• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Ballad of Lacey

X

RIP Sgt. Michael Paranzino / RIP CM
I know it's clearly meant as satire, but damnit, that shit is catchy and won't get out of my fucking head.

Been cycling through all the 2006 ROH shows lately so I'm getting around to the whole Jimmy/Lacey angle again and I forgot how hilarious/sweet/crazy the whole thing was. I so wish Jimmy still used that shit as his theme and we could all rock out with lighters out and shit.

The lyrics to that song are just hilarious.

Great song.

And the entire angle was genius when you think about it. It was the perfect mid-card storyline during the CZW/ROH battle (though most ROH snobs on the internet bitched non-stop about it), and it ultimately ended up making the transition to the Age of the Fall angle, which could have never happened without the Jacobs/Lacey saga. It's so brilliant when you put it all together.

And fuck... Lacey was so damn hot back then as well. And she played the stuck-up cunt to absolute perfection. I miss the tandem of her and Jacobs. They were easily the best wrestler/valet team since Shane Douglas and Francine.

Fuck yeah JMT man you know what I'm talking about here man. Lacey was/is damn fine, and Jacobs was always awesome, but once he got into that angle it was like the angle he was born for or some shit, I wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy had alot to do with the creative thought process on that angle with Gabe and shit. Didn't he actually date Lacey IRL at some point? Maybe I'm mistaken.

Anyone who shits on the indies for not being story driven, man, you can't make that criticism about ROH. They had so many epic stories being told interwoven between each other from the beginning. This foreshadowed the Age of the Fall angle perfectly and it's the kind of character development you rarely see in film let alone fucking wrestling. Maybe I'm just a bit tipsy and gushing about my love for Gabe's imagination, but that bastard was such a genius when he had the reigns of ROH. I'm so fucking disappointed we haven't gotten to see any new epic angle idea from Gabe yet in DGUSA/EVOLVE, it's more likes business as usual in those feds. I wish that bastard would start writing more angles and shit, because I think I've come to the conclusion recently that he may just be my personal favorite booker/writer in the history of pro wrasslin'. He just....gets it..

/End of giant wankfest over our ROHBOT minion overlord GABE-O-TRON-12000!

Didn't he actually date Lacey IRL at some point? Maybe I'm mistaken.

They were/are very close friends, to the point where I'm pretty sure they lived together in Philly with Rain at one point. However, Lacey was with Austin Aries that entire time.

Anyone who shits on the indies for not being story driven, man, you can't make that criticism about ROH. They had so many epic stories being told interwoven between each other from the beginning. This foreshadowed the Age of the Fall angle perfectly and it's the kind of character development you rarely see in film let alone fucking wrestling. Maybe I'm just a bit tipsy and gushing about my love for Gabe's imagination, but that bastard was such a genius when he had the reigns of ROH. I'm so fucking disappointed we haven't gotten to see any new epic angle idea from Gabe yet in DGUSA/EVOLVE, it's more likes business as usual in those feds. I wish that bastard would start writing more angles and shit, because I think I've come to the conclusion recently that he may just be my personal favorite booker/writer in the history of pro wrasslin'. He just....gets it..

Yeah, I would love to see what Gabe could do with a weekly show. Not that it was easy booking ROH, but you could have patience with ROH's schedule, which was most definitely a convenience for Gabe. I'd be really curious to see how he would do with the pressures of writing a weekly television show. Maybe it'd be the best storytelling we've seen it years, or maybe it'd be horrible, but at least it wouldn't be the same typical cookie cutter shit we've come accustomed to with mainstream professional wrestling these last few years.

Some crazy shit went down with Jimmy Jacobs during that period.

I have a DVD with the bloody steel cage match between Jacobs and Whitmer. The railroad spike duel is brutal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back