The ABC Party

I don't know if there is a rule about that or not. No mod is listed for more than one main section, but just because none of them mod more than one does not automatically mean it's against the rules to do so...maybe one of the actual mods can answer that. I get why the WWE section needs 3 mods, there is constant activity...but the non-wrestling/non-spam forums sometimes can go hours, sometimes even a day without a single new post...I don't think we need a unique mod for each, I doubt there will be enough "work" to need more than one covering all three of the forums without a mod already assigned. If its not against the rules to do so, and you are willing to cover multiple forums simultaneously, that helps.

I agree. I think whomever is chosen should moderate just one section, so they can devote their time to making that section a better place. Further, it eliminates someone modding a section they don't have knowledge in/are a regular poster in.

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3552604 said:
I thought you stopped using that when people were relentlessly making fun of you about it.

I'm confused. What made you become a relentless dissenter to everyone and everything that tries to form a semblance of an idea? I remember when you were actually a contributor to the forums, and someone I considered a friend on here. But the only time you pop up is when you decide to bring dissension amongst an idea or a thread, so why do you even bother logging in when you have nothing but criticism with no ideas to make things better? You've become everything you were once against and scolded other people about, including myself when I criticized someone else for such petty things. When did you become such a hypocrite?

I'm confused. What made you become a relentless dissenter to everyone and everything that tries to form a semblance of an idea? I remember when you were actually a contributor to the forums, and someone I considered a friend on here. But the only time you pop up is when you decide to bring dissension amongst an idea or a thread, so why do you even bother logging in when you have nothing but criticism with no ideas to make things better? You've become everything you were once against and scolded other people about, including myself when I criticized someone else for such petty things. When did you become such a hypocrite?

When have I done that to anyone but Dagger?

With Ba-Bomb's announcement that we have been absorbed by the ABC party, I officially announce my allegiance to the ABC party.

As in ceasing your connections with the PPM or as in being happy to merge and the decision has your full concent? It does look like The PPM is all but done now and we are all the ABC Party but I am hoping oneday the PPM and it's members can go alone???

save.us.ppm

When haven't you done it, my friend?

If you're just going to take the HHHBK route, I have no problem taking Moon Knight's advice here as well.

middle_finger.jpg

As in ceasing your connections with the PPM or as in being happy to merge and the decision has your full concent? It does look like The PPM is all but done now and we are all the ABC Party but I am hoping oneday the PPM and it's members can go alone???

save.us.ppm

Well since Ba-Bomb claims we will functions as party within a party I will not cease connections with B-B (my new nickname for Ba-Bomb), you, or the rest of the PPM. The boldface text is my answer basically. I just felt I needed to properly bring myself into the ABC party without cutting all ties with the PPM:).

I feel the same way you do. I don't see how this Party within a Party thing works but I am a PPM member in the ABC Party in my eyes. B-B? Ha, I may have to use that seeing as I have been calling him Da-Bomb, I have a poor memory due to things that would only cause a party scandal so I will keep them under wraps, in a box, under the bed...or something like that.

Well the Peoples Party ethos is already working for me just by joining seeing as now I view you as a friend on the board and that alone gives the un-noticed more worth..strength in numbers and all that. I am curious to know what the outcome would have been if a vote was put in place...the ABC Party is a good party as far as ideals go so I am sure most if not all original PPM members would feel B-B (heh) made the right choice.

There's an idea. I'm all for the idea of doing 2 or even 3 sections. The non-wreslting non-spam sections have 3 unmodded sections right now. It's up to the admins if whoever wins gets more than one section, although modding both Games and Movies would be a great opportunity to help out the sections that need it the most. I did promise I'd help out wherever needed, so if the opportunity came to do all 3 including Sports I would certainly do that despite not being a regular of the Sports section. Just as if I'd be needed more as a 4th WWE mod or a 2nd TNA mod, I'd do that. It's up to the admins to decide what the forum needs the most.

Dagger you have been one of my favorite and most respected non spam posters since I first got here and if anyone is a dedicated poster who works hard to improve the forums in general it's you. I've got your back brother, but you already knew that. ;)

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3552874 said:
If you're just going to take the HHHBK route, I have no problem taking Moon Knight's advice here as well.

middle_finger.jpg

You did a fantastic job of proving my point here. All I did is make an observation, and you flick me off. You're here to do nothing but be a dissenter, which is worthless to this discussion. Like I said, I used to consider you someone I could converse with and even take constructive criticism from if I said something out of character, but you've become a dissenter and an ass just for the sake of being one, as you proved here. You've spammed up KB's site trying to cause dissension as well, so there's an example. I have no problem with you, I even referred to you as "friend", and you flicked me off. How is that not indicative in a total change in attitude to a dissenter who looks for the lowest common denominator in things so he can pounce? You do it with Dagger, you do it with KB on his site, and you're doing it now. I dont need to say more, you've made my point for me, friend. Flick me off and call me all the names you will. Enjoy being ignored by yet another person on this site because you've decided to be an ass just for the sake. ;)

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3552874 said:

middle_finger.jpg

You did a fantastic job of proving my point here. All I did is make an observation, and you flick me off. You're here to do nothing but be a dissenter, which is worthless to this discussion. Like I said, I used to consider you someone I could converse with and even take constructive criticism from if I said something out of character, but you've become a dissenter and an ass just for the sake of being one, as you proved here. You've spammed up KB's site trying to cause dissension as well, so there's an example. I have no problem with you, I even referred to you as "friend", and you flicked me off. How is that not indicative in a total change in attitude to a dissenter who looks for the lowest common denominator in things so he can pounce? You do it with Dagger, you do it with KB on his site, and you're doing it now. I dont need to say more, you've made my point for me, friend. Flick me off and call me all the names you will. Enjoy being ignored by yet another person on this site because you've decided to be an ass just for the sake. ;)

Okay, we need to clear a few things up:

1. That wasn't me on KB's site. I don't know who it was, or why they used my name, but it was confirmed by both Doc and KB that it simply wasn't me. I don't even visit KB's site. Gather up the facts, because you look like an asshole.

2. I gave Dagger constructive criticism. He just didn't like the way I critiqued his game. If you want to make a proper judgment as to who was more rational in that little argument, go back and see who was crying about having his life ruined. I'm not the one who brings it up bi-weekly. He is. I just humor him.

Basically, just take a number, and line up behind the other gentlemen who have taken it upon themselves to call me out over nothing in the past few days.

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3553048 said:
Okay, we need to clear a few things up:

1. That wasn't me on KB's site. I don't know who it was, or why they used my name, but it was confirmed by both Doc and KB that it simply wasn't me. I don't even visit KB's site. Gather up the facts, because you look like an asshole.

I don't look like anything, except to you. You can call me an a-hole all you want, but if i was wrong, I apologize. Im not going to launch some investigation just to find out if what was said was really from you. I see a name on there, and wonder of wonders, I believe it was their post. Why should I believe otherwise, or care to go on a fact-finding mission? You look like a jackass for assuming I should know. If it wasn't you, I do apologize.

2. I gave Dagger constructive criticism. He just didn't like the way I critiqued his game. If you want to make a proper judgment as to who was more rational in that little argument, go back and see who was crying about having his life ruined. I'm not the one who brings it up bi-weekly. He is. I just humor him.

Telling someone their game and their posts suck repeatedly over a long period of time is hardly constructive criticism. I read through the posts, as I always do on this site. If that's your idea of constructive criticism, Id hate to see what youre like when youre purposefully being an ass.

Basically, just take a number, and line up behind the other gentlemen who have taken it upon themselves to call me out over nothing in the past few days.

I didn't comment over nothing, I made a comment about a post you made in this thread. You make it seem as if i just magicallly made something up to criticize you for. Im not criticizing you, or standing up for Dagger, per se. I said what I meant. I also said I considered you a friend whose opinion I respected once. I guess you missed that part.

In the end, it seems you're the one who struggles with constructive criticism. All I said is you should try something other then badgering Dagger and being a dissenter towards everyone you encounter. You want Dagger to take yyour advice so desperately, or you wouldnt jump on him about everything he does and says. How about taking my advice, Mozz? Or do you really believe youre a target for people for no reason other then people just picked you one day to "call you out?" I'll gladly finish this over PM if you want to not air this further, or make it seem like Im calling you out. Im not. Stop being paranoid.

I think I'll just observe from a distance. There are some guys who I would definitely support if they got the nomination, but there are also some that I wouldn't if my life depended on it. I'll pay closest attention to this party, but I'll withhold commitment for now.

Dagger is one of the most consistent posters in the VG&T section, and I think he'd do a pretty good job as Mod. I can't promise my vote though as I'm sure a few other great posters in this group will make the decision to run. I may have a bias in that the VG&T section is the non-spam I visit the most, but I'll try to keep in mind who, among nominated candidates, would be the best Mod for whatever section they choose to run for based on their arguments and my personal interaction with them. I now give my full support to the ABC Party as part of the PPM.

Currently we have 50 members not counting Thiller (who should join ;)). Against David French's 43 and Birthday's 27, I'd say we're winning. Congratulations to all who pledged. Whoever is a part of this party has the best chance to win the final right now with more followers than the other parties.

Is there any reason you picked HBK, CM Punk, and Chris Jericho as your party's mascots? Why not pick megastars as your mascots instead of second tier (at best) performers?

First and foremost, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the members of the Wrestlezone forums who have decided to become a part of The ABC Party for the upcoming First Wrestlezone Forums Election. Over the last week or so, I think we have put together a tremendous team of posters, and regardless of how it all plays out, we should produce an excellent candidate for the election to determine our newest mod, and I sincerely hope that whoever that person turns out to be, he or she is successful in the general election and becomes our newest moderator. Whether people arrived here by way of my original invitation to the party, or they decided to join by their own decision, or ended up here as the result of a merge, the bottom line is still the same. I hope that whoever we select receives the full endorsement of the entire ABC Party, which will be essential if the person is to be successful in the election and defeat the other two candidates who, let's face it, are going to be top notch posters in their own regard. Let's keep the discussion spirited but above board, and select someone well suited for the position.

Myself, I first joined the Forums way back in 2007, on a whim, never really expecting to stick around, hence the somewhat lame username (which I now choose to keep for consistency sake). I didn't post a whole lot in 2007, and even less in 2008, but began to post more regularly in 2009. The more time I spent here, the more I enjoyed it, and here we are now, almost 2012, 1300 non spam posts later, and I feel I am ready to give a moderator position a shot.

Why do I feel I would make a suitable mod? I feel I have always been respectful of my fellow posters, not getting bogged down with flaming, trolling, or whatnot. I think this attitude has served my well in assembling this party. I think it has allowed me to interact favorably with my fellow posters, even including such guys as Coco who I occasionally bump heads with, but still manage to keep things relatively clean. If I were to become a mod, I think this attitude would serve me well in interacting with my fellow posters, but would also be an asset in interacting with the rest of the staff.

Having said all of this, cue the implosion, the stabbing in the back, the cutthroat actions which, as I've read all week, are going to destroy the ABC Party. Well guess what, I said it wouldn't happen, and it won't. I went into this process with mutual respect for the rest of the party and I still have that, so I won't throw any of them under the bus as I attempt to become a mod. I'm not going to come in here now and strip Dagger Dias down and suggest he'd make a poor VG & T mod, because that simply would not be true. He'd be an excellent mod, and he's a great poster who doesn't deserve half of the bullshit that gets thrown his way. I'm not going to be foolish enough to now suggest that Big Sexy would be a horrible Sports mod, because we all know that simply wouldn't be true either; he is a very knowledgeable sports enthusiast who would also be a superb mod. I can continue on down the list with lots of people in my party, but I think I will let these guys do their own campaigning. Simply put, I am not suggesting to be any better than any of the party. In fact there are a few of them frankly who I think would make a better mod than I would, except they have chosen to not seek the position. But amongst a team of worthy opponents, I think I stack up reasonably well. I won't strip any of them down,because I'm no better than most of them, but I do feel I am as good as them and as such, am as deserving of a shot at this as they are.

What would I like to do? Clearly my preference and my strength lies in non-spam wrestling. That's what brought me here in the first place, and that's what keeps me coming back. Sure, I love sports, and I enjoy music, but the area which I would like to moderate is the non-spam wrestling area. My first love is obviously WWE, but with three very effective mods already in place doing a damn fine job, I don't really think a fourth one is completely necessary. So what I would like to do is co-moderate the non-spam TNA section, with my good buddy IDR.

What? Habs as a TNA mod, but he is so critical of TNA all the time and blasts it every chance he gets! Somewhat true, but that's the point. I think it would be really interesting to have two mods for this increasingly busy section, one from a very pro perspective, and one from a less positive and somewhat more realistic one. Two guys coordinating discussion, generating feedback, from diametrically opposite ends of the spectrum. Sort of a good cop bad cop situation. Because even as I'm sure IDR and others would tell you, while my opinions of TNA may not always be popular with them, I am able to back them up with logical perspectives. My opinions may not always be positive, and can sometimes be frustrating to some, but they are never trolling, they are never flaming, they are typically respectful, and I think they would bring a different dimension to the discussions. Not to mention the fact that IDR is overworked in this area and as fabulous a job as he consistently does, I think he could use a second set of eyes and hands. So that is the pitch I am making. hatehabsforever to be the newest non-spam wrestling moderator, co-moderating the TNA subsection.

What would I not do? There are loads of sections I simply would be I'll equipped to provide much of anything. MMA, VG &T, WZCW, and others, they're just not my thing, and that's fine, because those sections are completely under control anyway and my input is neither required nor requested. I have been reading some people's perspectives on here about how they would overhaul pretty much every section of the forums. Simply put, that is the function of the administrators, and some people have been overshooting what they would be required to do. While I would certainly be available to discuss or provide input for the forums in general, I simply do not see the need to do KB's and Sly's jobs for them. The forums do not need a major overhaul, I think in fact they are functioning quite nicely. I would be planning to come on board primarily to co-mod my one section and to provide input and opinions elsewhere when/if asked by staff, but otherwise, I would leave the other sections to their own moderators, the global mods, and the admins.

Personally I do not feel there is any need for a spam moderator. To the best of my knowledge, there has not been one for some time if ever, and that section consistently rocks and is clearly one of the favorites. No reason to reinvent the wheel here. The lack of rules, the lack of structure, the relaxed nature of this forum is what makes it great. There is no shortage of discussion being driven. There are few rules to enforce. There is no need for a moderator here, and I do not say that in a negative way at all. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, that's my thought of the spam section. Coco does a tremendous job in there now of beginning and sustaining discussion. He does not have to have a bolded name to do so. In fact, bolding his name by default would have to mean he would have to change from his current character and style, which would be a shame, or he would not be able to do his job properly in this section.

In closing, all I ask is to consider all of the options. Look at longevity here on the forums. Look at need. Look at knowledge, personality, and all of the other factors that go into making an effective mod. I hope you all will do so and consider me favorably, as I would love to represent the ABC Party in this upcoming election. But if not, please stay true to the Party, and select someone from the ABC party who can become the newest forum moderator.

When JGlass starts trolling his own favourite wrestlers you've got to wonder just what's going on.

I'm not sure if any of them crack my all time top 10 favorite. Jericho certainly doesn't, Punk likely doesn't, and if Shawn does he's towards the bottom. What gave you the impression that they were my favorites?

In fact, after some deliberation I have decided that none of them are in my top 10. Shawn Michaels MIGHT be 11.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back