Tales of The Forum

TM starting using real names on the forums. X was particularly miffed by this and considered it 'creepy'. He (TM) took this forum way too seriously. Those group chats on MSN were kinda funny though.

Nothing would be creepier than TM telling me and Cookie that he was naked as we were talking to him on MSN. Holy fuck that dude has problems.

From what I understand, and I very well could be wrong on a lot of this, TM and a bunch of people talked on MSN and decided to rep each other and leave glowing comments so the mods would see them and put those people on staff. What they didn't realize was only G-Mods and higher could read those comments and no one ever did so.

I'm pretty sure this was in the days before Sly broke the rep system, and the comments were public for all to see.

On an unrelated note; something I've often wondered... what exactly is the problem with me wanting to set up a second account? It's treated as being super-duper against the rules, but I can't for the life of me tell why its actually wrong.

I'm pretty sure this was in the days before Sly broke the rep system, and the comments were public for all to see.

On an unrelated note; something I've often wondered... what exactly is the problem with me wanting to set up a second account? It's treated as being super-duper against the rules, but I can't for the life of me tell why its actually wrong.

That might be true. The same point about the mods not reading them still applies in either case, and if they did read them no one cared.

I created an account called RealSlimShady or something and forgot the password, so I created Mr. Lariato instead... of course it was perma-banned, and I managed to get in touch with KB, who unbanned Mr. Lariato and allowed me on the forums. So blame KB... lol.

Lee once thought I was a PRH alt. I have yet to clarify if I am or not. I like to let his imagination run wild.

The shitstorm of the forum election, the password lockout leading to us needing to make several alts to unlock our original accounts, the Sid, FTS and Game Rage meltdowns, IC making Doc mod while drunk, the various pissings in WZCW, particularly the Coco shoot and of course the admin prank.

That game in the tournament was incredibly depressing. At least IU looked better against Kentucky than anyone else.

That they did. Louisville tried to hang with us, but not as long as IU did. That buzzer beater ruined my night though. And I knew the buzzer beater was going in when he caught the ball, too. I got up and left the TV when it went up. :banghead:

I'll say the same thing I always say about rep gate. They all became moderators pretty soon afterwards.

The Monkey thing wasn't a sustained period of people chatting shit about him, it was when he came to the bar room and started being a complete tool and announcing to a wrestling forum that his girlfriend left him so he was going to kill himself. Presumably, the people in the board room took the piss out of him, much like the people in the bar room. And he saw it, much like he saw the abuse in the bar room.

I recall one day maybe 2 years ago now that Prisoners could for one day see the tab for the Board Room but couldn't enter it. Usually around the time tournaments are posted prisoners have slightly different viewing options and I recall seeing the board room one day and was rather surprised.

I liked when Doc or Lee would play Division Blade.

I actually still do streams of it for AES from time-to-time. I'm considering doing a proper Let's Play of it for SomethingAwful, because I think it's basically the funniest bad game I've ever played.

This thread has brought back plenty of memories. I had forgotten about TM until a little while ago when I was talking to Showtime about WZCW on Skype, and then all the memories came flooding back.

As for Rep-Gate/MSN-gate, since KB has his facts mixed up:

Repgate: TM and some other posters all rep each other to get TM to the top of the ranks in order to make him a mod. I believe this was during the start of my time so I wasn't really around for it, but that's the long and short of it. There's something about them thinking Becca was useless in there, as well.

MSN-gate: TM talked to a lot of people on MSN and would sometimes imitate other users using their real names and personal information. One such happening was him pretending to be Slyfox to me, using his real name. He'd also sometimes send pictures of users to people on MSN, playing "Guess The User". He also found out NSL's parents' address. Anyway, shortly after I became mod, Slyfox found out about TM's impersonation of him, and at least on the surface it looked like things blew up between them, TM said something about not wanting to be on staff anymore, and if I'm remembering correctly IC asked him if he was sure and then TM didn't respond for a week and was never seen again.

To be honest, I'd rather not remember most of the things I was involved in back in the day. I was a stupid teenager. A very stupid teenager.

If there was one thing I would make sure no one forgot it would be the time JKO emailed a scan of his school ID to xfear, proving that he was, in fact, 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back