Survivor 34 - Where Matrix At? The Queen is Back!

I listened to Varner on RHAP and I thought he spoke about the situation really well. He took the blame and didn't piss about.

His whole thing was he had no clue who Zeke was since he was playing back to back. All he saw was Russell Hantz. Then when Varner figured everything out he thought that everyone would have already known. Not those on the tribe but in the world since there was no way Zeke could have played Survivor being trans and not have it be a major plot point. I get that. It's called Game Changers. I can see why Varner may have thought that Zeke was already 'out' so to speak since he had played a season before and maybe being trans was something that came up on the island so he was called a game changer. Hatch being gay was all over the edit in his first season. I can understand why Varner, who would have a mindset of early 2000's editing since that was when he played, would think Zeke being trans would have been a major focus just like being gay was for Richard Hatch.

Varner had never seen Zeke's season, this was filmed 10 months ago, nobody knew who Zeke was and Varner made the mistake of assuming that Zeke being trans was widespread knowledge.

Thats still kinda disrespectful. Basically says you have no game and all you have is the fact that you are trans

Thats still kinda disrespectful. Basically says you have no game and all you have is the fact that you are trans

It didn't come off like that to me.

It was more like Zeke has a unique aspect to his character and that's something production would be looking for in a returnee season. I don't think it was disrespectful of Varner to assume that Zeke being trans was a contributing factor on him being on a show called Game Changers when Zeke would have been the first ever trans contestant.

Never should have used it in the game. Not defending Varner on that. I don't believe Varner was saying that he thought Zeke had no game and was only there because he was trans. Varner had never seen Zeke play so it's impossible for him to make that assessment. For all Varner knew Zeke was the winner of the previous season and did it as the first trans person to ever play the game.

So glad debbie is gone. Feel like this will lead to a voting blocks style of play like in second chances a few seasons back. Culpepper in trouble now, playing a good game but will be singled out as "the one who is running things and a challenge beast" because he's an alpha male. None of this is true at this point but it wont stop people from voting that way

At least Ozzy isn't winning.

Enjoyed the Cirie moment. Totally pointless but likely helps Cirie when she plays for the fifth time during the legends season.

Zeke will be gone soon too, dude didn't learn from his mistakes last season. I could even see him and Culpepper being the next two out.

Still waiting for Tai to blab to the whole tribe about having two idols and blowing his game.

Idk the Cirie moment felt a little too Disney feel good for me. I definitely like her a lot better this season than I did it the past. She seems way chiller and has taken on more a mom role rather than a bitch role.

Sarah is playing the best game. She just voted out Sierra and then Sierra and then got her legacy advantage off of her.

Sarah is playing the best game. She just voted out Sierra and then Sierra and then got her legacy advantage off of her.

Agreed. It may not be obvious though and I'm not sure how strong of an argument Sarah can make for herself in the final vote.

As far as Cirie goes, I think she is letting Andrea be the prime target of everyone else while not realizing that Sarah is making a strong case for sole survivor.

Then again, Aubrey could win since she has no blood on her hands and everyone just assume she is smart since she's kind of nerdy.

The one thing that really stands out is that there are three idols and two? advantages in play. I can't keep up with all that.

Would say thats more sierra being shit. Not saying that Sarah is playing poorly just that it was terrible by Sierra. Culpepper still just coming along nicely, except it looks like thats about to blow up next week, Tai is also in a great position with his two idols as well.

Most important thing I got from the episode was that Tai is defo playing BvW 3 with his partner. I'd put every dollar I got on it if they do BvW 3. You'll be getting that couple.

Cirie makes her third finale.

Best player to never win. Totally fucked her game up tonight but what an epic moment when Sarah reveals that she knew what she was doing all along. At first I thought it was so dumb to hand an advantage to Cirie but Sarah knew it was totally worthless and that only in her hands did it have any power. One of the best moves I've ever seen in the history of the show.

And take into account who Sarah just pulled the move off against. Cirie, the best to never win, and Sarah just caught her in one hell of a trap.

It's funny that Sarah is a cop because at the end of the day that felt like entrapment. Boy did Cirie look stupid tonight. That had to kill her game. What was she thinking? Seriously, what the hell was she doing? I don't know what she was planning. Furthermore, I have no idea what her or Sarah's strategy was with that advantage. Why take Tai's vote? Why take Sarah's vote? Was she really going to eliminate Tai using Sarah's vote? Why eliminate the #1 patsy in Michaela?

Someone explain the strategy to me. I have no idea what is going on.

It's funny that Sarah is a cop because at the end of the day that felt like entrapment. Boy did Cirie look stupid tonight. That had to kill her game. What was she thinking? Seriously, what the hell was she doing? I don't know what she was planning. Furthermore, I have no idea what her or Sarah's strategy was with that advantage. Why take Tai's vote? Why take Sarah's vote? Was she really going to eliminate Tai using Sarah's vote? Why eliminate the #1 patsy in Michaela?

Someone explain the strategy to me. I have no idea what is going on.

The immediate thought process seems to be that Cirie has been seen doing fuck all by the jury. It's all behind the scenes and they don't know how much Cirie has actually done. Meanwhile, Sarah is playing out in front and is clearly leading the race to the finish with the strongest game. This is coming from exit interviews. So, this entire thing seems to be Cirie making an attempt to use Sarah's own advantage to save Sarah and thereby undercut Sarah's game with all eyes on her (those still in the game and on the jury).

Michaela, Cirie and Sarah seem to have been locked in for the final three. Michaela is a major goat leaving Cirie and Sarah. Cirie needed to make a move because of how the jury was seeing her and Cirie is smart enough to figure that out by now having played for so long. If this move worked out the way Cirie excepted than Sarah would only have been in the game by the grace of Cirie, therefore giving Cirie an advantage over Sarah in the final and making all of Sarah's moves up until that point mute.

In terms of the actual vote, they planned to take Sarah's so that they had 4 (Cirie, Sarah's stolen vote, Michaela and Aubrey) going towards Tai. 4-3 Tai goes home with Cirie suspecting he has an idol so that would've got an idol out also. Basically, Cirie took Sarah's vote to bounce Tai, and his idol, due to Sarah wanting to vote Aubrey which would've made it at least 3-3-1 and at that point all hell breaks loose if they don't vote with Sarah.

No clue what Sarah's point was taking Tai's vote.

The immediate thought process seems to be that Cirie has been seen doing fuck all by the jury. It's all behind the scenes and they don't know how much Cirie has actually done. Meanwhile, Sarah is playing out in front and is clearly leading the race to the finish with the strongest game. This is coming from exit interviews. So, this entire thing seems to be Cirie making an attempt to use Sarah's own advantage to save Sarah and thereby undercut Sarah's game with all eyes on her (those still in the game and on the jury).

Michaela, Cirie and Sarah seem to have been locked in for the final three. Michaela is a major goat leaving Cirie and Sarah. Cirie needed to make a move because of how the jury was seeing her and Cirie is smart enough to figure that out by now having played for so long. If this move worked out the way Cirie excepted than Sarah would only have been in the game by the grace of Cirie, therefore giving Cirie an advantage over Sarah in the final and making all of Sarah's moves up until that point mute.

In terms of the actual vote, they planned to take Sarah's so that they had 4 (Cirie, Sarah's stolen vote, Michaela and Aubrey) going towards Tai. 4-3 Tai goes home with Cirie suspecting he has an idol so that would've got an idol out also. Basically, Cirie took Sarah's vote to bounce Tai, and his idol, due to Sarah wanting to vote Aubrey which would've made it at least 3-3-1 and at that point all hell breaks loose if they don't vote with Sarah.

No clue what Sarah's point was taking Tai's vote.

Damn! I did not follow that at all when I watched it. You did a good job explaining it and I'm still not sure it makes logical sense.

Next question, how sweaty were Sierra's nether regions while wearing those pleather shorts in the jungle? Seriously, do they get clothes from wardrobe or are they bringing their own stuff?

Oh, it's very confusing and barely makes sense.

I got all that after seeing other people break it down and things kind of being putting together already since I saw the episode a few hours after it aired. On first viewing I had trouble keeping up. Everyone seems to have reached the same conclusion, it's Cirie trying to undercut Sarah and be able to say at the end that even though Sarah played hard it means nothing because she is only still in the game by Cirie's help. If not for Cirie saving her than Sarah would've messed up her entire game and therefore Cirie should win.

The theory behind the strategy makes sense once you really think hard about it, very confusing though, but it's even worse once you try and work in the actual voting aspect. It becomes near impossible to figure out what the hell was going through their heads when considering the votes. As I said, I haven't the slightest idea what the fuck Sarah was doing by taking Tai's vote.

Is anybody else expecting Brad, Tai and Troyzan to all play idols next tribal (barring one having immunity) so they can boot Aubrey, the person with the slimmest odds of winning?

Is anybody else expecting Brad, Tai and Troyzan to all play idols next tribal (barring one having immunity) so they can boot Aubrey, the person with the slimmest odds of winning?

I'm expecting Sarah to vote with Brad, Tai and Troyzan and that's how they bounce Aubrey.

Then they can bounce Cirie at five. It'd be crazy to see all three play idols and Sarah with immunity in that situation.

Most likely one or two of them plays an idol at six but if they can pull in Sarah they don't need to.

I'm expecting Sarah to vote with Brad, Tai and Troyzan and that's how they bounce Aubrey.

Then they can bounce Cirie at five. It'd be crazy to see all three play idols and Sarah with immunity in that situation.

Most likely one or two of them plays an idol at six but if they can pull in Sarah they don't need to.

Tai pretty much has to play an idol next tribal since you can only use it until 5. Doesn't Sarah have the Legacy Advantage next tribal as well? I thought that had to be used at 6 but it might be 5.

I hope Aubrey doesn't go next only because I like her from her first season and everybody would be dumb to boot her over Cirie if you're booting one of them next. Cirie, Brad and Sarah are the only ones left with a shot to win, barring all 3 not making final 3.

Tai pretty much has to play an idol next tribal since you can only use it until 5. Doesn't Sarah have the Legacy Advantage next tribal as well? I thought that had to be used at 6 but it might be 5.

I hope Aubrey doesn't go next only because I like her from her first season and everybody would be dumb to boot her over Cirie if you're booting one of them next. Cirie, Brad and Sarah are the only ones left with a shot to win, barring all 3 not making final 3.

You are correct about the Legacy Advantage. Just looked it up and it says Final 13 or Final 6. So, Sarah is immune next tribal council and is looked in for the final 5.

If your Tai, Brad and Troy all you have to do is all play idols next tribal council and you have control over the game. That would protect them all and five them a 3-2 advantage at the final five. The more I think about it I agree that they should play the idols at six. You only hold onto them if you can't gain control before five but the men can get full control right here at six.

Exactly. Unless 1 of them get immunity then play them all. If one of them get immunity they can use Tai's 2nd one (Or Troy's) as a threat to the remaining girls and basically try and trick them on who it'll be played for.

Cirie took sarah's vote so tai didnt play an idol, which at the same time would take out sarah's legs. The only thing I can think was that Sarah took tai's vote to keep cirie, aubrey and michaela onside so they would not switch votes and work with brad and troyzan. She probably could have done that by not playing the advantage all together.

Culpepper coming in strong, expect tai to fuck it all up for him because he's an idiot and will flip after him troyzan and brad play the idols

Oh Tai is going to fuck up something that's obvious. He's a terrible player and only gets any love from fans because he's kind to animals and said no to making a super idol in his first season. He's too wishy washy and can never pick a side. I'm shocked it takes him until next week to reveal he has 2 idols, I thought he'd reveal that a long ago.

I just hope he fucks up his own game and gets himself booted not Culpepper.

Assuming there will be an immunity competition before next Tribal there could be five immunities with six people. That would suck for the one without.

I guess the important thing to figure out in all of this is where can I find a DVR that knows to fast forward when Debbie is talking?

I'm begging for some actual challenges for the finale. I get it, we have to make it fair for everyone and simple party game style immunity challenges are all about skill rather than athletic ability. Challenges, especially for immunity, are more Minute to Win It than Survivor these days.

However, it gets really boring when it just these party game style challenges every single week. I really miss the days of the big challenges for the post merge. Just put a damn puzzle at the end to make it fair. That's what they did for years but now they've just removed all the running around, swimming and anything else that takes some average level of fitness.

Stacking cards might be the worst fucking challenge other than that tackle football in a pit thing where everyone got hurt. It's Survivor, go swim and dive down to collect some shit and swim back then do a puzzle. Don't just make them stack fucking cards. Horrible. And that one where the black dude in Samoa nearly died was also bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back