Talk to Spidey Thread

Come back. I'll give you candy.

Don't have the extra time right now even if I was ready to come back. But between no time and no idea what to do with Lexi (cause I refuse to give up on her), it's not in the cards right now.

Perhaps sometime in the future. What type of candy are we talking here though?

Also I suppose since I'm here I'll ask you some questions.

Since we were talking Pokemon recently...

What's your favorite original pokemon? As in from the first 151.

What's your all-time favorite pokemon?

Favorite starter pokemon?

What type of pokemon do you like to keep in your starting 6?

Don't have the extra time right now even if I was ready to come back. But between no time and no idea what to do with Lexi (cause I refuse to give up on her), it's not in the cards right now.

I understand, compadre. I find it odd they highlight compadre as if it was spelled wrong. It's not. Fuck the system.

Perhaps sometime in the future. What type of candy are we talking here though?

M&Ms. I want Lexi, but not as much as Amber Warren or Dr. Zeus. They get the Snickers Ice Cream bar. :p

Also I suppose since I'm here I'll ask you some questions.

Since we were talking Pokemon recently...

What's your favorite original pokemon? As in from the first 151.

What's your all-time favorite pokemon?

Let me tell you about my favorite of all time, who is of the 1st generation. His name is Meowth. No, not that babbling mafia cat Team Rocket for some reason keeps around. The one from that episode called "Our Hero Meowth". That little kitty sonovabitch kicked a boulder in half. Right the hell in half. Like he was playing Fruit Ninja. Ever since I watched that episode as a little kid I always go hunting for wild Meowths in the games. Dude is pretty cool, and can learn Bubblebeam and Thunder. He's a menace.

Favorite starter pokemon?

Squirtle. Yeah, usually the answer would be Charmander I know. But I also look at it as if your starter pokemon were in the real world. I'd like to have him out now and then and not worry if it rains (like I would with Charmander) and he's much more versatile than Bulbasaur. I can Surf on his back. All majestic-like. And when he evolves I'll get a pokemon and a gun.

Yeah, Gen 1 is the only era of pokemon that I particularly enjoyed if you haven't noticed, lol.

What type of pokemon do you like to keep in your starting 6?

Zapdos. The one pokemon that can take out the Starters with ease. When I make a team, I keep rarity and ability to beat real pokemon players in mind. My 6 usually get swapped around a bit, but I always keep Zapdos. That and if I was ever a Gym leader, I think I'd use Flying types.

Squirtle. Yeah, usually the answer would be Charmander I know.

I'm a Squirtle guy too but Charmander was a close second. I chose the Water starter in every gen other than in 3rd, I picked the Fire one initially. 4th is the last one I played although Fennekin would be my choice if I got the gen he was in due to the resemblance to Papillon dogs.

Yeah, Gen 1 is the only era of pokemon that I particularly enjoyed if you haven't noticed, lol.

1st is the best by far. 2nd was good, 3rd took a big step back for me, 4th was a step in the right direction again but after that I retired from Pokemon. I had all 151 in Blue, all 251 in Gold, and all 493 in Diamond. That plus an undefeated tag team of Mewtwo and Rayquaza who at the time (2007?) could take out every single type due to their move-set when together in a double battle. I've since stayed retired from the series. The main thing you've missed is cool new Eevee forms.

Zapdos. The one pokemon that can take out the Starters with ease. When I make a team, I keep rarity and ability to beat real pokemon players in mind. My 6 usually get swapped around a bit, but I always keep Zapdos. That and if I was ever a Gym leader, I think I'd use Flying types.

Zapdos is awesome. My Summoner in one of my current D&D campaigns has a familiar which is a thunder bird named Zapdos!

Ok so question of my own.... have you liked that I've tried to incorporate parodies of various video games in recent RP's to help show Theron's fandom of console gaming that until recently never got addressed before despite having been in my application?

1st is the best by far. 2nd was good, 3rd took a big step back for me, 4th was a step in the right direction again but after that I retired from Pokemon. I had all 151 in Blue, all 251 in Gold, and all 493 in Diamond. That plus an undefeated tag team of Mewtwo and Rayquaza who at the time (2007?) could take out every single type due to their move-set when together in a double battle. I've since stayed retired from the series. The main thing you've missed is cool new Eevee forms.

If you want to jump back in, Black and White were awesome. They were probably my favorites and I've played everything but Gen 4

Ok so question of my own.... have you liked that I've tried to incorporate parodies of various video games in recent RP's to help show Theron's fandom of console gaming that until recently never got addressed before despite having been in my application?

Yes. Taking bits of geek culture here and there and adding it to your ballad of a story is pretty cool. Easier for people to get in to the Theron character I think.

When are you coming back to the podcast you jerk!

When I get something to drink.

M&Ms. I want Lexi, but not as much as Amber Warren or Dr. Zeus. They get the Snickers Ice Cream bar. :p

No deal.

Let me tell you about my favorite of all time, who is of the 1st generation. His name is Meowth. No, not that babbling mafia cat Team Rocket for some reason keeps around. The one from that episode called "Our Hero Meowth". That little kitty sonovabitch kicked a boulder in half. Right the hell in half. Like he was playing Fruit Ninja. Ever since I watched that episode as a little kid I always go hunting for wild Meowths in the games. Dude is pretty cool, and can learn Bubblebeam and Thunder. He's a menace.

I always liked Meowth. I love pokemon that can learn different style moves because it makes them so much more useful.

Squirtle. Yeah, usually the answer would be Charmander I know. But I also look at it as if your starter pokemon were in the real world. I'd like to have him out now and then and not worry if it rains (like I would with Charmander) and he's much more versatile than Bulbasaur. I can Surf on his back. All majestic-like. And when he evolves I'll get a pokemon and a gun.

I love Squirtle. I usually pick him because it allows me to not to have to worry about having another strong water type and it covers me later for the Surf HM. Plus he can learn ice moves and those are helpful against Dragon type when like nothing else is. Used to always pick Charmander though. Tempted to pick Bulbasaur if/when I play one of the original versions again though because I never have and I LOVE using the Poison and Sleep powders.

Well it is the best.

I prefer Articuno over the other 2 legendary birds. When I beat Yellow a few months ago it was because of Articuno making those dragon pokemon it's bitch with Ice Beam and Blizzard.

I haven't played the 3rd generation in forever but I seem to remember loving it. What was so bad about Ruby and Sapphire? I know one reason I'm in desperate search of a way to play one of those is because of the 2 on 2 battle. I thought that was a great new thing for the series.

If you want to jump back in, Black and White were awesome. They were probably my favorites and I've played everything but Gen 4

Do Black and White feature 2 on 2 battle? Also is there a way to play either without 3DS? I wanna try those but don't feel like buying a 3DS just for that.

Interesting. Might have to see if there's a cheap way to get my hands on that.

fSymsOGXO5tbbjd5pSHr2xm8_500.jpg

Your turn since you asked me.... Thoughts on our 5th edition D&D game so far?

I've been a part of campaigns that I knew would lead to everyone killing each other, but never have I been so sure it will happen with us XD No but seriously I enjoy these band of characters. I don't particularly care for the ultra serious gaming several are. I'm glad we can go from having a bar room brawl to a circle jerk in less than an hour. Keeps it interesting.

Plot twist: Hulk Dogan's piss could have killed the dire rats with ease.

That was totally different than I expected you to do when you told me you had a surprise planned with Lexi. Just wanted to say that.

Also you've made me miss writing Lexi even more.

I don't particularly care for the ultra serious gaming several are. I'm glad we can go from having a bar room brawl to a circle jerk in less than an hour. Keeps it interesting.

Definitely. The chaotic campaigns are a fun change of pace from the super-serious ones. My DM in 3.5 finally decided to run an evil campaign, so many character ideas in mind.... If he green lights two ideas in particular at the moment, it'll be a blast. Think Kirilah but evil, in one of these two cases. :D

Plot twist: Hulk Dogan's piss could have killed the dire rats with ease.

[YOUTUBE]kdhhQhqi_AE[/YOUTUBE]

Then bring Lexi back.... :) She was by far my favorite character of yours.

That was totally different than I expected you to do when you told me you had a surprise planned with Lexi. Just wanted to say that.

I wanted to write a Lexi return, but I couldn't really think of a goofy enough scenario for her while also working with that heel idea I tell you on Skype at least 20 times a week. That and I thought a ghost in All-Stars might be funnier.

Write for Lexi. Don't give a damn about votes or whatever. She deserves to pop in- especially with the roster as low as it is. Find a face character, team up, and go nuts in the tag division.

Definitely. The chaotic campaigns are a fun change of pace from the super-serious ones. My DM in 3.5 finally decided to run an evil campaign, so many character ideas in mind.... If he green lights two ideas in particular at the moment, it'll be a blast. Think Kirilah but evil, in one of these two cases. :D

Never played a villain campaign. Almost did with Warhammer 40k, but the GM made it so damn boring. Still hold out hope to find a group that's willing to run with one of interest.

Reminds me of this one campaign I played in. I was an Anubian Bard and one of the party members died. I forget what class the other player was, but he used the dead party member as a weapon and continued to do so for the rest of the game.

I feel this game will trump that down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back