Songs That Make You Emotional

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
I'm sort of stealing this out of LSN's movies that make you cry thread, however I feel like this will also be very interesting. It is clear that in our lives there will be songs that make us emotional and I think we all have our personal songs that touch us and make us feel something. I know in my life I have quite a few songs that make me feel emotional when listening to them.

Quite recently I've been very prone to getting emotional from the song Towers by Skylar Grey:

[YOUTUBE]o56NuOaDsDg[/YOUTUBE]

As some of you may have heard I recently moved back to Pennsylvania and originally me and my girlfriend from Calgary were both going to go make Duquesne our university however that all changed due to money and family preferences and now I only made the trip and we ended up having to break up and this song really reminds me of her and makes me sad when listening to it because I haven't been able to move on and we do call from time to time.

The next song is Photograph by Nickelback.

[YOUTUBE]BB0DU4DoPP4[/YOUTUBE]

Growing up, I use to move a ton. Throughout my school years I went to 9 different schools in 12 years and lived in 8 different houses. It seemed right after this song came out that it really attached itself to my family and every time we would move this song would become popular. This song reminds me of moving and having to start new.

The last song is Good Riddance by Green Day.
[YOUTUBE]
_bTdLi0YUVM[/YOUTUBE]

This song is incredibly personal to me. I went through a battle with depression and suicidal thoughts and this is one of those songs I'd listen to when I thought I couldn't carry on anymore. This song can literally break me down into tears when I hear it now a days so I generally refrain from ever hearing it. It has a powerful message and I think makes a lot of people emotional.

Take My Breath Away - Berlin

[YOUTUBE]q_6x3EW3FC0[/YOUTUBE]

This is a beautiful love song that was featured in Top Gun. It's one I've always looked back fondly on due to it being in one of my favorite movies, and now as a married adult it takes on much deeper meanings. When listening to it a montage of various memories play out in my mind; some good, others bad, but all pertaining to the journey I have shared thus far with my special someone. I find it hard to believe it's been 3 years already that she and I have been married, our anniversary is during this month. If you ever needed a song to dedicate to your significant other, this is one I recommend.

Wires by Athlete:

[YOUTUBE]MPUlichsfQg[/YOUTUBE]
For whatever reason, I can't get through a listen of this song without feeling strong emotion. This style of music isn't generally my cup of tea, but it's a beautiful song.

The interpretations I've read regarding it vary greatly. I've heard everything from it being about the premature birth of the lead singer's child, to suicide, to drug addiction. Regardless of which, if any, it's poignant in the point that it makes.

The lead singer sings about "Got to get to you, got to make it through", as if the troubles plaguing the songs subject define his very existence as well. At the same time, the lead singer hold to the belief that as long as he's 'there', whether it be present physically or supportive emotionally, the subject will make it through. And the song has a happy ending.

Not only can the lead singer see in the subject of the songs eyes that "they'll be alright", he goes one step further:

Looking at you now, you would never know.
The final line of the song convey that the troubles, whatever they may have been, are firmly in the past. It was an ordeal, for sure, as conveyed by the emotion of the song, but looking at the person now, it's as if what they experienced never happened in the first place.

That sort of thing makes me quite emotional, and smile greatly at the same time.

[youtube]EdBym7kv2IM[/youtube]

I cried like a baby when I first heard this on the Randy Savage tribute, and I love Randy but I think it had a lot more to do with the song than the tribute. I don't think I would've cried as hard as I did if it were any other song playing on the tribute. This is the only song I can recall ever making me emotional and that easily breaks me. Now everytime I think of sad events in my life, Coldplay's Scientist is what always plays in my mind. I need to find more sad songs to listen to, but this so far is the saddest song I've ever heard.

[YOUTUBE]4XvFKS067D8[/YOUTUBE]

This is a very emotional song, as it's about the Black Stone Cherry singer's Dad who unfortunately passed away, and the lyrics are meaningful and when he performed it live at the gig I went to, you could see how much it meant to him.

My Dad is not a well man at the moment, he has a lot of health issues and everytime I hear this song, I think about what I would do if I lost him and all the things he has taught me over the years and it does make me feel emotional and worried. I have the song on my iPod, it's a beautiful song but I rarely listen to it as I don't want to think about my Dad being unwell.

samhunt391 said:
If "You'll Never Walk Alone" doesn't get you emotional then I would like to meet you Mr. Ironman.
Pleased to meet you. The thing is... I AM Iron Man.

Moving on.

[Youtube]sMVBP_0OOZY[/youtube]
I knew this song, but sort of forgot about it until I heard it on South Park when I was dealing with a break-up of my own and my parents' divorce, so Fleetwood Mac's Landslide is something I tend to be wary of.

Pleased to meet you. The thing is... I AM Iron Man.

Moving on.

[Youtube]sMVBP_0OOZY[/youtube]
I knew this song, but sort of forgot about it until I heard it on South Park when I was dealing with a break-up of my own and my parents' divorce, so Fleetwood Mac's Landslide is something I tend to be wary of.

Nice choice. I first heard the song as a cover by Smashing Pumpkins which actually comes out quite well.

I don't think I can just pick one song off the album as the most emotional but Joni Mitchell's 'Blue' is such a touching and complete album of honesty, heartbreak and hope that it is easily in my top 5 favourite albums of all time.

While I wouldn't say I love each and every song off the album, even the ones that I don't listen to the most are great stories that are crafted with attention to detail and seemingly unburdened emotion.

The top 2 songs I have easily listened to most are All I Want and A Case of You, which was covered beautifully by Prince and is worth a listen.

Smashing Pumpkins-Bye June.

My grandma's name was June and I was super close to her. She had a big hand in my upbringing and when she died a few years ago I listened to this on repeat for several days in a row. Any time I hear it I think of her.

Dancing In The Sky-Dani and Lizzy

I saw a video of this recently and it got my attention. It just makes me think of all the people in my life that have died. While it's not really my type of music the lyrics really hit home when I heard them.

[YOUTUBE]6abb33Jiq1A[/YOUTUBE]

NickelBack - How You Remind

Out of all the songs in my Library, most would probably be a little surprised that I picked this one. Its true, there are probably at least a dozen other songs I could have chosen from. This ones a personal choice though.

Lyrics aside, I pick this song because I have a very strong emotional tie to it. It reminds me of a much happier time in my life when things were perfect, when I was with a special someone that even to this day, despite all that has come between us, I still hold her dear. It might help that she's like the biggest Nickelback fan on the face of the earth. I remain content with the band, however. Not only does the song reflect on that time but so do the song lyrics.

"This is how you remind me..."
"This is how you remind me of who I really am"
"Its not like you to say sorry"
"I was waiting on a different story"
"This time I'm mistaken, for handing you a heart worth breaking"

This song makes me emotional for a number of reasons. Not just because its a emotional song but I can connect it to a specific time in my life. Even down to specific moments and its for that very reason I choke up a little every single time I hear this song.

[YOUTUBE]aNZwMG_QUGs[/YOUTUBE]

One of the last songs ever done by The Rev before he died. It's rather haunting when you realise he and M.Shadows are sharing vocal duties knowing that one of them dead. The piano certainly give it a haunting gothic feel and the lyrics also had to it (I know you'll find your own way, when I'm not with you). I wouldn't say its a depressing song its more of a song that makes you feel thankful for the time you've had with someone who no is no longer here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back