Summerslam 2011- Sheamus VS Mark Henry

Like a lot of posters here are saying, I don't see how either men can actually walk away the victor while keeping the other from looking weak. Mark Henry is receiving the push of a life time and is on an incredible roll. Sheamus is a new face, and I'm sure the WWE doesn't want their new face looking weak either. So to keep both men form looking weak, I say they beat the shit out oif each other for 10 minutes and take it into the crowd for a double countout. This way we can get some kind of feud between these two hopefully leading to a rightfully deserved World Heavyweight Championship match against Christian............or Randy Orton?

Hamler's Prediction - Double Disqualification

Finally... someone who actually has a chance to beat Mark Henry. :rolleyes: The WWE has made Big Show and Kane look irrelevant to the monster division due to Mark Henry's "beatdowns". This will be one hell of a match, a slobber knocker to be clear. But I really don't care who wins. But most people would want Sheamus to be the winner here, because the WWE has been pushing him and getting him over really quickly, and if he was to lose to Henry, that momentum would be gone. But it works vice versa as well. Henry would lose momentum because in the last 2 months, he has been dominating Kane and Big Show. So if he was to lose to Sheamus, it would be a huge low blow to Henry. But whoever wins, it will just push the person onto a whole other level. (Henry to be 2nd top heel, Sheamus to be 2nd top face)

I just want to see this match, it's like one of those epic clashes you see once in a while now. Something fresh...;)

My pick for the match where I will probably go to the fridge and grab some pizza. Sheamus is cool and I am enjoying his face turn but this match is filler and nothing else. Henry's push will amount to nothing because he can never be taken seriously as a top guy unless it is a battle royal where he transforms into A THREAT TO WIN! Sheamus needs the win and deserves it. He can move on to the world title after that and Henry can move on to more filler feuds that don't matter until getting squashed by Orton.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Sheamus will defeat Mark Henry.

My pick for the match where I will probably go to the fridge and grab some pizza. Sheamus is cool and I am enjoying his face turn but this match is filler and nothing else. Henry's push will amount to nothing because he can never be taken seriously as a top guy unless it is a battle royal where he transforms into A THREAT TO WIN! Sheamus needs the win and deserves it. He can move on to the world title after that and Henry can move on to more filler feuds that don't matter until getting squashed by Orton.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Sheamus will defeat Mark Henry.
REALLY?
K so they build up Henry as a great monster heel and you don't take him seriously for the same reason you probably didn't take JBL seriously. They've made Sheamus look awesome. So already it's intrigue because of how strong both guys look coming in. Plus both guys are excellent at the bruiser style matches. So the match should be good (unless you like to count the number of moves and think that means it's a good match) and it's interesting because you really don't know how they'll do it given that both guys look very strong. Open your mind a little bit.

REALLY?
K so they build up Henry as a great monster heel and you don't take him seriously for the same reason you probably didn't take JBL seriously.

How do they correlate? JBL, while the "longest reigning champion in Smackdown history", won because he took shortcuts. Henry has won by demolishing his opponents and injuring them afterwards.

They've made Sheamus look awesome. So already it's intrigue because of how strong both guys look coming in.

Here we agree. But where's the upside with Mark Henry? Is he really going to be a main event caliber heel? Heck no. Sheamus, however, could easily be pushed back into familar territory, which is the championship picture. Both men have freshened up their characters, which has been great. But I think the entire point of building up Henry has been to give a monster rub to the person that beats him. Whose left on Smackdown outside the title picture to pose a serious threat to Henry? Sheamus. Sheamus will get the rub, I just dont think it will be tonight.

Plus both guys are excellent at the bruiser style matches. So the match should be good (unless you like to count the number of moves and think that means it's a good match) and it's interesting because you really don't know how they'll do it given that both guys look very strong. Open your mind a little bit.

You have the style of match you like, as does he. Sheamus is actually best when he's paired with a quicker opponent( see Christian and Morrison, John.) then he is with a bruiser.These two squared off on Raw last year and it was BAD. But Im going with a no contest or a double DQ here, both to be in a fatal four way match at NOC, and end their feud inside Hell in A Cell. This is just the first chapter in which could be a very good feud, especially if you keep them apart like they have.

LSN's prediction: Double Countout

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back