Tell us who should or should not be the ABC Party's candidate

You see, my ABC Party brethren? This is what we are up against. We have to remain united as a team. I fully believe that we as a cohesive unit have the best intentions in mind for the forum. If I become mod then that will not change. You all have great ideas and I plan on keeping our team together to bring these ideas to fruition.

Now then, let's discuss Coco's post.

He's not interested in the topics. He just likes feeling important. And you're going to have a hard time convincing me otherwise.

If you ever bothered to enter one of the non-spam sections for a change, you'd see how wrong this statement is. I find several topics I have no interest in and I ignore them. Anything that I post about is something that caught my interest.

Yes, I like to post, but my priority is generating discussion, not having a high post count. If all I cared about was my post count then I would answer every single thread with useless one sentence replies along the lines of "I like Ted Dibiase because he is a good wrestler". I answer the thread's discussion question, providing my own analysis on the subject matter, debate with those who I disagreed with, and move on to the next topic. Sorry for not posting word forts every time I post. Some of us have a life.

You don't know anything about me. That is painfully obvious. Two can play that game. Since you are making assumptions about someone you never interact with, let's turn the tables and I'll do the same thing to you. You don't want what's best for the forum. You constantly troll people and want to be the Troll King by having moderator power over the section that needs an assigned specific mod the least.

The GSD allows no flaming. That rule is in place to protect posters in that section from people lile you. The Bar Room has such a short list of rules that the forum staff as a whole can easily tackle it together. The non-spam sections which, correct me if I am wrong, you rarely venture into other than for the annual Wrestlezone Tournament, need assigned mods to look after them. Some need a team, some need only one, and spam sections honestly do not need one. Do we really want someone who doesn't want what's best for the forum to gain power rather than someone who truly cares and isn't in this only for themselves?

How about not putting finger to keyboard for dime-a-dozen fluff that everyone and their mother is going to say anyway? I like the sound of that. I understand that you're one of them "generate discussion" mods and churning out heartless bullshit like that is your bread and butter, but I'm certainly not going to pat anyone on the back for it -- Not out here, and not when I'm in the Board Room.

Discussion in Non-spam sections actually NEEDS to be generated. It's not the same as the GSD or The Bar where a thread starts with a post saying "I ate catfish for dinner tonight" only to get derailed in topic several hundred times into topics such as how many times Bar regulars have been laid lately, what celebrities they find attractive, which regulars they think "suck", and other useless crap.

Non-spam sections provide REAL discussion. A thread is posted with a topic that is not to be derailed in the discussion regarding questions stated in the opening post. Mature debating like adults then follows. If that is not your cup of tea, then go post up a storm in the spam zone. We have designated the spam friendly and non-spam sections separately for a reason. I want to moderate a non-spam section because I enjoy debating and discussing.

Finally, no one is forcing you to read my posts. You don't have to, and why is that? YOU ARE NOT A MOD. The ABC Party will see to it that it stays that way. You could throw an army of troll underlings at us but we will remain united under the cause of improving the forum.

Sorry for not posting word forts every time I post.
I coined that phrase because I hate word forts. You really have no idea what you're dealing with, do you?

You don't know anything about me. That is painfully obvious. Two can play that game. Since you are making assumptions about someone you never interact with, let's turn the tables and I'll do the same thing to you. You don't want what's best for the forum. You constantly troll people and want to be the Troll King by having moderator power over the section that needs an assigned specific mod the least.
The Troll King is already admin. He's not on trial here.

The GSD allows no flaming. That rule is in place to protect posters in that section from people lile you. The Bar Room has such a short list of rules that the forum staff as a whole can easily tackle it together. The non-spam sections which, correct me if I am wrong, you rarely venture into other than for the annual Wrestlezone Tournament, need assigned mods to look after them. Some need a team, some need only one, and spam sections honestly do not need one. Do we really want someone who doesn't want what's best for the forum to gain power rather than someone who truly cares and isn't in this only for themselves?
I love the forums. I wouldn't be running if I didn't.

Discussion in Non-spam sections actually NEEDS to be generated.
That's the single biggest lie ever told on this board.

Non-spam sections provide REAL discussion.
That's the second biggest lie ever told on this board.

A thread is posted with a topic that is not to be derailed in the discussion regarding questions stated in the opening post.
Well that sounds absolutely nothing like a real discussion. Although with all the time you put into making and defending Division Blade, it's entirely possible you've never had one of those.

Wow, bringing up something from Dagger's background. If this wasn't a wrestling forum, I'd swear you were a politician. Not a good one though. One of those cheap, nasty ones who are all talk, but with no real substance, who rely on big name power and cheap slurs rather than actual quality.

Reactions: TSG
I've proven substance and quality time and again. I trust people here are smart enough that I don't need to walk them through that sterling record like they're ******ed children. But your party clearly doesn't view the public in that same favorable light. Disappointing how many so-called pillars of this community have such contempt for the masses.

I've proven substance and quality time and again. I trust people here are smart enough that I don't need to walk them through that sterling record like they're ******ed children. But your party clearly doesn't view the public in that same favorable light. Disappointing how many so-called pillars of this community have such contempt for the masses.

Acually, we view the public as individuals who can speak their mind, and make their own choices. We want people to make their own choice, as opposed to, and I quote,

If people knew what was good for them, they'd turn to me for every decision.

We want the public to pick the person that they want, and not the one who wants to tell them what they want.

You'd be surprised by some of the tax loopholes my consultation will show you.

So, out to put people under the rule of a dictator AND crooked financially. I actually thought more of you than that.

Has this party imploded on itself yet? Where's Big Sexy when he's actually needed?

Clearly you have not been following these elections. At all. There will be no implosion of this party. I guarantee it.

Big Sexy would definitely make a superb sports mod, or for that matter, a non-spam wrestling mod, if he decided to pursue either one. Not really sure if he plans to do so for either.

Of course, there is a Bruins/Penguins game tomorrow night. If anything could trigger the alleged implosion, it could be this, with a heated schism developing between myself and LSN ;)

Of course, I probably should not continue this talk of implosion, it apparently annoys certain simians on these forums :)

Of course, there is a Bruins/Penguins game tomorrow night. If anything could trigger the alleged implosion, it could be this, with a heated schism developing between myself and LSN ;)

Of course, I probably should not continue this talk of implosion, it apparently annoys certain simians on these forums :)

We'll have to take to the NHL thread, where I can build a word fort as to why the Penguins will win! It's all about upping my post-count and all!;)

Bruins 3 Pens 2. I'd love to be a homer here, but I think the Pens playing without Michalek and Letang will be too much to overcome.

Just promise me if the Pens do end the Bruins long points streak, you won't spiral down into a deep depression and let the party down....:)

Funny thing about simians...they are lower on the evolutionary chain...something that get proven on a daily basis...some toss real shit at other simians for video cameras to capture, and some toss shit with a keyboard...either way, they are overly fascinated with their own fecal matter.

Hello, fellow members of the ABC party, and the rest of the Wrestlezone Forums. If any of you checked the thread where candidates are applying, you will have seen I have decided to run. So now it's time for me to tell you all why. I hope to keep it short and sweet, but meaningful.

I have been here for 2 and 1/2 years. Many of you are probably thinking already: man, this guy is a jack-wagon. You probably will say that I have no right to run for this, that I try to hard, and that I have always made a complete donkey of myself, to be blunt about it. And I will accept the criticism. I understand and will be the first to admit I haven't always been the most endearing poster, or the smartest, or made the wisest decisions. I have burnt a few bridges, made some enemies, and haven't always said the smartest things. But I hope to win you all over and show you all that electing me would be a competent choice, and hope my campaign is enough to make you overlook the past, as the past doesn't matter now. Have I done an extreme amount of work here? No. But, when passionate about a subject, I will stick with it and that's where I feel I am at my best. And I can also drive discussion, stir up the dust a bit, and I have many great ideas and plans in my head. This combined with the fact I that I am very passionate about the forums, and like to help them in any way possible, make me feel that I would be qualified.

Now, as I look over these threads and the way this thing has played out so far, it is almost as bad as real politics. There has been a lot of mudslinging, people trying to invade and destroy other parties, and empty talk. This being said, I don't plan on doing any of this. I'm not going to sling mud at another poster or throw them under the bus, in this party nor any other. I am determined to play clean. I know this may not get me far, but it's how I prefer to roll and it's the option not many people like to take, so maybe people will see it as a breath of fresh air. I'm not about empty talk or derailing other parties. Everything I plan on saying is going to be of substance, and relate to either what I'm plan on doing and my ideals, or when debating, another person's. I WILL call someone out on their empty talk or mudslinging. Bull manure doesn't stand well with me, and if I think you're preaching something that you won't actually do, or something that is all flash and no substance, I will question you about it. But I promise to stay straight forward, keep my battle's clean, and let you know what I actually plan to do, and not use a bunch of empty talk to win you guys over.

Now, many of you are probably asking by now what my plans are. I'll try to keep this simple and straight-forward. My plans are to better the forum. I want to take whatever section I mod (which I'll get to later) and transform them into the best section. No matter the subject, I can always find a way to start a thread and drive discussion. I would get out and advertise the section. Welcome newcomers to the forums, create events to drive people to the section. I would also be an interactive moderator. many mods we have now are great, but aren't technically interactive. A section's success and the amount of fun people have visiting it depends on the posters themselves. Which is why I would poll the people occasionally, to find what THEY think would make the section better. I would organize tournaments, polls, perhaps even ranking systems to make the section more fun and interactive, and to drive more discussion. All of these would be decided with help of the posters in that section. As a moderator, it would be my job to make the section the best it can be, and that relies heavily on the support of the posters. These ideas, among other things, are what I would immediately implement as a moderator, and sure many would agree, they can only help generate discussion and make whatever section i would control a more friendly, more fun, and better place overall.

What section do I want to moderate? I can moderate anywhere, honestly. I follow everything from wrestling to current events that we have sections on, and I visit all sections frequently. My top three choices would be Music, Sports, and Book This. With the Sports Stadium and Music sections, they really don't generate much discussion. This is the first thing I would try to change. I don't post with extreme frequency in either section, but when I do, I'm sure people can tell you I have strong opinions on both, which can also be seen in topics of the same subject in the spam sections. With the Book This section, it is I and a small group of people that have kept the section alive, and I have presented many ideas, including a magazine and ratings system now ran by other regulars of the section, which have made the section more interactive and fun. I currently am planning a new show, as my most recent one fell apart due to time constraints. But anybody who read it, including a member of our party, LSN, can tell you it was quality work and that I could make a competent mod of the section. I have always felt that the Book This section has always been under-rated and overlooked, and I have many ideas that I could use to make it the best it can be and bring a new dynamic to the forums through it. But, I feel I have sufficient knowledge on the topics of all sections we have here, and I could moderate any of them, and any mod spot allows me to spread my goals, ideals, and ideas to the rest of the staff members and gives me more opportunities to spread them throughout the forums, which can only help WrestleZone as a whole, which is the point of being on staff and the basis of my ideals and philosophy. Later in my campaign, I will delve into further detail my plans for my top three sections, and the forums as a whole. For now, I wanted to give an idea on my ideas and state my top three sections I want to improve.

So there you have it. You can now give me any feedback, criticize me, or say whatever you feel fit. I just hope that I may have changed some of your minds on some things, or at least put me in consideration for election. I sincerely want to change these forums, improve them to the best of my abilities, and do it the right way. I want to be the exception to the rule in all of this mudslinging and politicking, and stand tall as the right choice and the guy who can improve these forums best.

Has this party imploded on itself yet? Where's Big Sexy when he's actually needed?

Haven't you heard tdigle? This party is too tightly knit to implode. Nothing says "community" like a group of relative strangers all trying to get the same thing when only one of them can have it.

I've been relatively quite as we've moved into this stage of the election outside of announcing my intentions to seek nomination, but it is time to speak up a bit. I wanted to allow everyone to get whatever they had to say out there and make their pitches which we have seen. Now I would like to address some things and try to quell some of the doubts regarding my ability in any arena.

First and foremost I can not stress it enough to you, that I am by no means new to this forum. I am new to you as a poster, but I have been around these parts longer than many of you who are moderators, long standing members, and can even recall when many of you first arrived. I've watched people come and go, moderators rise and fall, I've watched this place change over the years, and I am more familiar with the in's and out's of WZ than many of you could likely fathom. Do not take my short tenure posting as any indicator that I am "Too New".

Furthermore, do not be fooled with my short tenure here as a poster into believing that I am new to this game in general, as if I lack experience overall to do this kind of thing. I have been a moderator and administrator on other forums, I have been posting on forums like this for many many years honing my craft, and I am putting myself and my well developed services out there for the betterment of this forum that I have held in high regard for years and years. I now have the opportunity to contribute to WZ in the way that I have always wanted to contribute, and that is by helping improve it in any way possible

Some of the ways I seek to improve the Non-Spam Wrestling section and the forum as a whole are as follows:

First, I would be most active in the non-spam wrestling section, but would also make a visible effort to contribute greatly to ALL sections, making good threads and posts to attract members and drive discussions. I believe any valid candidate will contribute everywhere, not just their point of interest and assigned section. There are also things like the Annual Wrestlezone Tournament that I would love to help run or innovate, other activities, threads, and sections that the people want to see that I may be able to bring into fruition, and I would also work hard to keep things organized, tidy, and spam free with the other moderators of the section to help lighten their load, and keep or make it the best section on the forum.

Secondly, I want to make myself more accessible than most moderators by starting a thread that acts as a kind of "Letters to the Editor" type section where people can come and voice their grievances, give their ideas for changes and improvements, where they can be debated and discussed, where people can make requests, make inquiries, etc... Threads of this nature already exist to some extent but my idea is to consolidate them into one that is overseen exclusively by a moderator, giving the members more direct and public access to a those in power. Not only will this improve morale in general by giving people a public voice but as I said we can consolidate a number of threads into one, making space for others that people may want to see come into fruition.

I would also like this to act as a place where people can come if they feel they have been wrongfully infracted, had threads removed or relocated, or have issues with other people on the forum so that they can state their case in the matter, have it reviewed, and possibly overturned if the infraction was given in haste without proper consideration or other action being taken first, a thread was moved or taken down when it maybe shouldn't have, or if they are having an issue with someone they would like resolved on a higher level.

Third, I want to level the playing field between long standing members and newer members by making it clear through my enforcement of the rules that all peoples opinions, views, feelings, and contributions count. Under my watch, flaming of people will come under a new level of scrutiny. Debating each other is one thing, hateful and rude remarks towards people is another thing and would not be tolerated, especially from people who feel they can talk people down and make them feel stupid because they have a higher post count, monster rep, and don't like what someone else has to say.

This will come to a screeching halt with my eyes on the threads and I would not allow any abuse of this as I will give each case special attention and act impartially. I want everyone to be encouraged to speak out and give their ideas, opinions, views, and feelings on any given discussion without fear of being made fun of, being treated unfairly, or having to worry about people attacking them for their views being different.

Fourth, I want you all to know that I will take this position with humility and honor, respecting the position I am given, the responsibility that comes with it, and the conduct that should be upheld as a representative of the staff. This is a key reason that I feel others are unfit to hold any modicum of power; because they display an inability to behave respectfully, take it seriously, and through their dishonorable conduct, threaten to make the staff look worse in the eyes of the members than they already do in some cases. Some of these candidates feel entitled to a position of power because "they are so great, and they have a flock of sheep who say so". I beg to differ.

I want to change that view and perspective of the staff by being a moderator of the people, for the people, by the people. I'm not going to turn into an asshole, freak out with what little power I have, or try to become the great dictator. I simply want to help improve the site and serve it's people which is something I think separates me from other candidates, mainly in other parties.

All I need is the support of you, and when it comes primaries time, I can take it to the other candidates. I am the underdog that can win the fight, and that will fight for you most importantly. I don't simply want to sit on high in a position of power and celebrate my own greatness. I want to be in a position of power to celebrate the greatness of YOU THE PEOPLE who make this the best forum on the internet, and swing things back in your direction, giving you some power back, making you able to speak your voice more loudly and clearly, and to have it heard and responded to. If I may say so, it seems apparent to me that SlyFox and Klunderbunker see it that way as well since they have made this election, giving you the power to elect someone that sits more inline with your views, and they should be commended for that as well. I can do the job, I want it, and I am for you. Let it be shown that post count, reputation, and groups of fanboys don't count nearly as much as motivation, passion, and the right ideals.

Haven't you heard tdigle? This party is too tightly knit to implode. Nothing says "community" like a group of relative strangers all trying to get the same thing when only one of them can have it.

As opposed to the collective hive mind of the David French Party? Not our fault nobody in that party has any ambition. Our party is about improving Wrestlezone. The David French Party is about doing nothing but stroking Coco's ego.

As opposed to the collective hive mind of the David French Party? Not our fault nobody in that party has any ambition. Our party is about improving Wrestlezone. The David French Party is about doing nothing but stroking Coco's ego.

Not to mention that most of us, while perhaps real life strangers, respect and like each other due to these forums. I wouldn't doubt if many of the Frenchers are members either out of fear of Coco or the misconception that he was a "lock" so they might as well support him. Unfortunately, that is a fallacy as our party is the biggest so it's not like he has some overwhelming stranglehold on wrestlezone. Not by a long shot he doesn't.

With all due respect, JGlass, I think you have totally missed the point of The ABC Party. Sure, several of us want to win this thing, myself included, but if the ultimate goal of the ABC Party pans out the way I hope, I will consider it a victory, even if I am not fortunate enough to become the next mod.

Simply put, I would like to be the one to win the primary for our party and ultimately face Coco and Crock head to head. Frankly, I think I am the best choice to be the one to do it, no disrespect to my teammates. But even if it isn't me, I would gladly support Dagger, or Killjoy, or Slinger, or MTM, because I think they are better candidates than the alternatives elsewhere, and would make better mods. I will fully endorse either of these guys if it isn't my time yet, and I will be perfectly happy with the outcome, and that's the truth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back