That WCW roster circa '98 was absurdly good

Yeah, man I'm not really taking you seriously at this point. You're just trying too hard. That "vanilla midget" BS and acting like none of those guys were good or over as LOWER CARD GUYS makes it seem like you're not even trying to have an honest conversation. Curt Hennig was very charmismatic.

Yeah, you've done a good job convincing me that you're not taking me seriously at this point...replying back to me 3 days after that post just to tell me that, when you could've just ignored the post, lol. I'm convinced you weren't even watching wrestling at the time and you only think Benoit, Eddie, Rey, Booker etc. were good at the time based on their time in the Ruthless Aggression Era, which is likely when you actually started watching wrestling. You're an IWC cliché, you have that same mentality/logic as the rest of the dumbass sheep in the IWC, so it was hard for me to take you seriously from the moment you made this thread and cried about THT's post not making any sense to you. The only tryhard here is you, trying to convince people who were watching at the time that those guys were great when nobody gave two shits about them and their matches. Curt was a shell of his former self in WCW at that time, go watch his match with Bret at Uncensored and tell me if it was as good as his matches with Bret at Summerslam and King Of The Ring. Curt was just another guy in WCW and the NWO, seemed like he had lost his passion for wrestling and he was so charismatic, he ended up feuding with "PerfectShawn" Shawn Stasiak, lol.

Since "you're not taking me seriously at this point", maybe you should go watch some Mike Graham videos on YouTube and listen to him talk about how viewers would flip the channel when those guys came on. That's how good and over they were as lower card guys.

Yeah, you've done a good job convincing me that you're not taking me seriously at this point...replying back to me 3 days after that post just to tell me that, when you could've just ignored the post, lol. I'm convinced you weren't even watching wrestling at the time and you only think Benoit, Eddie, Rey, Booker etc. were good at the time based on their time in the Ruthless Aggression Era, which is likely when you actually started watching wrestling. You're an IWC cliché, you have that same mentality/logic as the rest of the dumbass sheep in the IWC, so it was hard for me to take you seriously from the moment you made this thread and cried about THT's post not making any sense to you. The only tryhard here is you, trying to convince people who were watching at the time that those guys were great when nobody gave two shits about them and their matches. Curt was a shell of his former self in WCW at that time, go watch his match with Bret at Uncensored and tell me if it was as good as his matches with Bret at Summerslam and King Of The Ring. Curt was just another guy in WCW and the NWO, seemed like he had lost his passion for wrestling and he was so charismatic, he ended up feuding with "PerfectShawn" Shawn Stasiak, lol.

Since "you're not taking me seriously at this point", maybe you should go watch some Mike Graham videos on YouTube and listen to him talk about how viewers would flip the channel when those guys came on. That's how good and over they were as lower card guys.

Wrong on literally everything you said, my man. Get some fresh air and stop projecting. I actually was barely watching wrestling at all in the ruthless aggression era. Watched heavily from the late 80s throughout the 90's, but started fading a bit in '98, especially later in the year. Got back into it around 05-06. You are literally everything you accuse me of being, lol. No I ain't watching no YouTube videos. I don't care.

Huh? That don't make no damn sense at all. Think about what you're saying.

WWE had a worse roster but they used their guys better so they had a better roster. HUH?

No, like I said....WCW had a great roster, they botched it though.

It's not rocket science to understand...

WCW had a lot of aging talent, along with some who were not motivated to produce their best work or work at all as they were calling their own shots or on guaranteed money and those who were trying to move on in their careers were not being used effectively and being spat out by the NWO.

A roster that on paper is good but isn't working effectively is NOT better than one delivering above expectations. WWE guys at the time were hungry for success, motivated and most importantly - developing into stars... WCW had existing stars who were coasting and the few newer stars they did create often fell foul of Hogan and crew...

It's not rocket science to understand...

WCW had a lot of aging talent, along with some who were not motivated to produce their best work or work at all as they were calling their own shots or on guaranteed money and those who were trying to move on in their careers were not being used effectively and being spat out by the NWO.

A roster that on paper is good but isn't working effectively is NOT better than one delivering above expectations. WWE guys at the time were hungry for success, motivated and most importantly - developing into stars... WCW had existing stars who were coasting and the few newer stars they did create often fell foul of Hogan and crew...

Right.....but they still had the better roster. Better talents. WWF made better use of their guys and had more guys on the come up and hungry to make their mark, no question. My original point was just in the amount of talent WCW had though. I mean...those veterans weren't washed. They weren't hungry. But they could still work if they wanted/needed to.

Going back to some earlier post, D'Lo Brown was over? Can't remember his name, but the Pimp guy was over? Cmon, they weren't over. They were part of a group, but once the group dissolved they went to jobber land.

Val Venis was very popular. I guess Road Dog and Mr. Ass were too.

The main difference between WCW and WWF/E at the time was WCW was so top heavy and truly relied on them guys. Even the middle hour filler of Nitro when they had the undercard, there was nothing special to them. No real feuds. Just matches put together and no story. In WWF/E there was a story for almost everything. It was good booking. They cared then. Today? Not so much.

Going back to some earlier post, D'Lo Brown was over? Can't remember his name, but the Pimp guy was over? Cmon, they weren't over. They were part of a group, but once the group dissolved they went to jobber land.

The main difference between WCW and WWF/E at the time was WCW was so top heavy and truly relied on them guys. Even the middle hour filler of Nitro when they had the undercard, there was nothing special to them. No real feuds. Just matches put together and no story. In WWF/E there was a story for almost everything. It was good booking. They cared then. Today? Not so much.

I'd say The Godfather was definitely over for awhile....but a lot of that was just because his character was blatantly catering to their large teenage-early 20s fanbase at the time, many of whom wanted things as profane and sexual as possible. He wasn't actually all that good.....at anything, really.

Wow, seriously? They weren't over and went to "jobber land" once The Nation dissolved? Were you even watching at the time or do you just have a bad memory?

D-Lo was still the European Champion when The Nation dissolved though him and Mark Henry were still together and continued using the name but the stable was pretty much over with The Rock and The Godfather going their own ways. And then he was getting one hell of a push in 1999, becoming the first ever Euro-Continental Champion in the WWF. The Droz incident is what killed D-Lo's momentum and his career was never the same after that. Who knows how far he could've gone in the WWF if that accident had never happened. He probably would never have won the WWF Title but I certainly could've seen him getting a WWF Title shot against Triple H later in 1999 on Raw or Smackdown cause yes he was over with the fans whether you want to believe it or not. The accident made him lose passion, made him almost quit the business and caused him to second guess everything he did in the ring, changing the way he wrestled and the WWF probably secretly held it against him and mis-used him from then on.

The Godfather gimmick started in The Nation but became one of the most popular acts of the Attitude Era after leaving The Nation. So popular he won the IC Title in 1999 and got a win over Triple H in 2000 while Triple H was still the WWF Champion.

That don't sound like "jobber land" to me except for D-Lo after the Droz accident.

You guess Road Dogg and Mr. Ass were popular? No, there's no question they were popular, the most popular tag team on the roster and arguably more popular than Triple H in DX.

I'd say The Godfather was definitely over for awhile....but a lot of that was just because his character was blatantly catering to their large teenage-early 20s fanbase at the time, many of whom wanted things as profane and sexual as possible. He wasn't actually all that good.....at anything, really.

Wasn't good at anything? The Godfather was so natural in that role and he oozed charisma on the mic and what makes it even remarkable is that he was getting complaints from the PTC at the time and the network and WWF higher ups began imposing restrictions on what he could say, which could've hurt his popularity, but he worked his way around that by using slang like "blunt", "fatty" etc. slang they didn't understand and he got away with the things he did say. His catchphrases were popular with the fans, his finisher was popular with the fans. He returned in 2002 and 2005 to loud pops from the crowd. You think if they had given Steve Blackman The Godfather gimmick that the character would've been just as popular? Sure the Hoes would/did help but not entirely. It takes the right person with the right charisma to naturally fit in that role and Charles Wright was that right person. Like I said, if you made Blackman the pimp instead, it wouldn't have worked cause he didn't fit the role and only the hoes would've been the only one over. The Godfather gimmick started out in The Nation but he wasn't instantly over as he would became later after leaving the group.

And then there was Charles' earlier gimmick, Papa Shango, who was one of the scariest wrestlers ever. But I suppose it was only the paint, the skeleton bones and outfit that made him scary? Not Wright's voice, mannerisms, act. He was so convincing people really he believed he was into voodoo. He was so great as The Godfather that he managed a strip joint after leaving the business, basically living his gimmick.

Wow, seriously? They weren't over and went to "jobber land" once The Nation dissolved? Were you even watching at the time or do you just have a bad memory?

D-Lo was still the European Champion when The Nation dissolved though him and Mark Henry were still together and continued using the name but the stable was pretty much over with The Rock and The Godfather going their own ways. And then he was getting one hell of a push in 1999, becoming the first ever Euro-Continental Champion in the WWF. The Droz incident is what killed D-Lo's momentum and his career was never the same after that. Who knows how far he could've gone in the WWF if that accident had never happened. He probably would never have won the WWF Title but I certainly could've seen him getting a WWF Title shot against Triple H later in 1999 on Raw or Smackdown cause yes he was over with the fans whether you want to believe it or not. The accident made him lose passion, made him almost quit the business and caused him to second guess everything he did in the ring, changing the way he wrestled and the WWF probably secretly held it against him and mis-used him from then on.

The Godfather gimmick started in The Nation but became one of the most popular acts of the Attitude Era after leaving The Nation. So popular he won the IC Title in 1999 and got a win over Triple H in 2000 while Triple H was still the WWF Champion.

That don't sound like "jobber land" to me except for D-Lo after the Droz accident.

You guess Road Dogg and Mr. Ass were popular? No, there's no question they were popular, the most popular tag team on the roster and arguably more popular than Triple H in DX.

Wasn't good at anything? The Godfather was so natural in that role and he oozed charisma on the mic and what makes it even remarkable is that he was getting complaints from the PTC at the time and the network and WWF higher ups began imposing restrictions on what he could say, which could've hurt his popularity, but he worked his way around that by using slang like "blunt", "fatty" etc. slang they didn't understand and he got away with the things he did say. His catchphrases were popular with the fans, his finisher was popular with the fans. He returned in 2002 and 2005 to loud pops from the crowd. You think if they had given Steve Blackman The Godfather gimmick that the character would've been just as popular? Sure the Hoes would/did help but not entirely. It takes the right person with the right charisma to naturally fit in that role and Charles Wright was that right person. Like I said, if you made Blackman the pimp instead, it wouldn't have worked cause he didn't fit the role and only the hoes would've been the only one over. The Godfather gimmick started out in The Nation but he wasn't instantly over as he would became later after leaving the group.

And then there was Charles' earlier gimmick, Papa Shango, who was one of the scariest wrestlers ever. But I suppose it was only the paint, the skeleton bones and outfit that made him scary? Not Wright's voice, mannerisms, act. He was so convincing people really he believed he was into voodoo. He was so great as The Godfather that he managed a strip joint after leaving the business, basically living his gimmick.

Alright, he did a good job on the mic as The Godfather. Cool. Doesn't make him nearly the talent as any of the WCW guys i listed in my post. It was largely the right place/right time gimmick that was over. Props to him for making it work though.

Hyping up Papa Shango is where I draw the line though. Cmon. That was pure camp. Even as a kid I thought it was stupid. Certainly didn't find it scary. But the over the top stuff was never scary to me, it was the more deadpan, straight forward stuff that was "scary" when done right. Like Jake Roberts.

Alright, he did a good job on the mic as The Godfather. Cool. Doesn't make him nearly the talent as any of the WCW guys i listed in my post. It was largely the right place/right time gimmick that was over. Props to him for making it work though.

Hyping up Papa Shango is where I draw the line though. Cmon. That was pure camp. Even as a kid I thought it was stupid. Certainly didn't find it scary. But the over the top stuff was never scary to me, it was the more deadpan, straight forward stuff that was "scary" when done right. Like Jake Roberts.

Yeah, the main event guys but most of the mid-card guys like Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio? Are you telling me The Godfather wasn't nearly the talent they were and they were more charismatic than him just based on the fact that Charles Wright didn't wrestle like these guys in the ring? LMAO. It's nice to know how your mind works and that you only define a great talent based on how they work in the ring. Those guys didn't have the charisma Godfather had. The only thing they were better than Godfather at was just wrestling. And keep sticking to your right place/right time defense attributing that to most of Godfather's success despite the fact The Godfather got bigger pops than they received when he returned in 2002, 2005 and 2012 (I think it was) after the Attitude Era was over.

Good for you, you wasn't scared by him as a kid, but the majority of posters I've seen on Youtube and other forums happen to disagree with you and did find him scary and successful with the gimmick. Have fun watching the dull serious characters you love so much.

Yeah, the main event guys but most of the mid-card guys like Chris Benoit, Dean Malenko, Rey Mysterio? Are you telling me The Godfather wasn't nearly the talent they were and they were more charismatic than him just based on the fact that Charles Wright didn't wrestle like these guys in the ring? LMAO. It's nice to know how your mind works and that you only define a great talent based on how they work in the ring. Those guys didn't have the charisma Godfather had. The only thing they were better than Godfather at was just wrestling. And keep sticking to your right place/right time defense attributing that to most of Godfather's success despite the fact The Godfather got bigger pops than they received when he returned in 2002, 2005 and 2012 (I think it was) after the Attitude Era was over.

Good for you, you wasn't scared by him as a kid, but the majority of posters I've seen on Youtube and other forums happen to disagree with you and did find him scary and successful with the gimmick. Have fun watching the dull serious characters you love so much.

Hey, youre impressed by the guy because he said "blunt". Wow, what a rebel to sneak that one by! A lot of teenagers felt the same way. There's different forms of charisma. Rey was exciting because he did Athletic things nobody had really seen. Rey stayed solidly over for a good 15 years and the kids loved him. But yeah, just a "dull, serious character".

Malenko's pop when he unmasked and was about to face Jericho>>>any of The Godfather's. You also ignore that WCW had some legit legends cycling through the Midcard scene. You want to keep taking this to your little "vanilla midget" angle which is bad enough.....you gonna ignore that, say, Bret Hart and Ric Flair were in the Midcard at times? Or DDP(more over than everyone but Austin at that point). Or Savage. Or Nash. Or Giant. Or Sting. They weren't all in the main event at the same time. How about Booker? Was he dull and boring?
Hennig and Rude? No charisma there right? Konnan used "cool slang" like "bout it, bout it". So charismatic right?

Hey, youre impressed by the guy because he said "blunt". Wow, what a rebel to sneak that one by! A lot of teenagers felt the same way. There's different forms of charisma. Rey was exciting because he did Athletic things nobody had really seen. Rey stayed solidly over for a good 15 years and the kids loved him. But yeah, just a "dull, serious character".

Malenko's pop when he unmasked and was about to face Jericho>>>any of The Godfather's. You also ignore that WCW had some legit legends cycling through the Midcard scene. You want to keep taking this to your little "vanilla midget" angle which is bad enough.....you gonna ignore that, say, Bret Hart and Ric Flair were in the Midcard at times? Or DDP(more over than everyone but Austin at that point). Or Savage. Or Nash. Or Giant. Or Sting. They weren't all in the main event at the same time. How about Booker? Was he dull and boring?
Hennig and Rude? No charisma there right? Konnan used "cool slang" like "bout it, bout it". So charismatic right?

Yeah, but did Rey get bigger pops with his athletic moves than The Godfather got? No. Was Rey's athletic moves more popular with the fans than The Godfather character? Nope. Did Rey's athletic moves make viewers tune into Nitro? No, that was the likes of Goldberg and Hogan. Yeah, Rey stayed solidly over for a good 15 years that he was such a poor drawing champion when he won the World Title in 2006. He was so great, he devalued the belt and killed all it's credibility as being on the same level as the WWE Championship. He was so solidly over, he got booed against Sabu at ECW One Night Stand 2006, got crickets when his ass came out at #30 instead of Daniel Bryan in the 2014 Royal Rumble, that he held the WWE Title for only 5 minutes in 2011, and that he was so injury prone and put in a tag team with Sin Cara that went nowhere that his ass is now in Lucha Underground today or wherever the hell he went to. Dude only got the World Title because of Eddie passing away and even during that storyline, they wanted to kick his ass out of the Wrestlemania 22 WHC match so they could have Orton vs. Angle for the belt and have Orton win the belt but because Orton pissed off people backstage, Mysterio was added back in and won the belt instead. Yeah, Rey was solidly over for those 15 years. The kids loved him but who did they love more? John Cena. Get out of here with your Rey Mysterio fanboyism.

I knew you would bring up Malenko's pop at Slamboree 1998 and can you really even say Malenko got that pop by himself or because of Jericho's phenomenal heel work where he buried him and his family so bad, people wanted to see Malenko get revenge on Jericho so bad? It was most definitely the latter and Jericho gets all the credit for making Malenko look like one of the biggest babyfaces ever in that feud, which should've been an impossible task to do as no one before and after has since done such a thing when it comes to Stinko Malenko. Malenko was a charisma vaccuum, "The Iceman" lol, a straight serious shooter with no emotions who was devoid of personality and charisma, he never got a big pop like that before (and after) until he feuded with Jericho, who was one of the only few good mid-card guys in WCW at that time because he was more than just a good wrestler in the ring unlike Benoit, Malenko and Mysterio, he actually had personality and charisma and was entertaining.

So wait, you're gonna bring up legends like Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Sting etc. in the mid-card and totally ignore that future legends like The Rock and Triple H were in the WWF's mid-card for the majority of 98? Even Foley was in the mid-card during parts of 98. LOL. If you're gonna play that card, The Rock alone shits on all those legends in the WCW mid card, hell he buried Bret, Hogan, Flair and Savage's ass in a promo in 99 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awCTJ56ya8E), he became more popular than every one of them and look where he is today, and the WWF had the hottest mid-card feud in 98 in DX vs. The Nation/The Rock vs. Triple H, which made stars out of both guys. Rock, Triple H, Foley, who were more popular than all those legends and went on to be top stars/champions and kill WCW's ass in the ratings forever with the Jan 4th 99 Raw WWF Title match > Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Sting, Savage, Giant, Perfect, Booker etc. in the mid-card. Also the fact that some of those legends dropped from the main event to the mid-card, doesn't that tell you anything about how "great" they were in WCW in 1998? Some of them were past their primes. You just list their names, thinking that's enough to make it an impressive roster, but you completely ignore that most of those guys weren't even at their peak and weren't as great as they were before anymore. They were just there, not really making any impact like Goldberg was.

Bret Hart - Went from being the top guy and the biggest heel in the WWF to just another guy in WCW and in the NWO.

Ric Flair - One of the biggest names, if not the biggest name in WCW history, considering how important he is to their legacy, became just another guy in 97-98. His only great moment in 98 was the night he returned, reformed The Four Horsemen and went apeshit on Eric Bischoff on the mic.

Savage - His best year in WCW was 1997 when he had that great feud with DDP, he was injured and mostly out in 98. But when he was active, he was nothing but Hogan and Nash's sidekick in NWO Hollywood and Wolfpac, had one of the worst main events in WCW history with Hogan at Uncensored that year and yeah he did win the WCW Title from Sting the following month but then he lost it the next night to Hogan and had a crappy feud with Bret in which he could barely compete against him with his bad knee. Then he joined Wolfpac but that didn't last very long as he went on the shelf soon after. What else did he do that year, have a sucky ass feud with Lex Luger? That was it.

Sting - Went from being the hottest star in the hottest angle in WCW the previous year to just another guy, who was outdone in popularity by Goldberg. The dream match between him and Bret was a disappointment, so was Bret vs. Hogan on Nitro for that matter, Sting in The Wolfpac was a disappointment and Sting went on the shelf by the end of 1998.

The Giant - Became just another guy in the NWO who smoked cigarettes to the ring and jobbed to Kevin freaking Greene, LMAO.

Curt Hennig - Just another guy and did nothing of note in 98 besides being a member of both NWO factions and not even a standout member like some of the other guys in either faction. And he jobbed to Goldberg in seconds. They put him and Bret together at Uncensored in hope of getting another classic out of the two like they did at Summerslam 91 and King Of The Ring 93 but they didn't. It was like they both had lost their passion for wrestling and being in WCW, you couldn't blame them.

Rude - Was just a manager for Hennig, nothing more, and as a manager, he was more memorable for being in DX than for being part of the NWO, lost in the shuffle among the other millions of members the NWO had.

Konnan - You're not helping your point with this one as Konnan was one of the few WCW mid-card guys who was actually over with the crowd. One of the most popular and standout members of The Wolfpac.

Booker T - Yeah, he was dull and boring. Good in the ring, no doubt, but he didn't have a good entertaining character until he got to the WWF in 2001 and do I even need to mention how hot he became with his angle with Goldust in 2002. They even tried to make him their version of The Rock in 2000 to try and make his character entertaining, lol.

DDP and Nash - They were the only ones in the 98 mid-card, who were worth a damn, but they weren't more popular than The Rock, not by the second half of 1998 anyway. Hell, they weren't even more popular than Sable, who had WCW quaking in their boots so bad in the ratings that they rescheduled their segments so as to not conflict with her segments. And DX was arguably more popular than both of them aswell.

Yeah, but did Rey get bigger pops with his athletic moves than The Godfather got? No. Was Rey's athletic moves more popular with the fans than The Godfather character? Nope. Did Rey's athletic moves make viewers tune into Nitro? No, that was the likes of Goldberg and Hogan. Yeah, Rey stayed solidly over for a good 15 years that he was such a poor drawing champion when he won the World Title in 2006. He was so great, he devalued the belt and killed all it's credibility as being on the same level as the WWE Championship. He was so solidly over, he got booed against Sabu at ECW One Night Stand 2006, got crickets when his ass came out at #30 instead of Daniel Bryan in the 2014 Royal Rumble, that he held the WWE Title for only 5 minutes in 2011, and that he was so injury prone and put in a tag team with Sin Cara that went nowhere that his ass is now in Lucha Underground today or wherever the hell he went to. Dude only got the World Title because of Eddie passing away and even during that storyline, they wanted to kick his ass out of the Wrestlemania 22 WHC match so they could have Orton vs. Angle for the belt and have Orton win the belt but because Orton pissed off people backstage, Mysterio was added back in and won the belt instead. Yeah, Rey was solidly over for those 15 years. The kids loved him but who did they love more? John Cena. Get out of here with your Rey Mysterio fanboyism.

I knew you would bring up Malenko's pop at Slamboree 1998 and can you really even say Malenko got that pop by himself or because of Jericho's phenomenal heel work where he buried him and his family so bad, people wanted to see Malenko get revenge on Jericho so bad? It was most definitely the latter and Jericho gets all the credit for making Malenko look like one of the biggest babyfaces ever in that feud, which should've been an impossible task to do as no one before and after has since done such a thing when it comes to Stinko Malenko. Malenko was a charisma vaccuum, "The Iceman" lol, a straight serious shooter with no emotions who was devoid of personality and charisma, he never got a big pop like that before (and after) until he feuded with Jericho, who was one of the only few good mid-card guys in WCW at that time because he was more than just a good wrestler in the ring unlike Benoit, Malenko and Mysterio, he actually had personality and charisma and was entertaining.

So wait, you're gonna bring up legends like Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Sting etc. in the mid-card and totally ignore that future legends like The Rock and Triple H were in the WWF's mid-card for the majority of 98? Even Foley was in the mid-card during parts of 98. LOL. If you're gonna play that card, The Rock alone shits on all those legends in the WCW mid card, hell he buried Bret, Hogan, Flair and Savage's ass in a promo in 99 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awCTJ56ya8E), he became more popular than every one of them and look where he is today, and the WWF had the hottest mid-card feud in 98 in DX vs. The Nation/The Rock vs. Triple H, which made stars out of both guys. Rock, Triple H, Foley, who were more popular than all those legends and went on to be top stars/champions and kill WCW's ass in the ratings forever with the Jan 4th 99 Raw WWF Title match > Bret Hart, Ric Flair, Sting, Savage, Giant, Perfect, Booker etc. in the mid-card. Also the fact that some of those legends dropped from the main event to the mid-card, doesn't that tell you anything about how "great" they were in WCW in 1998? Some of them were past their primes. You just list their names, thinking that's enough to make it an impressive roster, but you completely ignore that most of those guys weren't even at their peak and weren't as great as they were before anymore. They were just there, not really making any impact like Goldberg was.

Bret Hart - Went from being the top guy and the biggest heel in the WWF to just another guy in WCW and in the NWO.

Ric Flair - One of the biggest names, if not the biggest name in WCW history, considering how important he is to their legacy, became just another guy in 97-98. His only great moment in 98 was the night he returned, reformed The Four Horsemen and went apeshit on Eric Bischoff on the mic.

Savage - His best year in WCW was 1997 when he had that great feud with DDP, he was injured and mostly out in 98. But when he was active, he was nothing but Hogan and Nash's sidekick in NWO Hollywood and Wolfpac, had one of the worst main events in WCW history with Hogan at Uncensored that year and yeah he did win the WCW Title from Sting the following month but then he lost it the next night to Hogan and had a crappy feud with Bret in which he could barely compete against him with his bad knee. Then he joined Wolfpac but that didn't last very long as he went on the shelf soon after. What else did he do that year, have a sucky ass feud with Lex Luger? That was it.

Sting - Went from being the hottest star in the hottest angle in WCW the previous year to just another guy, who was outdone in popularity by Goldberg. The dream match between him and Bret was a disappointment, so was Bret vs. Hogan on Nitro for that matter, Sting in The Wolfpac was a disappointment and Sting went on the shelf by the end of 1998.

The Giant - Became just another guy in the NWO who smoked cigarettes to the ring and jobbed to Kevin freaking Greene, LMAO.

Curt Hennig - Just another guy and did nothing of note in 98 besides being a member of both NWO factions and not even a standout member like some of the other guys in either faction. And he jobbed to Goldberg in seconds. They put him and Bret together at Uncensored in hope of getting another classic out of the two like they did at Summerslam 91 and King Of The Ring 93 but they didn't. It was like they both had lost their passion for wrestling and being in WCW, you couldn't blame them.

Rude - Was just a manager for Hennig, nothing more, and as a manager, he was more memorable for being in DX than for being part of the NWO, lost in the shuffle among the other millions of members the NWO had.

Konnan - You're not helping your point with this one as Konnan was one of the few WCW mid-card guys who was actually over with the crowd. One of the most popular and standout members of The Wolfpac.

Booker T - Yeah, he was dull and boring. Good in the ring, no doubt, but he didn't have a good entertaining character until he got to the WWF in 2001 and do I even need to mention how hot he became with his angle with Goldust in 2002. They even tried to make him their version of The Rock in 2000 to try and make his character entertaining, lol.

DDP and Nash - They were the only ones in the 98 mid-card, who were worth a damn, but they weren't more popular than The Rock, not by the second half of 1998 anyway. Hell, they weren't even more popular than Sable, who had WCW quaking in their boots so bad in the ratings that they rescheduled their segments so as to not conflict with her segments. And DX was arguably more popular than both of them aswell.

Cliffnotes fool, ain't nobody reading all that.

I stopped at your dumb Rey bashing, where you picked a few bad moments out of like a 20 year span seemingly without even noticing that being champion in 2006 or coming out last for the Rumble in 2014 means he was WAY more relevant than The Godfather for way longer. Bashing a champion, while hyping up some nostalgia return pop for a one off.....SMH. You don't even pretend to want to have an honest discussion.

Cliffnotes fool, ain't nobody reading all that.

I stopped at your dumb Rey bashing, where you picked a few bad moments out of like a 20 year span seemingly without even noticing that being champion in 2006 or coming out last for the Rumble in 2014 means he was WAY more relevant than The Godfather for way longer. Bashing a champion, while hyping up some nostalgia return pop for a one off.....SMH. You don't even pretend to want to have an honest discussion.

LMAO, yeah go to the "ain't nobody reading all that" defense to save yourself from getting schooled even more, son.

Few bad moments? Rey has had a way more bad moments in his career that I didn't even care to bring them all up, those were just only a few examples. Rey's career wasn't as big as you are pretending it was. Despite you stopping at "my dumb Rey bashing", did you even read the part where I said the only reason Rey became champion in 2006 was to pay tribute to Eddie and even during that storyline, they almost kicked him out of the WHC match at WM 22 because they wanted Orton vs. Angle and Orton to win the belt originally but because Orton pissed someone off backstage, they went back to adding Rey in the match and winning the title? You think if Eddie hadn't passed away, Rey still would've became champion? LOL. Yeah, ignore that part cause you can't handle that Rey wasn't this special talent that you believe him to be. He would never have became champion if it wasn't for that. What kind of dumb logic is that, coming out last for the Rumble in 2014 means he was WAY more relevant than The Godfather? I suppose that makes Tugboat, Warlord, Adam Bomb, Crush, Duke Droese, Dolph Ziggler, who have all came out at #30, more relevant than The Godfather? Rey was so relevant, he got crickets when he came out at #30, right? Except The Godfather didn't just get those loud pops when he made those one off nostalgia returns, he also consistently got loud pops every week when he was a full time active member of the roster unlike Rey's ass for the majority of his career. A lot of wrestlers have been more over than Rey in their short time span than Rey has been in his entire 20 year span.

LOL, you can't even have a discussion at all because not only do you have terrible wrestling opinions, you're too afraid of long detailed posts and you want everybody to make short shitty posts like you (oh look, I'm making another long post, I suppose you aren't gonna read this one either, lol) because to quote Jeff Daniels, you have the attention span of a gnat. I'm not sure who's worse between you and that Makaveli idiot. And from what I've also seen around here, you also make terrible threads just like this one. Fuck outta your own thread, you dope.

LMAO, yeah go to the "ain't nobody reading all that" defense to save yourself from getting schooled even more, son.

Few bad moments? Rey has had a way more bad moments in his career that I didn't even care to bring them all up, those were just only a few examples. Rey's career wasn't as big as you are pretending it was. Despite you stopping at "my dumb Rey bashing", did you even read the part where I said the only reason Rey became champion in 2006 was to pay tribute to Eddie and even during that storyline, they almost kicked him out of the WHC match at WM 22 because they wanted Orton vs. Angle and Orton to win the belt originally but because Orton pissed someone off backstage, they went back to adding Rey in the match and winning the title? You think if Eddie hadn't passed away, Rey still would've became champion? LOL. Yeah, ignore that part cause you can't handle that Rey wasn't this special talent that you believe him to be. He would never have became champion if it wasn't for that. What kind of dumb logic is that, coming out last for the Rumble in 2014 means he was WAY more relevant than The Godfather? I suppose that makes Tugboat, Warlord, Adam Bomb, Crush, Duke Droese, Dolph Ziggler, who have all came out at #30, more relevant than The Godfather? Rey was so relevant, he got crickets when he came out at #30, right? Except The Godfather didn't just get those loud pops when he made those one off nostalgia returns, he also consistently got loud pops every week when he was a full time active member of the roster unlike Rey's ass for the majority of his career. A lot of wrestlers have been more over than Rey in their short time span than Rey has been in his entire 20 year span.

LOL, you can't even have a discussion at all because not only do you have terrible wrestling opinions, you're too afraid of long detailed posts and you want everybody to make short shitty posts like you (oh look, I'm making another long post, I suppose you aren't gonna read this one either, lol) because to quote Jeff Daniels, you have the attention span of a gnat. I'm not sure who's worse between you and that Makaveli idiot. And from what I've also seen around here, you also make terrible threads just like this one. Fuck outta your own thread, you dope.

My man, you just out here writing BOOKS of bullshit that ain't nobody reading! Nobody cares that much! I'd suggest creating a twitter account. Start tweeting. The character limit might help you become more concise in making your points.

You'll probably still be posting pure bullshit, but at least you might be doing it more concisely. This will save you some time, and clutter the board less so that people won't have to scroll down as much to get past your bullshit books.

FYI, I didn't make it beyond your plea cops for why Rey won the title here. Irrelevant. He won the title. Way better career than The Godfather/Kama/Kama Mustafa/Papa Shango. Cry.

It was good it was absolutely the most amazing period in the history of wrestling the roster was so deep what's the point of even going through all the names and it'll take too long even the guys that would show up on Nitro that were usually on Saturday night or on worldwide or WCW Pro were incredible everything was incredible it was incredible wrestling incredible show incredible.
You think about the longevity of those pay-per-views how long they had been going on how well they built them up War games
World War 3
Super Brawl
Starrcade
All incredible
A conducive collaboration of people who knew what they were doing both on the wrestling front and on the production front. Many many people involved in making WCW WCW.
****ADVERTISEMENT REMOVED****
And everyone wants it back.No doubt about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back