Sonic discussion

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
[YOUTUBE]ZNAiS8_TgrM[/YOUTUBE]

Did I just MARK THE FUCK OUT to a Sonic game. 2D? Focus on speed. Though Sega have a tendancy to make us play with shit loads of random characters I don't give a fuck about. Why don't they just give us a game where we play as Sonic?

Sega said:
Today, we are about to break the trend that has continued on for many years. To the thousands of you out there asking for a game where Sonic is the only playable character – rejoice. As of today, your wish has been granted. In Project Needlemouse, there will be no new characters – playable or otherwise. The focus will remain solely on one blue hedgehog.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Sonic fanboyism aside, this could be VERY promising, I've said several times that Sonic died a death from Sonic and knuckles. The basic formula of Sonic + speed + platforming = win. Surely they can get this back on track!

While I disagree with you about the Sonic and Knuckles comment, as I thought that was a great sequel to Sonic 3. I am well pleased that this is coming out. 2D as well, back to the good old days hopefully. Fans of Sonic needed another 2D. I do hope however that they keep Knuckles and Tails in the game as it just wouldn't be Sonic without them. Is there any news when this drops?

All I can say is that I sincerely hope they don't screw this up. When it comes to Sonic, Sega has made a lot of false promises lately. Sonic 2006 was supposed to be back to basics, then Sonic and the Secret Rings was, then Sonic Unleashed was....

If they do this right, I will buy this game and play it until the disc melts. If not, then I really don't know if I can ever trust them again.

No news yet, though there is an announcement on the official title tomorrow. 12 PST, 8pmGMT. There's not much announced on it at all, but it is due for release this year.

And by from S&K I meant after that,. I can understand why people like it. I myself thought it was far too gimmicky and was the point in which Sonic became about gimmicks.

Regarding unleashed and Secret rings. Both were as far from basics as possible! Though everyone loved the Sonic only parts of Unleashed when he was not a wearwolf, plus Sonic Rush (DS) was pretty good too.

I am suspicious of this game. I bought the 2006 one because I like Sonic and Shadow (so sue me) and thought it might be good (it was one of my first 360 games) it was crap, Sonic was moving extremley slow, the camera was crap the attacks were bad and it just felt very poorly done. I didn't even bother with Sonic Unleashed (maybe when it hits under £10)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/472-Sonic-Unleashed

This video reviews Sonic Unleashed and at the end gives a honest opinion about Sonic the Hedgehog which some of you might disagree with but it's true

No news yet, though there is an announcement on the official title tomorrow. 12 PST, 8pmGMT. There's not much announced on it at all, but it is due for release this year.

And by from S&K I meant after that,. I can understand why people like it. I myself thought it was far too gimmicky and was the point in which Sonic became about gimmicks.

Regarding unleashed and Secret rings. Both were as far from basics as possible! Though everyone loved the Sonic only parts of Unleashed when he was not a wearwolf, plus Sonic Rush (DS) was pretty good too.

Well, yeah, they were nothing close to basics, but Sega promised they would be. Hence my concern that they'll fall flat with this one. Really hoping they won't, though.

I can understand taking out most of the strange characters that most people aren't familiar with.... but Tails and Knuckles should be playable. Call me a Knuckles fanboy all you want, but to me it's not a Sonic game without him. He and Tails better still show up as NPC's. Wouldn't mind seeing Shadow either, as he is my favorite of the new characters. However, sometimes going back to the basics of a series can be a good thing, just look at Mario Bros Wii for your best example. I haven't played many Sonic games since after Sonic & Knuckles, which was the 2nd best in the series after Sonic 2. I think this game will be worth checking out if it really is going to be that similar to the old stuff because Sonic games haven't been all that great for around 15 years.

Ladies and gentlemen:

Sonic the Hedgehog 4 episode 1

The only thing that would make this look any better if they came out and went "Fuck it, Eggman's back to Robotnick." Even though it's just a few seconds of footage we see it's obvious that Sonic has gone back to his roots.

Also it will be on the three seventh gen consoles as a download., and due for release in the summer:

Sega associate brand manager Ken Balough revealed a few more details about Sonic 4 Specifically, he said the game will pick up the series after Sonic & Knuckles and incorporate established 2D gameplay mechanics for the series like the spin dash and power sneakers. Additionally, the game will incorporate leaderboards for players to test their speed against one another and will incorporate motion controls on the Wii and PlayStation 3 (with the Sixaxis controller, not necessarily the upcoming "Arc" motion controller.)

Dudes I am severely excited by this for reasosn that are obvious, it would be the equivalent of the Rock returning to WWE for one last run. They seem to have finally listened to fans after some 15 years. Welcome back Sonic.

It's also interesting to note that the Sonic release is a few months before the new Mario.

I for one thought the Sonic franchise never died and is a series I will continue to buy for the 360 and Wii , I too marked out for this new game , going back to it's roots and everything, but this is the first time I had to decide between getting it on the Wii or 360 because I like my 360 better but I think I have enough points to download that game on my Wii. Hard decision, I will most likely buy it on the 360 though.

Another thing I hope for is a well composed soundtrack, I love the Sonic Soundtrack but it was a little crap in Sonic Heroes for me , I wonder how it will be like in this game.

I CAN'T WIAT.

I wish some people would stop saying the last good sonic was 15 years ago and ALL the 3-D sonics suck becuase the adventure titles on the dreamcast were amazing. Also i cant wait for sonic 4 i hope its back to roots this time SEGA has a issue of saying sonic is going back to roots alot.

That is just awesome.

I hadn't heard much about the new Sonic game but after watching those videos, I am suitably excited about the prospect of having a new addition to the series. I have long since stopped playing Sonic after Sonic and Knuckles but I always welcomed another one and always gave it time to impress me. It is true that the recent ones have been average at best and that they have sold very poorly. However, going back to it's roots is a good thing for Sonic and will bring a lot of old school fans back on board for sure. It also seems as though it has been revamped and looks very sharp. I am very much looking forward to seeing how well it performs against other games this summer and I for one hope that it does well and lives up to the expectations that I now have for it.

The only problem that I see it having is that it will more than likely be viewed as repetitive in comparison to games like Mass Effect 2, which had so much diversity about it and Sonic may look very dated against games of the present.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back