ok too, even though ST is good and you should vote for him.

16. Tenta

ST, you never had to apologize to me, nor anyone else. You're all good by my books, and I know you. you're good people. Yes, I did that rip that off from Tdigle, but it's a great way to put it. Don't worry, man. And besides that, you deserve the voted you get.

Now then, as for me?

I'm not going to petition too much. That'd just be dickish of me. And the award ain't that much worth it. I'm simply going to point to what, in my eyes, is the best post I've ever made. I urge you, consider it to the best of the rookies, and see if which you like it better. You can't go wrong, but pick someone you know is the best.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=84967

17. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

Dman if he wins DL

18. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

GD just made the greatest post ever.

19. SavageTaker

SavageTaker Everybody Has A Price!

I wonder if some people have actually read any of my posts in the wrestling and CL sections.

20. Tenta

It's a very good post. Not at the level of "Exile me from the IWC". But definitely a post that's going to warrant much debate. I'll be first to go.

21. It's...Baylariat!

It's...Baylariat! Team Finnley Baylor

All people need to do is go the WWE and Old School section. Also the Sitcom Tourney. I'm well rounded and deadly with the keyboard.

22. Coco

Coco Mid-Card Championship Winner

Still voting for GD. Stop asking me questions I've already answered.

23. Tenta

Fixed.

24. 48.7 is Approximately 49 Times Better Than You

I voted Lariat. Don't ask me questions why.

25. Jane

Jane ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

ONE MORE TIME

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.