The Big Blue Cage!

patriotjay

Pre-Show Stalwart
Guess I'm just feeling nostalgic lately first I'm missing my Saturday morning wrestling now I'm missing the big blue cage.But seriously why not switch back to the old cage?I know they implimented the chain linked WCW style cage awhile back but I remember reading somewhere that Triple H had alot to do with the cage switch and I understand why,Yeah chain linked is more flexible for bumps but the way I see it in a bloodless WWE there aint gonna be to much cage play anyway.So I say with WWE feeling kid friendly with theyre old school logo and Cenation being Hulkamania and it being the 80s again lets bring back the big blue cage.I remember as a kid marveling at the site of it with Hogan and Bundy at WM2,Warrior vs Rude SS 90',Bret vs Owen SS 94' alot of epic showdowns in WWE history have gone down in that cage and I think its time WWE brings it back.Plus I see no reason for the current cage if its not gonna be used the way it was meant...To bust people open.That's why we watch cage matches right?So what's the use in the chain linked cage if guys arent bleeding or taking bumps like they used too. Atleast the Blue Cage will make for better visuals.

Guess I'm just feeling nostalgic lately first I'm missing my Saturday morning wrestling now I'm missing the big blue cage.

Why? it limited the wrestlers and it hurt like hell.

But seriously why not switch back to the old cage?

because solid steel bars hurt like hell, and having chain link both means that wrestlers can do more spots and reduce the risk of injuries.

I know they implimented the chain linked WCW style cage awhile back but I remember reading somewhere that Triple H had alot to do with the cage switch and I understand why,Yeah chain linked is more flexible for bumps but the way I see it in a bloodless WWE there aint gonna be to much cage play anyway.

So you think that they should totally eliminate the use of the cage, which they'd pretty much have to do to avoid wrestlers jucing the hard way.

So I say with WWE feeling kid friendly with theyre old school logo and Cenation being Hulkamania and it being the 80s again lets bring back the big blue cage.

or we could be sensible and not do that. and just so you know, the original WWF steel cage was also chain link, before they brought in the big blue bars for Hogan and Bundy.

I remember as a kid marveling at the site of it with Hogan and Bundy at WM2,Warrior vs Rude SS 90',Bret vs Owen SS 94' alot of epic showdowns in WWE history have gone down in that cage and I think its time WWE brings it back.Plus I see no reason for the current cage if its not gonna be used the way it was meant...To bust people open.

I thought it was meant to allow for wrestlers to be thrown into the cage without breaking something. Namely their bones. Cheaper too

Leave the blue bars where they belong. In the past, because the buisness has moved on from the 80s, and the matches that would use the bars would not live up to your expectations from the matches you remember.

You make alot of good points but if you've watched a recent cage match with the chain linked cage there wasnt to much contact anyway and I'd bet that if they had a main event of a ppv say ummmm Cena vs Barret and they were to hold it in the old school cage there would be more interest just cause it looks better and in pro wrestling your selling an image.I totally agree with you from the safety stand point but theyve toned down the violence alot.They had McMahon vs Austin in the big blue cage (it was black) at WWE Valentine's day massacre back in 99' and the match was really entertaining and I actually remember it..it was an event..Now days cage matches are on Raw and SmackDown and definetley lost theyre luster.

I dont think the blue cage fits the time were in now. It was all well and good in the 80's and early 90's but had out run its relevance. Although cage matches are not as frequent as they used to be during every match there is a spot were someone is either irish whipped into or stuck in between the cage. For these moments it is just safer and in there best interests to use a chain link fence instead of solid steel.

I do wish they would which to a black chain link cage though instead of the silver cage. I remember wcw using the black chain link and it made it a lot easier to see through the cage and pay attention to the match.

The old blue cage...ahhh the memories that brings back.

The only pluses for Big Blue were: Easier to climb (I couldn't climb chain link if my life depended on it) and it's easier to see through for the viewing audience (in MY opinion)

Chain link is flexible and eliminates alot of injury risk. And after a few minutes, it too seems to disappear for the cameras. So yeah, the Big Blue cage is a relic from times gone by and should stay that way. But I always wondered how some of the bigger guys were able to climb out of it with the smaller links and no real footholds to speak of.

I like things the way they are... God everyone always has something to complain about and their reasoning or excuse is to go back to the way something was...

Just let things be man... I'm sure that won't be the cage forever and it will one day change to another style... And then people will want it to change back to the cage it is now...

Everything evolves and changes... I think they should keep the cage they have now, DEAL WITH IT!!!

I like things the way they are... God everyone always has something to complain about and their reasoning or excuse is to go back to the way something was...

Just let things be man... I'm sure that won't be the cage forever and it will one day change to another style... And then people will want it to change back to the cage it is now...

Everything evolves and changes... I think they should keep the cage they have now, DEAL WITH IT!!!
DEAL WITH IT huh wow its not that serious and I don't hate the current cage just miss the old one and would like to see it again and I think the time to bring it back would be now because the product seems to fit the criteria.

It's old, why would you want it back, sure it brings back some good memories, but its the past and you should leave it there...

Also like a few have mentioned it does have a lot of disadvantages compared to the new cage..

Just because we live in a PG era now doesn't mean the prodiuct is sold as less violent. Things are still seen as brutal and punishing even if the matches that are hyped up in this way aren't quite as brutal and punishing as they would have been 10 years ago. The chain link, despite it actually being less punishing than the steel bars, looks a lot more brutal. The thought of having your skin scrape along mesh just doesn't appeal to me one bit and it'd be much more likely to cut. For kids, this looks cooler than it actually is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back