Sting vs Taker has zero chances of happening, right?

Discussion in 'Wrestling Spam Zone Archives' started by Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D., Jul 21, 2015.

1. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

I mean seriously, they killed Sting's drawing ability after he lost to HHH. How can the casual fan take the guy seriously?

Also, how are they going to put him back into TV? A rematch with H would be a good way, but I don't see it happening? And why would he be involved with ANY feud right now? (Spoiler readers know what I mean)

And let's ignore all of the above and let WWE insult our intelligence, why would he challenge Taker? A face vs face match, out of the blue. No streak, no title on the line. Why? Just for the "moment"? So that means we get a match just for the lulz, with no actual story or build-up or emotion behind it..

The only options I see are a) heel turn for either man (higly unlikely at this point, but gives the match some sense and b) something similar to Flair vs HBK from 'Mania 24 (technically HBK was a heel going in that match as well)

I guess the ship has sailed. Bye Bye.

2. BestSportsEntertainer

BestSportsEntertainer I Don't Need No User Title

Casual fans don't remember WM31.

Have him return and interrupt Undertaker's promo.

How hard would it be to come up with a story?

It's clear you don't want to see Undertaker vs. Sting, but at least provide logical reasoning.

3. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Championship Contender

Why in the world would it not be a big deal to have the biggest, most loyal WWE guy in Undertaker against the biggest, most loyal WCW guy in Sting.

Oh, and they both have somewhat similar, dark and brooding characters.

Oh, and by the way these are 2 legends who never faced each other. You don't need anything to actually sell this match.

BestSportsEntertainer likes this.
  4. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

What I'm saying is this: why would two faces, want to face one another for no reason? To prove who's the biggest icon? The I'm better than you scenario is a heel's way of doing things..

That's all I'm saying, without one of them being a heel the match won't happen.

With both of them faces, neither have any logic to interrupt one another. if you look thing just from storyline prospective, you'll get my point.

5. hatehabsforever

hatehabsforever Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I definitely would never suggest that Sting versus the Undertaker has zero chance of happening. Quite the contrary, I think it has an excellent chance of happening, and in fact, I think it is going to happen. At Wrestlemania 32.

To suggest they killed Sting's drawing capacity with his loss to Triple H is absolutely preposterous. Whether someone is a casual fan, or a dedicated regular watcher, they should have no trouble whatsoever taking the guy seriously for a one off match like this spectacle. And personally, I have no problem whatsoever with these guys having a face versus face matchup, and the "moment" would be definitely sufficient to sell me. No title is necessary, and the lack of the steak is irrelevant. An iconic match (even at this late stage of their careers) out of mutual respect, on the grandest stage of them all, that would definitely work for me.

6. Nate DaMac

Nate DaMac Fuck erbody but me

Oh I beg to differ. The steak is never irrelevant.

hatehabsforever likes this.
  7. hatehabsforever

Staff Member Moderator

Poor choice of words on my part. What I mean to say is, Sting versus the Undertaker is no less iconic or phenomenal simply because of the fact that the streak is no longer intact. Granted, it will be two older dudes, both well past their primes, fighting a decade later than they should have. But it wouldn't be any less meaningful or memorable for me now that the streak is gone. Sure, my preference would have been to see it happen with the streak on the line. But seeing these guys face to face in the middle of a WWE ring on the grandest stage of them all, in their respective home states, still has plenty of appeal for me.

8. Nate DaMac

Nate DaMac Fuck erbody but me

[​IMG]

Love you Habs.

9. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

I agree with everything you said, but every great match that has taken place, Andre vs Hogan, Rock vs Cena, Rock vs Hogan, Rock vs Austin, HBK vs Taker.. There was always a story behind it, in order to sell the match even more and make it more memorable.

I also must admit that the title is misleading. Sorry for that. It's not "zero chances" that I should have written, but "zero chances to happen with both men as faces".

10. hatehabsforever

Staff Member Moderator

That's what I get for not paying attention to my typing, lol. I'm such a dumbass.

Nate DaMac likes this.
  11. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

The match seems more likely than ever to happen. Sting finally has a relationship with WWE. UT appears healthy. 32 is in Texas. They are fast tracking this Lesnar rematch when it makes a ton more sense to have it at Mania. Based on the half assed storyline behind Taker and Lesnar it is clear Vince doesn't give a shit what goes in to a story as long as it gets big names to the mat.

I'm not saying I give a shit or have high expectations for the feud or match but it is as likely as ever.

12. Starkist

Starkist (To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate

Bruins fans are not dumbassess!!!

So we are mad Sting lost to Triple but we want to see Sting vs Taker in which Taker would clearly be the winner. Am I missing something?

13. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Pfft. That's super easy. Just put Undertaker in a stable. Sting will air return packages and "go to war" in a jiffy.

Dirk likes this.
  14. Thriller Ant

Thriller Ant Beep Bop Boop

Or have Sting start talking about how much he trusts Undie. He'll turn on Sting in no time

15. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Still my point, someone turns heel.. can't happen any other way.

16. ABMorales787

ABMorales787 Lord And Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Yeah, I mean it's not like The Undertaker has been portrayed as an unrepentant prick towards anyone regardless of face or heel affiliation for 25 years or anything.

17. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Guess that's true. Shit, forget everything I said today.

The only thing stopping that match is Vince. Pass through him if you can.