Suggest

I haven't a clue if you're a drinker, but Great Big Sea is a great band to listen to. It's a folkish band. Any and all GBS songs are gold.....but I'd go with Home for a Rest....just as a test drive.

Amazed that no one yet has mentioned Radiohead- must be that everyone assumed they would be mentioned- becuase no list is right without them ;)

For some other really interesting bands I would advise Sigur Ros, Bat for Lashes, Johann Johannsson, or Portishead- if you were looking for atmosheric cool.

Beriut, or the Frames if you were looking for more guitar folk

Blood Red Shoes, Dresden Dolls (1st album) for female fronted anger

Animal Collective, or Mujice (Russian artist- most of his stuff is free to download) for electronic, or glitch style music.

And if you wanted anything a little harder- Rammstien (don't laugh please :( ) or Opeth are really good to listen as well.

Smashing Pumpkins

Muse

Blur (their later stuff)

Howling Bells.

My god, I hate Avenged Sevenfold...

Smashing Pumpkins

Muse

Blur (their later stuff)

Howling Bells.

My god, I hate Avenged Sevenfold...

...Why later Blur? Their early work is their best, Parklife is their best album.

...Why later Blur? Their early work is their best, Parklife is their best album.

I dunno, I just like from The Great Escape onwards. Before that they were just too.... I dunno, stereotypically britpop for me.
I think The Universal and Beetlebum are better than any of their earlier songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back