Talent Rotation

mr_dna

Pre-Show Stalwart
I just saw the video up with Punk and how much more healthier he looks and relaxed and it got me thinking so hear me out and tell me your opinions.....

WWE Has Plenty of Talent and we do get a little tired of the same main events ... Cena V Orton , Cena V Brock... DB v Orton etc . But with the coming of new main event stars and part time main event as well as current main event stars i think a rotation could work for them to have time off and rest and stop them getting burned out and injured so often and pissed off with the work load

Main Event Players: Cena,Orton,Kane,DB,Roman,Batista,Y2J,Brock,Sheamus,Big Show, Mark Henry,HHH

Nearly Main Evnt :Wyatt,Miz,Cesaro,Swagger, Rollins

So with all them capable of main event-ing and having mostly good match's and feuds surely it would be a good idea to rotate and have them take time off 3months say ... they could easily lose 2 at a time and not suffer and mid-card can be the same especially with NXT talent close to breaking into the main roster

**No trolls please this is my opinion which i am entitled to and if you disagree say so below **​

Wishful thinking..I honestly don't see that happening til Vince dies..After Vince dies, who knows? Maybe we'll get what Jesse Ventura was lobbying for all along in the 80s when he was in the WWF..Healthcare for wrestlers, off-season, wrestler's union, etc..

Well, I don't know, that's kind of what they're doing for RVD and he was somewhat of an established main-event player. Why not just add more guys? Not necessarily for 3-4-5 months at a time, obviously, but how much better and fresher would the main events be if guys like Orton, Cena, Kane, etc. took off just a month or so at a time?

To a point i would agree.. but imo
you would get to much of lets say:

month 1

Cena V orton..

Cena takes 2 months of..

So you get

Month 2-3

Kane V Orton...

And look hoes back..
Take orton out put Cena in and go again...
rinse and repeat

I've been saying for a long time now that we need some sort of off season for wrestlers. But in saying that, I realize that storylines would suffer and for some of these guys getting a push, it might momentarily set them back.

I think 1-2 months at a time is too long, considering the amount of PPV's we have per year and the build to each one. I would advocate more for a week every month. That would give them time to rest, relax and let their bodies heal from any injuries they might be suffering from.

We went without Cena on RAW last night, and quite honestly I didn't miss him much. There are more than enough other talent to take over a match or two, plus it might give some of the undercard some air time, that they aren't getting now.

I get bored with seeing the same faces week in and week out, and if I don't have to watch another Cena/Reigns/Orton/Kane match for a week or so, it wouldn't really bother me.

Wrestling unlike baseball, hockey and all the other sports, would suffer greatly from some of these guys taking extended leave's of absence. I know I wouldn't pay to go to a Live event if some of them weren't there. These guys draw in the crowds, and I really can't imagine paying $55.00 not to see a Reigns/Wyatt, Orton/DB match. But I do agree they need time off and the schedule is grueling but how to go about it is something I don't think will be easily worked out. These guys take the job though knowing full well what they are getting into, and so do their families. So they might be part of the problem as well.

So basically, you want a revolving door system pertaining to the main event picture. It's completely impractical and one of the many fantasy booking scenarios that doesn't hold water when actually applied. For one thing, it'd water down the concept of being a main eventer so completely that it honestly wouldn't even matter anymore and that's disastrous. You not only have to have wrestlers in that spot that fans want to see in said spot, you have to have wrestlers who're able to consistently put out what's needed to keep those fans coming back and still wanting to see those wrestlers in that spot. A good example of doing the exact opposite of that was when TNA had Eric Young as TNA WHC. During his 70 day run, TNA drew some of the worst ratings in years, consistently, with Young's matches & segments usually being the least watched part of programming because fans didn't buy into Young as a main event champion due to him being a comedy mid-carder for almost the entire 10+ years he's worked with TNA.

If guys who're put into the main event scene are able to consistently make money, then you don't just pull them out because some fans want somebody different. I get, understand, and agree with the notion that some people are tired of Cena being there, but that's obviously something that doesn't seem to apply to the majority of fans. Otherwise, Cena's merch wouldn't sell, nor would his matches or promo segments draw. At the end of the day, when you check idealism at the door, stop with the fantasy booking scenarios for a bit, especially the ones that don't really make sense, and look at it from the perspective that people like Vince McMahon HAS to....well....like he's said various times in character, "It's all about the money." When all is said & done, it really is about doing what they feel and think is best for business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back