The Book This! Party.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSG

Too Sweet To Be Sour
Welcome to the headquarters of the Book This! party. First off, some info behind the Book This! section. It is a section that is for fantasy booking. It can be anything you want. You can rewrite history, book a single wrestler's career, book certain scenarios, shows, or storylines alone, or book your own entire company, whether it be a fantasy company or one in real life. And if you aren't a fantasy booker, you can still read, review and enjoy the shows, and chat with the bookers in the out of character Lounge sub-forum, which is spam friendly. Anybody, and I mean anybody, is completely welcome to the section.

Now, onto the party. I'm keeping this thing open, and it's a pretty simple concept. I will allow any casual readers, reviewers, or followers of the section who don't post shows to join, if it helps them find a party. Any former members of the section who don't post anymore are also welcome to join. If push comes to shove and we need members, I may broker a deal with non-Book This affiliated posters or merge with another party. But, at this point, the WrestleZone Interactive sections, mainly Book This!, are the main focus. And if you are looking for a party and are interested in this one, but haven't viewed the Book This! section, check it out now. You may find a new interest in reading shows you may enjoy more than real life action, and you may find motivation to fantasy book yourself, and entertain fans on the forum. It only takes a few minutes to visit and skim around, and you never know what you may find. The link to the section is below.

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23

So, if your slightly interested, post here. Anybody at this point is welcome to show their interest and inquire, so if you're looking for a party and are not sure yet, stop by and chat with me for a bit. You don't have to sign up yet, or even visit the sections before making a bid here. Just show some interest, and we'll see what happens. :)

Sincerely, The Sign Guy.

Most of the fantasy booking happens outside Book This.

In the words of Cris Carter

[youtube]N1NwW3GCn7k[/youtube]

The difference?

Fantasy booking in Book This! is quality and entertaining. And before you laugh at me and dismiss this as humor, I beg you - and everyone else - just to visit the section for a short time and look around. From Theo Mays, to greasy_chip_butty, to #1Peep, to Da Prophet, quality people are abound with entertaining reads. Even if you don't decide to join, you may find a new casual interest within the forums.

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3541774 said:
It's not like it was overtly long or anything. 3 short paragraphs.
Three dry, plodding paragraphs of a psych thesis aren't the same as three paragraphs of an edge-of-your-seat Elmore Leonard thriller.

Welcome to Logic Town. Hope you're prepared to take it from every side, dunce.

Reactions: Lee
Three dry, plodding paragraphs of a psych thesis aren't the same as three paragraphs of an edge-of-your Elmore Leonard thriller.

Welcome to Logic Town. Hope you're prepared to take it from every side, dunce.

I'm not writing a novel, nor am I writing a thesis on why the brain works in the way it does.

Your logic is understandable. That doesn't mean it's also right.

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3541786 said:
The difference?

Fantasy booking in Book This! is quality and entertaining. And before you laugh at me and dismiss this as humor, I beg you - and everyone else - just to visit the section for a short time and look around. From Theo Mays, to greasy_chip_butty, to #1Peep, to Da Prophet, quality people are abound with entertaining reads. Even if you don't decide to join, you may find a new casual interest within the forums.
Book This (and WZCW) is like sitting down and reading a play. What you provide is a blueprint. No matter how good the ideas are, you lack the electricity of the live event. You're like a power line without anything running through it.

The electricity is in the David French Party.

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3541810 said:
I'm not writing a novel, nor am I writing a thesis on why the brain works in the way it does.

Your logic is understandable. That doesn't mean it's also right.
God you're thick.

Book This (and WZCW) is like sitting down and reading a play. What you provide is a blueprint. No matter how good the ideas are, you lack the electricity of the live event. You're like a power line without anything running through it.

The electricity is in the David French Party.

I don't understand how the two are any different. In any feasible way. Actually I take back. They are different in one way; in WZCW you create a character and roleplay. In Book This, you do the same with any different number of scenarios, allowing you more control of different variables. Sounds like it just depends on your cup of tea. I prefer the Book This, but either works. But there is nothing wholly superior in the style or format of WZCW than Book This!

God you're thick.

I'm stubborn. Tell me something I don't know.

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3541840 said:
I don't understand how the two are any different. In any feasible way. Actually I take back. They are different in one way; in WZCW you create a character and roleplay. In Book This, you do the same with any different number of scenarios, allowing you more control of different variables. Sounds like it just depends on your cup of tea. I prefer the Book This, but either works. But there is nothing wholly superior in the style or format of WZCW than Book This!
And you missed the point again.

You're more than welcome to join The David French Party. The opportunity to squash you in the primaries is making me salivate. Act now, as I know we won't be seeing you in the general election.

And you missed the point again.

You're more than welcome to join The David French Party. The opportunity to squash you in the primaries is making me salivate. Act now, as I know we won't be seeing you in the general election.

It's not so much as me missing the point as wanting to debate it. I'm stubborn. I thought we discussed this.

I want to try my hand at this first, but if it does flop, how long is the offer on the table? Despite our issues in the past, I think you're a fine poster and would love to go against you in primaries.

Little "Sign Guy" Jimmy;3541890 said:
It's not so much as me missing the point as wanting to debate it. I'm stubborn. I thought we discussed this.
Trust me. You missed it.

I want to try my hand at this first, but if it does flop, how long is the offer on the table?
As long as spinach quiche is delicious.

You've never tried spinach quiche?

Aren't the miniatures used as appetizers at like every middle-class family holiday party ever held?

You've never tried spinach quiche?

Aren't the miniatures used as appetizers at like every middle-class family holiday party ever held?

I'm not really fond of spinach, and also don't attend many middle-class holiday parties. So I'm lost at what to tell you. I'm assuming it is good.

Plenty of people know about BT, the problem is 90% of people who have any semblance of written talent prefer WZCW

Not to say everyone in WZCW can write.

Plenty of people know about BT, the problem is 90% of people who have any semblance of written talent prefer WZCW

Not to say everyone in WZCW can write.

This is also true. Which is what made me want to do this. To help get more attention to the Book This section. Maybe if we can get a staff member (which the section could use) and show up in a thing like this, it'd get more respect instead of being WZCW's red-headed step-child.

When I first started here on the forums, I used to be an avid contributer to the Book This! section. It's hard work; and unlike the EFED, where you just have to worry about your one character, you have a whole slew of wrestlers on a roster to keep track of.

IMO the Book This section represents phantasy booking at its core. As the writer, you control the booking, the storylines, the flow of each match, and you have to not only capture the mannerisms of each person on the roster, but you have to get inside their heads and practically become them in order for the writing to sound authentic.

The main problem with Book This! is that your writing skills have to be top notch, so if your writing is shit, no one will take your shows seriously. It takes a lot of patience, time, and energy to create a decent show, and the mods of the section not only have to be well versed in wrestling history but also writing as well.

You're forgetting stuff, Sign Guy. If you wanna rally support for the section, you might want to do more than plead for people to read. Not everyone joys from reading and/or writing. You should also keep in mind that the idea of the section is Fantasy Booking. Not just writing full shows. But putting out suggestions like how you want a roster to look, or how you want an storyline to play out. You're closing many doors in the OP. You can't just say you want support. You need to give out as much reason as to why we should support.

You're forgetting stuff, Sign Guy. If you wanna rally support for the section, you might want to do more than plead for people to read. Not everyone joys from reading and/or writing. You should also keep in mind that the idea of the section is Fantasy Booking. Not just writing full shows. But putting out suggestions like how you want a roster to look, or how you want an storyline to play out. You're closing many doors in the OP. You can't just say you want support. You need to give out as much reason as to why we should support.

Writing makes up the core of Book This! though, as there aren't many other ways to create phantasy shows. However, since the popularity of Youtube increased, I have found incidents where people have typed all of their backstage segments and promo's, then simulated all of the matches on a wrestling game. To my knowledge, a show like that has never been done on WZ.

Once you get three members, you need to PM me letting me know all the members currently in party. You can add more later if necessary.

I am taking this party to merge with the DFP (David French Party). I feel it benefits all in the situation. If you anyone has interest in the information I have provided here, PM me and join the DFP. Once there, we can converse through PM on what our goals as a sub-set of the DFP will be, before talking as a whole with the DFP on other campaigning issues. (Sly or KB, could you close this thread, please?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back