Survivor 35 - Hunter vs. Hearst vs. Helmsley

Da Prophet

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Somebody had to make the joke about the name of the season.

For anybody that doesn't know, Final Four has a new format.

In Season 35, the winner of the Final Four Immunity Challenge will not only guarantee their spot at the Final Tribal Council, but they will also have the power to choose one other person to join them. The two castaways not chosen will then battle it out in a fire-making challenge with the winner advancing to the Final Three. This means the last proper vote-off will take place at the Final Five.

I'm not into this season (looks like nobody else here is either). I was following the Australian version this year which just ended and it was possibly the best Survivor season I have ever watched. This US season just seems so shit in comparison.

Anyway... Ryan is the absolute worst and Alan was my favorite. Sucks Alan is gone so soon. Desi was who I picked to win before the season started but now I am not so sure.

I watched season 1 of Australian Survivor and got burnt by how they had a twist every fucking episode. I hate that American Survivor feels to need to do that stuff post-merge, you know, the best part of the entire game and Aus Survivor knocked it up to 20 in their first go around.

I powered through all four episodes the other day, it's very meh. The season is very much a classic post All-Stars season in that it falls off a cliff. Still, it's got some legs to it.

The guy who looks like a thinner Ben Shapiro is clearly winning the season.

Yeah the 2017 AUS season is much better than last year, mainly because the cast is better. It still has stupid twists though.

The twists on this season are so odd. These powers that are good for one tribal and you must send the "advantage" to the losing tribes. With the tribes so small I think a vote canceling twist given at random is way too overpowered.

I wish US survivor would go back to 2 tribes. There isn't much wiggle room for feuding alliances within tribes anymore when there are only 5 or 6 people on each tribe.

Why they stuck with three tribes is beyond me. The best season was the season the all star season that started with 2, went to 3 and then back to 2 before the merge. Completely shuffled everyone and led to alot more mini alliances as opposed to one majority

Least enjoyable season in recent memory. I'm not sure why. It's cool that Adam Driver agreed to do the show but he is not that interesting and I don't think he's used the force once. Otherwise, everyone feels like they were picked because they reminded the producers of a previous cast member that was much more interesting and popular. Plus each show just feels like a rerun.

As always with Survivor the strength of the show lies in the episodes after the merge but so far this season hasn't offered much, or at least much that I feel like I haven't seen before.

I'm gonna blame Trump.

This season is okay but nobody is really a huge standout as a great player. I like Allie (however she spells her name) and the blonde who found the advantage last week, they seem like potential winners based off their play so far.

Just count how many times Ryan and especially Chrissy say the phrase "in this game" in any one episode.

I can't afford to make enemies in this game
I need to do what's good for me in this game
Moving forward in this game, I need to --

There is something so shallow about this season and this cast, but I don't know what it is. I agree that everybody seems like a knockoff of a previous, more popular, contestant.

All of the wildcards leaving so early like Alan, Patrick, Simone, and even Ali to an extent is probably what is killing this. The 'logical' players banding together to get out the emotional wrecks does not make for good reality TV.

I think we'll get one good episode next week solely because of the post merge scramble, the lines will be drawn and that'll be all she wrote. You have a couple of good characters in this season but they're surrounded by shit. Ben, Joe and JP (with a bit of work) could all be decent players in a good season. I still have hopes for Devon not being shit

I've been watching Survivor since China, but I think for the first time I am gonna quit on a season.

This whole cast this year is just so unlikable. I have absolutely no one I want to vote for. I somewhat like Joe, but even he isn't anything special.

Can't stand Cochran/Ryan or Chrissy/Dawn. Don't care for the redneck either. Everybody else has no personality and isn't memorable for me whatsoever. I am usually great with names but I can't remember half of this casts names. They're all so boring.

I don't know if it was the casting, or the editing, or just me, but this season is just completely turning me off.

I kinda want to wait until Joe gets voted off, but even then I kinda don't want to wait.

This season has been a chore. Like oh man I have to watch Survivor. Ironically I've been way better this season about looking up who went home before I watch it on my DVR over the weekend, but maybe that's just because I'm so apathetic about it.

Cochran and Dawn will probably both make it to the end and win with the redneck because those are the three I hate. But yeah I think I'm gonna bag this season and try again on the next one. I'll still follow who goes home, and maybe if Joe seems to somehow get in a position to win then I'll tune back in.

At least the alliance of 7 is finally gone...but a fucking terrible decision to not send Ryan home on the blindside. He goes home no idol and then JP or Chrissy go. JP has shown ZERO strategy and got voted out because he's a challenge beast even though the challenges no longer favour a guy of his size

Chrissy is a classic "i'm good socially" and turns out to be a terrible social player. Ryan "look at me I'm quirky" has no actual strategy, probably why he's being outplayed by two
25 year old surfers you absolute waste of space.

Chrissy is a MILF, actually find her more attractive than the chick Cole was playing with. But she's not a good player. She's a below average player (I wouldnt disagree if someone argued that she is average but she only looked average because she was a superfan and played aggressively early) in a poor season. I think Lauren has developed into the best player of the season but has probably left it too late and will lose, Ashley could still develop into a respectable player but I think only Lauren (plus the winner if its not her) is worthy of another appearance. JP can return because he was a challenge beast.

The vote out of JP was so dumb. Should've been Ryan, I get the immunity fear but the dude hasn't really done much in individual challenges.

Ben has been playing the double agent role really well. This past episode helped the season rise from the bottomless pit which holds the likes of Survivor Guatemala.

The vote out of JP was so dumb. Should've been Ryan, I get the immunity fear but the dude hasn't really done much in individual challenges.

Ben has been playing the double agent role really well. This past episode helped the season rise from the bottomless pit which holds the likes of Survivor Guatemala.

Agreed. Nice to see someone play that double agent role so well. Cat is pretty much out of the bag now but the hard work is over as long as no idols come back in to play.

Hard to say if Crissey, Ryan, or Mike should be next to go. I wouldn't touch Ben until one more of them are gone.

I really don't get why Ryan or Chrissy wasn't the vote over JP. JP was useless and isn't the type to dominante the challenges anymore. And it lead to the downfall of Joe the next tribal, which sucks because I liked Joe. Plus Ryan and Chrissy are a pair that will always go with the other over anybody else.

I don't even know who I want to win this season, I hate Ryan, hate Chrissy, simply don't want Ben to win because I hate seeing one person dominate a whole season. But I think I want Devin, Dr. Mike and the blonde who's name I'm forgetting currently to be the final 3.

The only thing I can think of was that the five want the idol out before they vote Ryan or the producers wanted to keep around the more compelling competitors as opposed to the mute.

The latest episode was actually pretty fantastic. Beginning of the season was slow as hell but it has really picked up if you were able to survive the pre-merge viewing.

If Ben makes it to the end everyone in the game should be ashamed of themselves. He has to go next episode. No excuses, the guy has been a powerhouse since the merge. The last three votes alone give him a stronger case at final 3 than anyone else in the game.

Surprised to say I'm really enjoying the season now or at least the post-merge.

I've enjoyed since the seven broke up. Everything before that has been meh. Lauren went from looking like a really good player to an absolute idiot in the space of a week. Chrissy gets worse every week i see her, but she's still a MILF. Ben was right when he said that she made everyone out to be a terrible person when they turned on her.

What the fuck was that reward challenge. That was absolute bullshit

I've enjoyed since the seven broke up. Everything before that has been meh. Lauren went from looking like a really good player to an absolute idiot in the space of a week. Chrissy gets worse every week i see her, but she's still a MILF. Ben was right when he said that she made everyone out to be a terrible person when they turned on her.

What the fuck was that reward challenge. That was absolute bullshit

The theory is that they had a different challenge planned but one of the loved ones may have failed the physical testing, therefore ruling them out of the challenge and causing Jeff and friends to think on their feet. No way was that the original challenge concept.

Got to say, Mike throwing half the idol in the fire and Lauren's face when he does it was a great moment.

The theory is that they had a different challenge planned but one of the loved ones may have failed the physical testing, therefore ruling them out of the challenge and causing Jeff and friends to think on their feet. No way was that the original challenge concept.

Got to say, Mike throwing half the idol in the fire and Lauren's face when he does it was a great moment.

I always enjoy when the loved ones run out from around the corner and look completely out of place and have this weird awkward run.

I'm pretty sure its you that says it, good moments like that are caused by terrible gameplay.

It looks like mike is actually in the best position now, he can swing from either alliance and i think he's going to make the final 3 at this point.

It looks like mike is actually in the best position now, he can swing from either alliance and i think he's going to make the final 3 at this point.

Considering that everyone in the game voted for Ben, I suspect that he has to win immunity to survive. Everyone knows he'll win if he makes the final 3.

Devon has yet to receive a single vote at tribal council. The guy seems liked by everyone, probably hasn't done enough to win but having no votes against him this close to the end speaks to his social game.

I think Mike has a good chance. So much time has been invested in his story, much like David a few seasons ago, and to me that signals he's in the finale (at least). I don't know what the alliance dynamics are going to be for the next vote. Ashley and Devon are a power couple, ever since Rob and Amber people freak out about those more than they should, I could see Ben working that angle to shift the target off his back.

Ryan and Chrissy, Ashley and Devon - that leaves Mike and Ben. Ben is clearly the biggest threat, everyone knows it, so I agree that Mike really should have a decent amount of swing at the next tribal council. It would benefit the couples if they teamed up, bounced Ben and Mike, and then went head to head at the final four. With the new final four rule, which I'm sure they're unaware of, whoever wins immunity at 4 gets to pick 1 person to automatically be the in 3 with them while the remaining two make fire, it plays right into two pairs.

The best strategy would be Ryan/Chrissy and Ashley/Devon teaming up until the 4, specifically for the latter. However, if you're Ryan/Chrissy, I'd bounce Ashley at 5 with the help of Mike (having eliminated Ben at 6), that way you have a better chance of winning immunity at 4 - if you're Ryan/Chrissy.

I'm sorry but if anyone is going to tell me that this season is full of good players then i think i'll hang myself. A GUY PLAYS AN IDOL AT THE LAST TRIBAL COUNCIL AND THEY THINK HE WONT GO AND FIND ANOTHER ONE. That has to be an edit making them seem that dumb and they didnt think idols were live at 6.

The only thing I can say that was a positive strategic move this episode was Devon not revealing how well he has played the game compared to everyone else. He was part of the breakaway that blindsided Chrissy and Ryan, it was his idea for Ben to stay undercover and I dont believe he's had a vote on him yet

FFS that was terrible, that would have to be the most fixed season of survivor I have ever seen. Hidden idols to get to the final four and then a challenge for marine to make fire just in case he doesnt win immunity. I'm not holding it against Ben, he was an entertaining player, but the producers definitely had a hand in him getting there. I also think Chrissy got a pretty sweet gig to get 4 immunity wins.

And Ashley getting all feminism about the women killing it, fuck off. You were no better than any other survivor season

Yeah I hated the amount of idols this season they really need to chill on that. That said I love the twist for final 4 and am glad it's staying for future seasons, makes people have to earn their spot in the final 3 even more and can make for a more entertaining finale.

I'm glad Ben won over Chrissy and especially Ryan, couldn't stand either one all season. That said Chrissy handled the final tribal better than Ben and I thought she was going to win because of that. I still love the open forum type jury questioning for the final tribal it's so much better. I hope I never see Ryan on a future season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back