Tag Team of the Year

Discussion in '2009 Wrestling Awards' started by Mr. TM, Dec 10, 2009.

?

Tag Team of the Year

1. Motor City Machine Guns

2. Beer Money, Inc

3. The British Invasion

4. The Beautiful People

5. Team 3D

6. MVP and Henry

7. JeriShow

8. DX

9. Miz and Morrison

10. The Colons

11. Jericho and Edge

12. Legacy

13. The Briscoes

14. American Wolves

15. OTHER (Please Specify)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

Nominees:

Motor City Machine Guns
    Beer Money, Inc
    JeriShow
    Legacy
    The British Invasion
    Team 3D
    DX
    The Colons
    Miz and Morrison
    MVP and Henry
    Edge and Jericho
    The Beautiful People
    The Briscoes
    The American Wolves

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

2. Mr. TM

Mr. TM Throwing a tantrum

This has been the year of JeriShow. You hardly get to see a pair of main eventers use their tag team skills as well as these two did this year. The have beaten some of the best competition while wearing the tag team gold, defeating a team that did nothing with the titles (Although the tag team that won it has changed), It has been Big Show and Jericho that have made people interested in tag team wrestling again. They even made MVP and Henry look like a half decent tag team.

3. kikiros

kikiros Dark Match Jobber

Although they have yet to hold the unified tag titles (they have only had one shot.. a crime), my nod goes to Legacy... The matches at HITC and Breaking Point speak for themselves. They are there, or very close to becoming main event players (depends who you ask), and I personally would have loved to see Ted win the battle royal a couple weeks ago and be headlining this weekend... I think we all would. The breakup/ Orton feud in a couple months is gonna be sweet.

4. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Rear Naked Bloke

Another appalling year for tag teams. Oh well; they're never going to be as good as the singles division, are they?

I gave Beer Money the nod for tag team of the year last year. To do it again would be to acknowledge they have longevity. Call me what you want, I'm not a liar.

The Motor City Machine Guns are still a sight to behold but, big surprise, have done fuck all as a tag team this year. Their match at Genesis against each other was superb but we can't count that as part of their tag team work, surely.

So, I have to give my vote Jerishow. They've given some authority to those belts and are, dare I say, somewhat intimidating. To think, this vote could have very easily gone to Jericho and Edge. Oh, what could have been...

JGlass likes this.
  5. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

JeriShow, and it's not even close. These two have single handedly (???) made the tag team titles in the WWE relevant again. Both of those belts were complete and utter crap, but merging them into one title, with the men holding it, has made them a title worth going after.

This team is a classic, classic WWE formula team. You have the technician that can work the match for long periods of times, and then you have the pure power house that gets the hot tags and absolutely demolishes his opponents. This team has proven to be more then just a tag team of two powerhouses thrown together.

These guys have a charisma and chemistry that is so natural either on the mic, or in the ring. A perfect fit, and there isn't a tag team active today that is fit to be in the same ring as these two.

6. JGlass

JGlass Unregistered User

I would love to vote for MCMG, but I just can't, they haven't done anything memorable enough this year. While Beer Money has accomplished a few things, they don't stand out like...

Jerishow.

I don't like these powerhouse tag teams where they take two guys and stick them together, but at least Jerishow has some synergy. Jericho is the mouthpiece and technical guy who can come in after his opponent is battered and bruised by Show. They have managed to have a very respectable reign, and while I love Y2J, I still root against this team every time they compete because I really want to see them lose. They are having a good reign, and they are doing a good job as heel wrestlers. I have a feeling that their reign is going to end this Sunday at TLC, but I could be wrong.

Unfortunately, there really is no competition for Jerishow, but they are still doing a good job, so my vote goes to them.

7. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

JeriShow, hands down. JeriShow has been among the only relevant teams in pro wrestling this year. Jericho and the Show have given some stability, credibility and prestige to the titles and have actually made the tag teams in the WWE look like viable and credible challengers.

While TNA does have more tag teams, I don't give a crap about any of them. I'd love to vote for the Motor City Machine Guns, but they have been used as absolute shit by TNA this year. Just suddenly tossing them into the TNA tag title scene after having them off of TNA television for most of the year, except to cut a lame promo or get squashed, isn't going to make up for severe misuse. The British Invasion are highly overrated, Beer Money has already done everything there is to do in TNA and they're probably gonna break up soon, The Dudleyz are tired and stale, etc. While TNA has more going on in its tag division overall, I find JeriShow head and shoulders more interesting than what TNA has going on.

Not a great year for tag teams, but JeriShow clearly shines above the rest in my view.

8. codog99

codog99 Dark Match Jobber

Call me crazy, but my vote is for Team 3D. The team won both the New Japan Tag Team Titles and the TNA Tag Team Titles and put on some pretty good matches, including their feud with Beer Money and an great Tag Team match at Bound for Glory.

9. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

I voted for JeriShow. They went from being.... a random last minute team to replace Edge with Big Show after the injury.... to the Unified Tag Team Chapions, and they finally made the tag team belts important again. They are the tag team of 2009 because not only did they get past everyone's low expectations, but have dominated all semester.

10. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

I'm going to go with either 3D or Beer Money because they both have had solid years winning different tag titles in TNA. Jerishow is so overrated as a tag team because of a lot of reasons. How many great matches have they had? Who have they beaten? Random people thrown together and Cryme Tyme. They haven't made those titles relevant one bit and I doubt Jericho and Edge would have done the same either.

11. Blue Chipper

Blue Chipper Shapeshifting Humanoid

I'm going with Jeri-show as well. To think Show was placed on the team to fill in for an injured Edge. It (Show, Jericho) surely clicked.

I agree with others: they made the tag division meaningful (single–handedly). Before Jeri-show, the tag team division was awfully unimportant, and I bet nobody could tell you what was going on. Jeri-show, though, brought interest back in this division, and they did this independently. Their feuds were entertaining, their promos were entertaining, and their matches were entertaining. They easily get my vote.

12. Little Jerry Lawler

I don't understand why everyone is drinking the Jerishow Kool-Aid. How in the hell have they made the tag team division meaningful? Cryme Tyme and the Hart Dynasty have fought 100 times before Jerishow and are still fighting now. Did Jerishow make Cryme Tyme better when they fought? No and I don't believe Jerishow has faced the Hart Dynasty. Legacy has just been an afterthought as of late and now JS are feuding with DX who couldn't give a damn about the titles but will probably win them anyway for no reason at all. Can't forget about Mark Henry and MVP and their failed attempts at midcard superiority. It would have been so good for Cryme Tyme or the Hart Dynasty to win the titles off Jerishow but that's probably not go to happen. Jericho and Big Show have not done anything meaningful to the tag team division. It's the same as it has been and Jericho and Big Show should be seen for what they are- two upper midcarders filling rosters on both shows. Nothing more and nothing less.

13. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

I don't think Jerishow actually made the tag team division meaningful, I doubt that will ever happen again, but that were certainly the most relevant and interesting tag team of this year. Jericho is just awesome and has been on a roll on the mic and in the ring over the past year or two. Big Show plays his role as a monster perfectly, which leads to the solid formula of a team with a witty jackass and bodyguard to back him up.

I don't get the complaints about Jerishow being a "random pairing." Isn't that what most tag teams are? They have to start somewhere, and it doesn't really matter how it happens, it's about what they do when they are together.

Also, there weren't many other good choices this year at all. Pretty much all TNA tag teams suck at the moment, Miz/Morrison were hardly together this year, the Colons were decent; but not together that long, DX is just annoying, MarkVP is complete shit, and I can't be arsed into looking up those other teams.

14. Xtreme_Animlas2314

Xtreme_Animlas2314 Pre-Show Stalwart

Before I even finish reading the names on the list I knew who I was going to go with but it was a tie between three other teams though. I had hint on who everyone else was voting for which I wasn’t surprise who was winning the race though. I still don’t think that Jerishow isn’t that great of a team as Beer Money, Inc, Legacy, Team 3D, The Briscoes, and DX. Even though 3D or The Briscoes aren’t one of my choices, but they are better then Jerishow to me. I just don’t see the big deal with this team like everyone is making though. Its just my opinion!

15. RVDgurl

RVDgurl Mrs. Danielson

My god... there are 2, yes 2, ROH tag teams in the category!! :)

Obviously I had to decide who was going to get my vote out of these 2 great teams. The Briscoes are my favorite tag team, however, the American Wolves are so damn good. The Wolves get my vote here for their absolute destruction of the ROH tag team division. Davey Richards is just flawless in the ring and since being placed in this tag team has shown some tremendous personality and skill on the mic. He has also been a tremendous mentor to Eddie Edwards who has improve vastly in the ring and on the mic since being paired with Richards.

IrishCanadian25 likes this.
  16. ouhurricane619

ouhurricane619 Dark Match Jobber

i gotta go with jerishow as well. Not only have they held the unified tag titles for the past half year, but they have also given the belts back a little bit of credibility. They have beaten many other tag teams including some of the other nominees, so they have my vote for best tag team of the year.

17. simonz43

simonz43 Dark Match Jobber

Its pretty obvious that we all seem to agree JeriShow gets this. And how could they not, weather people realized it or not, this has really brought some prestige to the Tag Titles again. And its been great for the career of both Show and Jericho. Jericho has been great, and people are starting to take Show seriously. It works great, weather people want to admit it or not.

18. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

I haven't been a fan in nearly 10 years, but Team 3D had a great year. Or at least a great 6 months. But they did it in TNA, a promotion where everything is shit. They put on quality matches, although against opponents they've faced too many times, cut intresting promos and generally been more entertaining than anybody else in tag wrestling.

19. Little Jerry Lawler

What prestige has been brought to the titles? It would have been better if they were putting on great matches which they haven't. Jericho and Show had nothing to do so they won the tag team titles. Now that DX has won, they will both go back to midcard mediocrity. Jericho will be in a better position because he's on Smackdown. If they would have lost the belts to Legacy, Cryme Tyme, or Hart Dynasty maybe I would be inclined to agree.

20. simonz43

simonz43 Dark Match Jobber

I just see it like this, yeah, they took to upper mid-card guys, threw them together, and they are champs. But I don't believe the team has been a complete fail, if anything, the opposite. I do remember hearing what a lot of people thought before the match with MVP and Henry, and that's that they thought the titles were going to change. Even if that was just a thrown together team also, they looked pretty good going in. And before the title match with Cryme Tyme, who looked good winning singles matches over Jericho, and I think Show as well... but IMO, Cryme Tyme is a joke, and It is a shame that we never saw the Hart Dynasty, but maybe we will with DX now holding them. I think the big problem wasn't even that those teams lost, just that the WWE dropped them after they were done with them. What have either of them done since?

I wouldn't say they have beaten nobody. And isn't every person who holds a title in the WWE supposed to be the best, and as a team they are. I honestly think a lot of people just say the team didn't work because the Tag Team division is broken, and I agree, but I think JeriShow was the best thing that could have happened to the titles this year, as for the division... Thats a whole different story.

21. HBK-aholic

HBK-aholic Shawn Michaels ❤

It was a very tough choice between DX and Jerishow. DX have entertained me week after week, and I almost chose them solely for the segment where Shawn returned - truly one of my favourite ever segments. However, Jerishow have been on top recently - more so than any other team. They surprisingly work really well together, and the look of them only adds to this illusion of them being great. They've had some good matches and brought credibility to the division, while DX have been feuding with Hornswoggle, which is why I went for Jerishow.

22. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Jerishow have been pretty good, but they haven't been around the whole year. They injected some life into the WWE Tag Team scene, but people still bitch about it, so they can't have done enough. TNA has got an equally lacklustre tag division, but it is perceived as good thanks to the work of two teams: The Motor City Machine Guns and Beer Money. Of those, only Beer Money have been consistently in the title hunt, so I'm going with them.

23. Ytoojae

Ytoojae Occasional Pre-Show

I knew JeriShow would get the votes and I'm a big fan (kudos to them) but I gave my vote to a permanent tag-team Beer Money Inc.

I thoroughly enjoy their work.

24. Motor City Jeezy

Motor City Jeezy A self-proclaimed Kenny Omega mark

Although MCMG hasn't done much in the last few months, I still voted for them. No one puts on a show quite like they do. They've held both the TNA Tag Team championships as well as the IWGP Jr. Tag Team championships. Their chemistry is insane when they're together.

Beer Money and American Wolves would be my next choices. I'd like to think that the Hart Dynasty will be winning this award next year. Hopefully.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.