Tag Team/Stable of the Year

• Fourtune

• Immortal

• Kings of Wrestling

• Motor City Machineguns

• Nexus

• Straightedge Society

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can't believe Nexus has gotten two votes already.

Nexus is a one man stable. Wade Barrett alone carries that faction. The only thing anyone else in the stable has to offer is Gabriel's 450 Splash, and personally... I'm not impressed with his version of the move at all. However, it's the only thing outside of Barrett that can receive some sort of pop.

The Motor City Machine Guns should absolutely win here. Their matches this year against Beer Money and The Young Guns are more than enough justification to prove that they are indeed the best tag team in the World right now. Outside of The Kings of Wrestling, no other team on the list has even had any really good matches to being with, and yes... that includes Nexus. Not even Wade Barrett's best singles matches this come close to matching The Motor City Machine Guns work against Beer Money.

Please don't be a WWE mark here... vote for MCMG.

Nexus wins as far as impact goes, but the Guns are by far the better wrestlers and tag team/stable. The Guns are really one of the best things in wrestling today and I can find them more entertaining than Nexus most the time. Not to take anything away from Nexus, it has been one of the best stories all year, but this isn't about the best storyline, it's the best stable/tag team.

Motor City Machine Guns FTW

I agree with Jmt Nexus is a one man stable. Barrett is the only thing that is remotely interesting thing about the Nexus. They should not win this.

The MCMG should win this Award. They have had numerous great matches this whole year Beer Money, Gen Me and they even pulled out a really good match out of the Dudley Boys that is extremely hard to these days which should be good enough to give them the award. Nexus has had not 1 match at the caliber of the MCMG Beer Money matches

MCMG deserves to wins this award but probably will lose to Nexus.

Sorry, but I can't sit back and watch everyone say that Nexus was a "One Man Stable." It obviously wasn't. Their impact on Raw involved SEVEN men destroying the entire show. Months after, their strength was in numbers. Just because Barrett was a breakout star doesn't mean that the stable is no longer a "stable."

MCMG's are a very close second but having good matches in a world of sports "entertainment" doesn't cover enough ground to trump a stable that changed an entire promotion and flagship show in the top wrestling company in the world.

Nexus wins and it's not questionable.

Sorry, but I can't sit back and watch everyone say that Nexus was a "One Man Stable." It obviously wasn't. Their impact on Raw involved SEVEN men destroying the entire show. Months after, their strength was in numbers. Just because Barrett was a breakout star doesn't mean that the stable is no longer a "stable."

MCMG's are a very close second but having good matches in a world of sports "entertainment" doesn't cover enough ground to trump a stable that changed an entire promotion and flagship show in the top wrestling company in the world.

Nexus wins and it's not questionable.

One night of shock value doesn't equal success in my opinion. A stable works as a sole unit. A good stable can act on it's own as well. The Nexus absolutely failed on that last one. The MMG have been consistent from the beginning of the year and still are. All Nexus ever did was beat up a couple of guys, ruin a ring, choke Justin Roberts, anger John Cena and of course get their asses kicked by him on a weekly basis. Even when he was under their command.

One night of shock value doesn't equal success in my opinion. A stable works as a sole unit. A good stable can act on it's own as well. The Nexus absolutely failed on that last one. The MMG have been consistent from the beginning of the year and still are. All Nexus ever did was beat up a couple of guys, ruin a ring, choke Justin Roberts, anger John Cena and of course get their asses kicked by him on a weekly basis. Even when he was under their command.

So even though the stable split off from Wade Barrett with either Otunga or Tarver leading them in order to make attacks or fuel different parts of the angle, that doesn't count? Your theory doesn't make sense to me.

Not to mention they were involved in the top angle on the show. That's a little more than "choking Roberts and attacking a few guys." It revolved around taking over the show and the WWE Championship. It was like the "Immortal" angle on crack.

So even though the stable split off from Wade Barrett with either Otunga or Tarver leading them in order to make attacks or fuel different parts of the angle, that doesn't count? Your theory doesn't make sense to me.
Well it should. When Evolution was around, even though the entire group helped Triple H, they all had their separate agendas while still being one unit. Same with the NWO, The Four Horsemen and such. Acting solely like if the stable's purpose was just to help one guy doesn't seem like a good use of a stable.
Not to mention they were involved in the top angle on the show. That's a little more than "choking Roberts and attacking a few guys." It revolved around taking over the show and the WWE Championship. It was like the "Immortal" angle on crack.
Well, unlike Immortal, The Nexus brutally failed. They never had a significant victory and they never developed outside of Wade Barrett. In the long run, the only thing they'll be remembered for is that one night on Raw. While The Guns will be remembered for their great matches with Beer Money and Generation Me. In my book, that out weighs what The Nexus has done by miles.

Well it should. When Evolution was around, even though the entire group helped Triple H, they all had their separate agendas while still being one unit. Same with the NWO, The Four Horsemen and such. Acting solely like if the stable's purpose was just to help one guy doesn't seem like a good use of a stable.
Well, unlike Immortal, The Nexus brutally failed. They never had a significant victory and they never developed outside of Wade Barrett. In the long run, the only thing they'll be remembered for is that one night on Raw. While The Guns will be remembered for their great matches with Beer Money and Generation Me. In my book, that out weighs what The Nexus has done by miles.

Well I think tag teams and stables should be two seperate categories. I'll go with Nexus though its a close contest with MCMG. The reason I chose Nexus was because they were a main event stable and John Cena, a guy that gets a lot of hate from a certain section of fans, got cheered by everyone because of them.

The MCMG's are a the best tag team today and produce great matches but they haven't been a part of an entertaining storyline like Nexus have.

I honestly don't see how you can vote for anything other than Nexus here. Yes, Nexus is centered around Wade Barrett (and rightfully so), however, they are certainly not a one man faction. Slater & Gabriel are the current tag team champions and can hold their own. Lets not forget that Bryan Danielson and John Cena have to be included in the overall picture that is Nexus, as they both played significant roles at some point. Oh yeah, and Nexus has Husky Harris. I just really like him....

Let's go through these one by one:

Fourtune: Would've been better if they had (rightfully) been the faces in the feud against EV2, or if they had feuded with guys with talent. Now they are taking a backseat to Hardy and Hogan.

Immortal: Meh. The newest attempt to recycle the nWo. That belt is fugly.

MCMG: Finally broke through and became champs, but the TNA tag division isn't what it used to be. They are 3rd for me.

Nexus: My runners up. They have become the main heels on Raw, but between losing half the original group, high levels of suck from Otunga, and lack of much of anything from anyone who isn't British, I can't put them at #1 when they could be so much better.

SES: What a fucking disappointment. CM Punk is the best heel mic worker in wrestling today, and maybe the best overall. But all that the group did was get fed to Rey fucking Mysterio and the Big Show. This group had so much potential but ended up being portrayed as all talk and unable to follow through with action.

And for my winners:

Kings of Wrestling: They reunited at Final Battle '09 and have left a path of destruction behind them ever since. They have beaten the Briscoes, Steen/Corino, Young Bucks (Generation Me), Cabana/Generico, Richards/Daniels, World's Greatest Tag Team, Dark City Fight Club, and are currently in Japan about to challenge for tag titles there. There has been no more dominant tag team in 2010 than the KoW.

For this category, I'm going to vote for the Nexus while holding my nose closed. It stinks that I have to make the choice, but when you have something RAMMED down your throat for the majority of the year, you really can't say they weren't a major part of the year. The criticism is true: Nexus IS a one man group, and of the original seven (Bryan doesn't count), I'm sure Wade Barrett will be the man who holds on to his job the longest by a good margin. WWE stayed with this angle since its inception, and really, the group hasn't made any major strides. The tag team division in WWE is a joke, has been a joke, and probably will continue to be a joke. So, having the tag team titles doesn't stand out as a great victory. Wade Barrett has taken this gimmick and made it work with John Cena. Without Cena and Barrett's involvement, the other pencil necked geeks would have failed miserably.

However, I have to give credit where credit is due. Of all the others mentioned, Nexus stands out, and I have to give them my vote.

A seven man act designed to get only one man over is far less impressive here than an actual team. MCMG for the win.

MCMG gets my vote they have been one of the hottest tag teams in TNA recently.They have finally won the tag titles this year had an amazing feud with Beer Money.People have to remember it says tag team/stable of the YEAR,not half of the year or quarter it says full year.I just hope Nexus dosent win because they are from the WWE.

Very close between Nexus-MCMG...

I'll take Nexus though, they made everyone in that stable future stars or at worst solid mid carders. Everyone showed great potential in that stable, and Barrett made himself a main eventer verry easily. The fact they feuded with the top star in Cena (who is the most popular wrestler today), and built a great lengthy feud between him made them so good. They're the best thing since Evoultion, and if we're talking about bigger stables than since the NWO. The concept between the stable made a lot of sense, their promos were consistently good, and I see guys like Skip, Tarver, Barrett, Gabriel, and Slater all future champions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back