Survivor 31

Sandra Diaz-Twine
Kim Spradlin
Parvati Shallow
Tony Vlachos
Boston Rob

He's not better than those five but I could see him fitting in somewhere like 9-10.

Parvati and Rob are suuuuper overrated though. Parvati in particular has never played a great game.

I would say that Jeremy is ranked after Sandra, JT, Heidik, Kim, and maybe Earl.

Parvati and Rob are suuuuper overrated though. Parvati in particular has never played a great game.

I would say that Jeremy is ranked after Sandra, JT, Heidik, Kim, and maybe Earl.

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally with you on Parvati and Rob being overrated. Rob is a top ten player of all time but he's not the greatest like so many people like to pretend he is. With Parvati she's got to be in the top ten because of the win and the runner up performance. The win is a discount victory because it's FvF since half the field is at a huge disadvantage but her control over the fans is excellent. Of course, that the only thing that she does in that game which is excellent. She does become the a powerful person by having not one vote but three since she has control of Alexis and Nat. Even then she's still a second fiddle to Cirie.

I don't disagree with Sandra, Kim and Heidik being better than Jeremy. I could see an argument for Jeremy vs. Heidik in terms of placement but Heidik is definitely top ten.

JT is always a hard one for me to rank due to his second season and what we saw happen when he wasn't with Stephen. He's probably just outside my top ten.

Earl is another one that's hard to rank. He's usually in my top ten around the 8 spot but him seemingly wanting to take Yau-Man to the final isn't great. It's been a while since I've seen that season so it's a bit fuzzy. It is impressive considering he was a recruit for the season and had probably seen fuck all Survivor.

This is so wrong.

It's actually not.

Her game in the Cook Islands is the basic hot female game which fails because Yul is not an idiot. She gets further than most of her tribe because Yul allows her to. She could have gone from the moment Nate was voted out but Yul doesn't view her as a threat. She flirts a lot. That's her game. It's a shit one at that.

Fans vs. Favourites is the most overrated game of all time because as much credit as should go to Parvati, the same should go to Cirie. That's Cirie's best game ever. She's the mastermind behind nearly everything that Parvati is given credit for. Parvati's best move in the entire game is getting Nat and Alexis on her side. That's excellent. No taking that away but Cirie is the driver of the BWA for the entire game. Amanda has to pick who she wants to sit next to in the final tribal council and she fears Cirie so much that she has to take Parvati. Both of them lose to Cirie. It's a good game for Parvati considering half the field is at a huge disadvantage and she had the greatest to never win the game holding her hand the entire way through.

Heroes vs. Villains is even more overrated. She needs to vote at Russell at final six. Parvati wins if she's the one to take out Russell since the entire jury hates him. She doesn't and therefore deserves to lose. Parvati played two idols and yeah it's a great move but mocking the Heroes every day by reading the JT letter out loud at camp is one of the worst jury management tactics since Russell Hantz! Parvati mocked five people and made them feel like shit for the rest of the game. That's horrible play.

I'm not saying Parvati couldn't have played better because of course she could have but to say she's not of the best ever is ridiculous.

I really don't know who I'd say THE best ever is, never really thought about it.

The only way you are going to settle it is having a season with every winner (obviously having to adjust the rules a little)

This is so wrong.

No it's not. She was inconsequential in Cook Islands, got lucky with a Final 2 in Micronesia after Amanda and Cirie had to save her multiple times, and spectacularly tanked her otherwise promising game in HvV. But Survivor fans immediately hail any two-time finalist as amazing, because BIG MOVEZ BLINDSIDEZ.

Rob has the same problem of self-sabotage in every single game he played. As good as his Redemption Island game ended up being, he still got lucky there, being handed a pack of utter morons, while Russell got the slightly smarter group.

The only time Survivor fans don't bow down in mass to a two time finalist is the person who has won BOTH fucking times she got there. It's gotten better since 2010 but some people are salty as fuck towards the GOAT Sandra.

Once people realised how bad Russell is at Survivor people started smarting up to who the GOAT really is and forever will be.

EDIT: It should also be remembered that Parvati and Amanda thought it was the right move to sit with Cirie at the final three over Natalie. They didn't know it was final two and they made the decision to sit with Cirie at the final three. They lose the game if Cirie sits at the final tribal council. Neither of them every thought about voting out Cirie until it became clear that it was a final two. It's not like they thought we can get Cirie out before the final two, they thought for sure it was final three. They meant to take Cirie to the end of the game. Terrible stuff.

EDIT: It should also be remembered that Parvati and Amanda thought it was the right move to sit with Cirie at the final three over Natalie. They didn't know it was final two and they made the decision to sit with Cirie at the final three. They lose the game if Cirie sits at the final tribal council. Neither of them every thought about voting out Cirie until it became clear that it was a final two. It's not like they thought we can get Cirie out before the final two, they thought for sure it was final three. They meant to take Cirie to the end of the game. Terrible stuff.

Right. That speaks volumes about Cirie's game.

Honestly, the only two times I feel like people got badly screwed in Survivor was Cirie when production decided to have a Final 2 in FvF, and Ozzy when production decided to have a Final 3 in Cook. Both those guys probably would've won without the random FTC changes.

Being the best player ever makes you the best player ever. Being a two-time winner just makes your claim to the throne all the more credible.

First time Sandra played she had zero votes cast against her the entire way through the game. Then she won the game 6-1 because that stupid girl wanted to be all cool and vote for Lil. Would have been a perfect game and still stands as one of the best ever. So many brilliant moves by Sandra and she doesn't flip flop but instead has everyone want to work with her.

Sandra had 3 votes cast against her in HvV. Fucking three votes and two of them are cancelled by an idol.

Sandra has played Survivor twice and lasted 39 days both times. In total she has ONE legitimate vote cast against her name. That's fucking brilliant. She's the greatest of all time and it's not even a fair fight for anyone else.

I think the move that epitomises Sandra is her lying to Russell about Coach coming after him. It took one conversation to make Russell Hantz look like a moron.

She may not be the one who pulls the trigger, but she certainly puts the bullet in the gun. Then hands the gun to the killer. And that's surely the best way to play Survivor.

Edit: Also, when Fairplay's performance in Pearl Islands is only the second best game of the season, you know the winner is special.

I don't remember much of Sandra's game either season but I don't think she was the best ever. Boston Rob may hold that title for me if I had to pick someone. Until recently I'd have said Parvati but I forgot about her taunting the heroes with the letter. But even with that she should've beat Sandra.

Rob being the best ever is laughable. You can't play four times and win once and still be the best ever. His first game is decent, his second game is good but his jury management is poor, his third game is the worst of all four attempts and the final one was CBS giving him a million dollars.

I think the move that epitomises Sandra is her lying to Russell about Coach coming after him. It took one conversation to make Russell Hantz look like a moron.

She may not be the one who pulls the trigger, but she certainly puts the bullet in the gun. Then hands the gun to the killer. And that's surely the best way to play Survivor.

Edit: Also, when Fairplay's performance in Pearl Islands is only the second best game of the season, you know the winner is special.

You've also got Fairplay's lie about his grandmother and everyone believes it except Sandra. She's excellent at seeing someone who is full of shit and that's ultimately why she's able to beat both Fairplay (who was excellent and it's bullshit he's never going to get another chance at the game) and Russell.

One of my favourite Sandra moves is when she promises to work with Burton and Fairplay, then she tells us that she also promised to screw both of them over when she gets the chance. She's brilliant.

And she can get loud to what the fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back