• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tag-Team of the Decade - 1980's

Best Tag-Team of the 80's

• Brain Busters

• British Bulldogs

• Bushwhackers

• Demolition

• Hart Foundation

• Mega Bucks

• Mega Powers

• Power and Glory

• Powers of Pain

• Rhythm and Blues

• Road Warriors

• Rockers

• Strike Force

• Twin Towers

• OTHER

Results are only viewable after voting.

WWEWrestleFest

Pre-Show Stalwart
I had to steal Ruthless-RKO's idea. The 90's were a great time for wrestling, but the tag-team division was never better than in the 80's. So which 80's team do you think was the best?

road warriors all the way. they crushed so many opponents in the 80's it was insane. thats why today teams still get compared to them. it took the dudleys a long time to reach what the road warriors did and few have gained legendary status as a dominant tag team like hawk\animal. even uf u arent a fan u know who they are when u see the spiked shoulder-pads walking ur way...

Road Warriors/Legion of Doom were the best obviously, but the Rockers were pretty awesome and innovative for the time, I remember thinking back then that I had never seen anything like them before. And where on this list are the Killer Bees? How can you not include them? They are top 3 for sure. Also worth a mention are Barry Windham and Mike Rotunda.

I was personally always partial to both Demolition and the Road Warriors. I guess it was that "KISS" look that both teams had. This was a hard choice but I gave the nod to Demolition because of their awesome feuds with Strike Force, the Hart Foundation, the British Bulldogs, the Brainbusters, and the Colossal Connection.

Road Warriors all the way as far as presence, they would have to go down as one of the greatest of all time. and could easily wipe the floor with The Dudleyz who get the most title reigns of all time.

followed by The Brain Busters who i consider a great technical team and one of the best heel teams of all time

Hart Foundation were great but only cause of Bret Hart IMO.

What about the Collosal Connection they were tag team champs even if it was only transitional to turn Andre back to a face.

Would also be hard to debate the Mega Powers, even though they weren't together long and never won a Tag Title, Savage and Hogan were arguably the 2 top names in the time when they were a team.

But yeah Road Warriors all the way as a team

the road warriors are an obvious choice here...they dominated every promotion they went to....but the hart foundation always holds a soft spot for me....with the unmatchable technical ability in the ring with the speed and ring savvy of the hitman and the brute power of the anvil...along with 2 world championships....you cant go wrong with alot of these teams.....but its the pink and black attack for me

Hart Foundation legendary feuds of the 80s seems like they were involved in them all. Number 2 Demolition and Number 3 The Rockers or Strikeforce. 4th would be Killer Bees.
I can't rate LOD because I didn't see them till they joined the wwf in the 90s and feuded with Nasty Boys, Natural Disasters, and Money Inc.

I reckon the Road Warriors, but in the vote you missed a few tag teams like the 4 horseman Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson who were a great tag team in the eighties who also I believe went over the Road Warriors at a Starrcade. You also forgot the Rock n Roll Express and The Midnight Express but oh well it goes to the Road Warriors with the Hart Foundation.

Crap I meant to say withthe Hart Foundation 2nd.

It has to be the Road Warriors all the way. Everywhere they went they took the gold and dominated eveyone. Hell, they were so influental that there are two Road Warrior clones on this list, Demolition and the Poweres of Pain.

As for who I would pick as number 2, we have a glaring omission from the List. The Steiner Bros were a great tag team. Held WCW and WWE as well as the Japan tag team belts. The array of suplexes they used, the top rope bulldog off of scotts shoulders, and the first hurnacarana I saw done in the US, the Franensteiner.

A couple of other teams that are missing on this list that should have been on it are the Rock & Roll Express, the Midnight Express, and the Freebirds.

I'd give it to the (Midnight) Rockers, Michaels and Jannetty. Their accolades don't show it because HBK's prospects as a breakout star broke the team up before they could achieve Road Warrior esque numbers, but he quality of their matches was nothing short of superb. In AWA, they had some impressive matches with the Midnight Express and Badd Company. When they eventually got to WWF full time, their series of matches with the Hart Foundation were some of the best tag team matches I have ever seen. Other notable feuds of their occured with the likes of Demolition, The Orient Express, The Fabulous Rogueau Bros, and the Bolsheviks. So one can definately make a case for these guys being one of the, if not THE top tandem in the 80s, so thats what I'll do.

I have to be consistent...I firmly believe that the Legion of Doom/Road Warriors are the greatest tag team to have ever lived...and the 1980s was the decade that they wreaked the most havoc. As good as the Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs and the other tag teams mentioned were, for me, there is Animal and Hawk, and then everyone else.

I do have to admit I was kinda surprised the Fabulous Freebirds, Rock & Roll Express and Midnight Express were left off, as others noted as well, and where are the Killer Bees? (I am assuming that the Brain Busters, as Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard is doing double duty, since the Horsemen aren't listed. (It's obviously a WWF centric list)

My favorite Tag-Team of All-Time is the Hart Foundation.

As for who I think is the best Team of the 80's. It's between The Road Warriors, and a team that I haven't seen a lot of people talk about, The Midnight Express.

There were probably 3 versions of the Team, and they were always dominant.

The 80's was the greatest period of Tag-Team Wrestling of all-time, IMO.

I could name about 20 amazing Tag-Teams that could qualify for being Team of the Decade. I didn't even mention The British Bulldogs, Rock N Roll Express, or Demolititon.

This posting, based on the checklist, seems to favor WWF teams really, so in that light I am going to say Demolition simply based on their multiple championship reigns in what was, arguably, the best era of tag team wrestling. The late '80's WWF roster was literally stacked with a "who's who" of tag teams, and Demolition was the team to beat. Technically, the Hart Foundation was the better team, but I think greatness is rated in terms of championships so Demolition wins. The Rockers (Midnight Rockers) were exciting, but only had the AWA tag titles (twice, on a crappy roster) to show for it. Now, if you want to talk '80's teams in all of wrestling, how can you go against the Road Warriors? They won the AWA and NWA tag titles (WWF tag title in '91), won the Crockett Cup, and pretty much beat everyone there was. Honorable mention to the Midnight Express and Rock 'N' Roll Express, who had some of the greatest matches ever, and to Arn & Tully, who are simply the masters of the tag team match. This is a great debate, but I think we all can agree that we miss this era greatly.

well, most peoples favorite tag team are probaby the road warriors / l.o.d., they are at the top of most peoples list of all time best tag teams. although my fav. all time tag team are the british bulldogs. too bad the bulldogs didn't win more tag titles, they should've won more.

I went with Demolition here...Ax and Smash (not Crush!)

Demolition had that Mad Maxx and the Thunderdome feel. I was not exposed to the Road Warriors until they came to WWF. So, Demolition (while maybe created to be WWF's version of The Road Warriors) does it for me.

Ax and Smash had successful runs and title reigns as both heels and faces. They also cut great promos and had that badass quality.

I was a huge fan of the Demolition finisher. I can still see Smash dropping of off the second rope with his elbow into the chest of the prone opponent, laying across Ax's knee. I think that Demolition could have been even greater if Bill Eadie (Ax) hadn't had his heart troubles. Ax had an allergic reaction that led to his heart stopping...a very serious issue. The decision was made to be safe and put him out to pasture. I can't really argue with this because I don't really know the full truth.

Anyway, Demolition also had a great theme song. I believe it was by Rick Derringer. Check it out...it still gets my blood pumping today!

I loved LOD as a kid and they were dominant the entire decade of the 80s, so I'm gonna say them along with a bunch of others on this thread. They were and still are the definition of a tag team and also just looked like legit badasses. They got a pretty darn good pop for a tag team and though they weren't as technical as the Harts, they made up for it for having one of the best tag team finishers in the Doomsday Device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back