• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spoilers: Do you read them and why ?

Scott Free

The man of a thousand rest holds.
There was a thread on one of the forums about the IWC "ruining" wrestling, tons of IWC posters agreed with it, which is ironic. One of the points of such thread was spoilers, how some people read them and then use them to bash the product and make themselves an instant expert. I don't believe this is true, so here's the deal, do you read spoilers to spoil the fun for other people ?

No, I don't read spoilers just to ruin it for people. If I read them, I don't say anything about what happens or I ask if they want to know first before I say anything and if they say they don't want to know yet, that's fine because I know I wouldn't want people to ruin it for me if I said I didn't want to know so I don't tell them. Nothing pisses me off more than when a show is taped and I'm going to watch it and then someone spoils the entire thing for me. Before Jericho won the WHC on RAW, someone told me he would win it. It annoyed me because I would have liked it to have been a suprise when I watched it.

I don't read them to spoil anything for anyone. In fact, none of my friends or family watch wrestling. I'm the only wrestling fan in the bunch which incidentally is one of the reasons I joined WZ forum. To get back on subject though, I do read them - although not as frequently as I used to. It started off as me getting on a website such as WZ after a PPV would go off to read what had gone down. It slowly grew to me reading spoilers for upcoming shows. I've slacked up some because it's a habit that I really wish I hadn't started because it does often spoil the fun of watching something that was supposed to have been suprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back