Stone Cold not PG?

legendkiller420

Occasional Pre-Show
stone cold is the guest host for raw next week. how will this work in pg era?stone cold is not pg era kind of character he drinks beer n flips people off.what will they do have him come out in drink kool aid :lmao: i just don't get how this could work. so this thread is to discuss how stone cold's character will work

A PG Steve Austin :lmao:

Well, that's exactly what it will be. And what better way for everyone to remember Austin, right? It will be just one more case where you will witness the transformation WWE has made over the years, and a company that is no longer interested in being anything remotely controversial.

You will see them do whatever they can with Austin within the confines of a PG environment. Stone Cold will drink beer, but I wouldn't be surprised if the commentators don't even refer to it as beer.

He will not curse.

He will not give anyone the finger.

He will give Vince Stunner #4,836,749.

He will have a beer bash.

And he will leave.

Oh, and he will get the "What" chants started again.

I wouldn't even be surprised if he is not allowed to say "Hell, yeah!"

What else can you do with him? That is literally all you will see him do.

If Bret Hart can get away with a little language slip, I'm sure Steve Austin can. With that said, Austin isn't coming back to settle scores, so will he even need to? I mean he might say, "if you want XXXXX, give me a hell yeah!", which I'm sure he'll do and is perfectly acceptable. Remember though, Steve's entire being and character for a year and a half until he got run over by the car was to rebel against the authority. This time, he IS the authority. It's quite the horse of a different color.

You people make too much of the PG stuff. It's not this giant change you all make it out to be. It's more like a slight tweak in the writing. That's all. Steve will be entertaining, he'll make fun of all the rejects, and he'll take charge. I'm not the biggest Austin fan in the world, but he'll be a good host. I really don't buy that it'll be all that toned down.

TV shows that are "PG" are allowed to get away with saying ALOT more than you think. They can say "Ass" they can say "Hell" they can say "Damn" . Austin never really was that vulgar to begin with, The Most he ever did was flip someone off, he never actually said anything that was THAT shocking and offensive so I really dont think it will be that much of a probelm.

Even during the promo they showed during the commercials on RAW it showed austin saying "Oh Hell Yeah!!!"

I'm sure they wont have him flipping anybody off, But Cursing was not the only entertaining thing about Stone cold. The PG rating is not for Babies, you people are thinking of TV-Y7, That rating is for babies.

Sorry if my reply seemed like I was rambling, I am pretty new to wrestlezone forums.

I dont think their gonna chang anything, this is the first Guest Host everyone is excited too see and I dont think they'll change him simply because his character a beer drinking, middle finger, tough s.o.b. (as J.R. puts it) is to memorable. Plus like heartbreaker said he isn't that shocking, he says damn, hell, ass, and maybe a son' bitch or two will slip out but thats it.

Also im sick of all this "PG" era talk, just because there's no blood and hardly any hardcore matches doesn't make it any worse, i think it makes you focus on the wrestling, instead of people hitting each other with pot lids. There isnt much of a difference in story lines either, look at the Randy Orton/ Triple H feud last year that was some serious shit, sorry for going off topic.

There won't be any saying of whipping anyone's ass, but a hell yeah or two might be heard. I also anticipate alot of WHAT chants especially from Stone Cold himself because this version of his character didn't cuss, he just said WHAT.

I think this return of Stone COld will be alot like the Santino Segment in L.A. a few years back (which i attended :3). A little promo with some Vintage Stone Cold stuff. "Give me a Hell Yeah". Drink Some Beer. Stunner. Some Birds. Night.
BTW it looks like Stone Cold might be reffing theHart-McMahon match! THIS match may be the "drawing the non-wrestling fan" match. like the Battle of The Billionaires at WM23, or the "Biggest VS The Best" Mayweather-Show at XXIV, which suprises me cuz i thought HBK-Taker had it locked.

has anybody thought that this could prove to be a testing ground too see what they can get away with? with an impending war with tna, what better way to test the waters by bringing the most contraversal star the E ever had back. vince has always pushed the envelope, and with having steve back, maybe its like him saying"lets see how far i can push the pg rating." couls be a good start to a wartime transformation

Stone Cold will do fine in the PG Era. He won't be throwing fingers at people but there really hasn't been anything that Austin has said that's already on PG rated television today. People say ass, damn, bitch, and hell yeah all the time on PG TV.

And Sid, they'll find some way to call it beer without actually not calling it beer. Probably just call them Steveweisers or something like that.

Saying beer or drinking beer on PG Tv is perfectly fine. FFS people.. Im sure ALOT of kids parents drink socially. The only thing that won't happen or maybe get edited out is the finger.

You people make too much of the PG stuff. It's not this giant change you all make it out to be. It's more like a slight tweak in the writing. That's all. Steve will be entertaining, he'll make fun of all the rejects, and he'll take charge. I'm not the biggest Austin fan in the world, but he'll be a good host. I really don't buy that it'll be all that toned down.

Correct. I really do not see Austin's character being all that different. He might not technically be PG, but than again neither are guys like cryme time and Orton (to a degree). He will be fine and more a less the same.

Thanks for pointing out that fact about the PG stuff, I keep telling people that and they keep jumping on me about.People need to move on.

A PG Steve Austin :lmao:

Well, that's exactly what it will be. And what better way for everyone to remember Austin, right? It will be just one more case where you will witness the transformation WWE has made over the years, and a company that is no longer interested in being anything remotely controversial.

Come on Sid, Vince kicking Bret's leg out from under him, Batista hitting Cena five plus times with a chair, Cris Angel, saying Hell, Cheech and Chong eating a suspect food that makes them see weird things? Come on Sid, that's a little controversial if you ask me.

You will see them do whatever they can with Austin within the confines of a PG environment. Stone Cold will drink beer, but I wouldn't be surprised if the commentators don't even refer to it as beer.

If Cris Angel can say hell, the inferred drugs use, kicking a cripple's leg out from under him can be done, then the announcers well let it be known as a beer bash. Vince already pushes the confines of PG, so what will be different?

He will not curse.

He will, a few damns, hells and maybe a sumbitch or two.

He will not give anyone the finger.

I'll give you that, they might not let him fly the bird.

He will give Vince Stunner #4,836,749.

Definitely, that's a given, and who knows, since it's Stone Cold, maybe he'll stun Bret too, ya never know.

He will have a beer bash.

For sure, it couldn't be a Stone Cold return without one. It'll be a grand one too.

And he will leave.

Yes he will, that's the Stone Cold way.

Oh, and he will get the "What" chants started again.

In case you haven't heard, they do still do it, just not as much, but likely it'll be in full force again for a while after Raw.

I wouldn't even be surprised if he is not allowed to say "Hell, yeah!"

What else can you do with him? That is literally all you will see him do.

Of course he'll say "Hell, yeah!", they won't censor that, PG allows for some suggestive language or something along those line. It's Parental Guidance, that means it's not going to be completely swear free.

Of course that's all he'll do, it's Stone Cold, that's all he needs to do and that's all we really want to see him do man.

stone cold is the guest host for raw next week. how will this work in pg era?stone cold is not pg era kind of character he drinks beer n flips people off.what will they do have him come out in drink kool aid :lmao: i just don't get how this could work. so this thread is to discuss how stone cold's character will work

His character will remain roughly the same. He drank beer at the Hall of Fame and Wrestlemania last year. I think you're blowing things out of proportion a little by suggesting that he's gonna be drinking kool aid. Stone Cold is going to be the best guest host Raw has had. Why? Perhaps because the terrible segments with most of the previous guest hosts will be replaced that week with beer drinking, someone getting a stunner, and all the other things that made Stone Cold so great. He'll still be able to say "Hell yeah" and other things like that, if anyone can get away with using "bad words" on a PG rated Raw, Stone Cold can. I wouldn't worry about it. They won't do any massive changes to him for that night because if they were going to change anything we would have already seen those changes a year ago during his previous appearance. We'll get the same Stone Cold on monday that we had in the past.

Stone Cold will suffer from what I like to call "Cheech and Chong fever". It can be very hazardous to your health and your reputation more so.

You see, to predict what will happen to Stone Cild next week on Raw, we have to go back a few weeks and examine two other men who are cut from the same cloth as The Rattlesnake. Cheech and Chong are those men and I would like to take a minute to draw some very striking similarities between the two parties. Cheech and Chong are world renowned for being addicted to some substances, shall we say. They have made a career out of making movies about it and talking about it. However, this does not fit the WWE's mould of what would make a guest host. Sure, they will have them on the show because they might bring in a new fanbase and a little bit of interest. However, they will not let them be themselves and act like they have acted all through their careers. So, they were supposedly hooked on Hornswoggles cereals and this was the familiarity that the WWE needed. They can't just abandon what makes Cheech and Chong who they are or no one will be interested. So they dumbed it down.

The same thing is likely to happen to Stone Cold Steve Austin from the moment he steps out through the curtain. He will be stricken by "Cheech and Chong fever" and he will not be the same. He will drink rootbeer instead of beer and instead of having a beer-bash at the end of the show, he will set up a slumber-party for all the guys in the back. He will say "Heck yes" instead of "Hell Yeah!" and will more than likely not give the stunner to anyone. In fact, he will tell them that he disagrees strongly and walk to the back. This is going to be a sham and will be nothing like the Austin of old. Having said that, I am still overjoyed that he is doing the show.

I haven't watched RAW on week-to-week basis for a while now, so I don't know how bad its been but I think your overrating how the PG rating will affect the broadcast. It isn't Barney & Friends, he can curse and drink beer if he wants. Society is a lot different than it was in 1999, things that would be considered over-the-edge then, is considered normal now (which leads me to believe the end of the world is nearing very soon, but thats another topic). I think he'll raise hell like the steve austin we've all come to know.

Reactions: Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back