Steam Summer Sale

Discussion in 'The GSD Archives' started by Slyfox696, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Slyfox696

Slyfox696 Excellence of Execution

The Steam Summer Sale just started and I just picked up a couple of games for reduced price (NBA 2K17 Legends for $20, originally $80 and Stranded Deep for $10.50, originally $15).

Anyone else find any good bargains? Any good games to recommend? I think I've read Shadow of Mordor is really cheap right now, but I'm not sure it's my kind of game.

2. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

Aww Sly, you were a draw once.

3. Slyfox696

PC Game threads never do well. It kind of surprises me how few people seem to enjoy PC gaming.

4. Ty Burna

Ty Burna WZCW World Heavyweight Champion

Honestly barely looked this year. I have such a back log on my PC it's a bit ridiculous. Add in I just got an Xbox One S and wanting to add games to that diverted my usual Summer Sale funds towards Microsoft instead.

5. Lee

Lee Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
    Staff Member Super Moderator E-Fed Mod

I think I'm just not used to using the keyboard. I'm sure if I got a controller for my PC I would a bit more.

6. Slyfox696

About the only games on console I want to play I can't get on PC are sports games. And I bought NBA 2K17 on PC, so that'll do me for a while. I do wish Madden would release on PC, as well as MLB The Show.
    If you have an Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller, it'll work with Windows 10 just fine. My PS3 controller works with my Steam Link and I'm pretty certain Sony is working on official drivers for the PS4 controller (there are unofficial drivers for them, but I've never done it).

And yeah, the keyboard can be difficult to get used to at first and I don't like it for sports games (in fact, I just got a wireless Xbox One controller to play sports games on the PC). But for a lot of other games, especially inventory based games or shooters like Call of Duty, the keyboard and mouse is actually so much easier once you get used to it.