Sony's interest on PS2 remastered collections

Chicago1989

Ain't it sleep first then eat?
So far, we've already gotten the God Of War remastered collection (which was a big success) that included God Of War I & II. The games had improved graphics, sound, were trophy-enabled, and came on a combo pack for a good price. I thought that this was smart for people that never played the first two games to go along with God Of War III. Now, Sony plans on making a Sly Cooper remastered collection pack, seemingly starting a trend. Since the PS3 Slim doesn't really have any backwards compatibility with PS2 games, I think that they should continue with this trend and bring back some old PS2 favorites.

My question to you is, which PS2 remastered collections do you wanna see on the PS3 in the future?

I personally would like a Silent Hill, Hitman, and Onimusha collection on the PS3.

I'd love to see Dark Cloud 1 & 2; very underrated games.

I would also want to see the Jak & Daxter trilogy, but beating Jak II quite literally took me to my limit, and I'm not sure I can do it again.

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 would be nice as well.

I am a huge fan of the Silent Hill series and would loved for the games to be remastered to PS3 format. But you can already purchase the first game online at the Playstation Store, or so I was told. I'm still using my PS2 from 2002 to play my PS2 games, and it's only a matter of time before it becomes junk.
Sly Cooper was certainly entertaining for me and was interested after you just mentioned that.

This is not a bad idea considering only the early PS3s are backwards compatible (mine isn't). More than likely they'll remaster only hit games, so there will be a lot of people feeling down about their favorites not being one of them.

And I would koll if they didn't do it for the Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear Solid series. Oh and the first Siren cuz I could never find it anywhere.

For, me, obviously, I would love to see Kingdom Hearts made on PS3, I would love to see it with better graphics, and better gameplay, that is what I would like to see

Well apparently The Ratchet and Clank series, Onimusha series, Final Fantasy series, GTA series and Metal Gear Solid series will be getting the remastered treatment.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1103462p1.html

Aside from these games, I'd love to see the Devil May Cry series get a remaster and see what crazy trophies they could think up, the Jak and Daxter series would be great as well because I loved the platforming of the three games as well as the gun play and vehicle sections of 2 and 3 heck even Jak X was fun, the Prince Of Persia Sands Of Tme Trilogy would be good as well because the gameplay and story was great and it would go well with the recent release of Forgotton Sands.

Honestly i would like to see some of the old wrestling games remastered. None of the smackdown vs. raw games. Maybe something like smackdown shut your mouth or just bring it. But what would be even cooler is resident evil 4 with enhanced graphics and sound.

I would love to see the Jak & Dexter games become remastered. The game has always had good graphics and decent gameplay but remastered it would be awesome and more detail could be put into the people and the deseign of the area. The games would be fun to play again even with another sequel.

Something i would love to see remastered is the awesome Legacy Of Kain franchise. The characters all are really interesting and complex and along with it's gory style of gameplay it is a very interesting story from the begining to the end we never got due to most of the cast leaving and one of them dying(I believe). The game really left us on a sour note due to Defiance and how terrible it's gameplay was and the distortion was damn annoying. A remastered collection of the game would be pretty damn good for me at least.

The Hitman game franchise would also be another awesome series I would like to see remastered. I had alot ofun playing these games over and over finding alot of fun differant ways to kill a contract. Maybe if remastered more levels could be made? Either way it would be alot better with enhanced graphics and sound

Gotta go with the masses and say Kingdom Hearts franchise. I'd love to see a PS3 version of that. Oh man. Gotta throw out San Andreas too. That game was the shit. Maybe re-make the whole game, like.. physics, and graphics, everything. Just leave the story the same, or tweek a bit here and there.

I hope Sony remasters the Metal Gear Solid Series. And sell a MGS PS3 Box Set.

The other one, Silent Hill.

Well apparently The Ratchet and Clank series, Onimusha series, Final Fantasy series, GTA series and Metal Gear Solid series will be getting the remastered treatment.

Woohoo this is what I would love to see remade thank goodness they are. Now there is one more series I want remade and that's Kingdom hearts that was an absolutely legendary game and I would love a remake.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/110/1103462p1.html

Aside from these games, I'd love to see the Devil May Cry series get a remaster and see what crazy trophies they could think up, the Jak and Daxter series would be great as well because I loved the platforming of the three games as well as the gun play and vehicle sections of 2 and 3 heck even Jak X was fun, the Prince Of Persia Sands Of Tme Trilogy would be good as well because the gameplay and story was great and it would go well with the recent release of Forgotton Sands.

Thank you for that info wasn't reallyt paying attention to the thread sorta skimmed through it. But Yeah Prince of Persia would be an AWESOME series to remaster, As for Final fantasy, GTA and Onimusha... I cannot wait. There are my top 3 favourite series and that will be a treat and a reason for me to buy a PS3. Other titles they should remaster.. I would say Kingdom Hearts (Release that about a year or so before KH3 comes out in 2011 or 2012.)
Another series that would be a enjoyable series remaster would be... ...
S P Y R O T H E D R A G O N ! ! ! !

I would like to play a remastered version of all of the Metal Gears as well as Metal Gear Solid (not 2 or 3, just the original).

I also enjoyed the Onimusha series (not so much Onimusha 3: Demon Seige. I've never played a Team Ico game, but I've heard nothing but how beautiful the games are, so I would like to play that if it was given the HD treatment.

The original Resident Evils would be extremely fun to play again, this time in High Def.

I think Sony would be very smart to continue creating remastered collections of past games. I recently completed God of War and God of War II. If it wasn't for the remastered collection, I would never would have experienced them both.

Remastered collections are a great idea for a number of reasons:
1) Its an added revenue for Sony and the developers. Most likely everyone who was a fan of the God of War games, picked up a copy of the remastered collection, just to replay the game with better graphics and (for some) the trophies that come with it. Sony and the developers already made money off of the original release, now they get to continue making money off of the games several years later. They would also make money from those who have never played the games before, but are willing to experience it for a first time.
2) The God of War remastered collection was released a few months before the release of God of War III. By doing this Sony allowed the fans of the series to replay the game as a refreasher and in turn, added to their excitment for when III was released. It also gave those that was new to the series a chance to catch up with the hope of wanting to continue with the series and purchase God of War III.

Sony releasing remastered collections is no different than Disney and Pixar re-releasing Toy Story 1 & 2, which was also remastered in 3D. Over ten years went by betwee Toy Story 2 and 3. Disney/Pixar was smart enough in realizing that if they can get the children, who have never seen 1 or 2, to watch the movies, chances are they would be more eager to watch Toy Story 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back