Son Of Schyster

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
- The Montgomery Adviser website notes that Troy University Center and son of WWE agent Mike "IRS" Rotunda, Windham Rotunda, will be attending the SmackDown/ECW show on Monday night in Montgomery, AL. The article also notes that Rotunda's other son, Taylor, has just signed a WWE developmental contract and will begin training shortly.

Another wrestler with a son wanting to be involved in wrestling. If he's had enough training he could become part of that new Orton stable. But I'm hoping he's not quite ready. There would be nothing better than two stables with wrestlers consisting of Hall Of Fame wrestlers.

My only hope is that he's not as boring as his father.

Enough with the second/third generation wrestlers already. A few of them pan out like Rock,Orton,Dustin Rhodes, etc, but you've got others like Ted Jr/Cody/Carlito/DH Smith that don't amount to any thing. I say make new stars and stop pushing daddy's boys.

"Son of Schyster"...sounds like a horror film to me. Or possibly a Truman Capote novel. Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, I sure hope he's better than his old man...I just plain never liked IRS. I'm not really sure if I care or not if he actually appears in WWE as I know nothing about him, but if I hear good things I might care.

You can't make the claim that Either Ted nor Cody have done nothing so far, they have more or less been in there for a few months each. Well from memory it takes a decent amount of time to build credible main eventers, unless they are great hulking brutes getting good booking. Tag Teaming is a forgotten art and if Ted and Cody can do well at it then that is very good.

As for the Son of IRS. This could mean another Blackjack team, that wouldn't be too bad. But Wait and see when it comes to the second and third generation wrestlers, remember that if they are 3rd generation they have a better understanding of what makes a match work rather than those that come through the Indys.

As long as they're talented, anybody is welcome in my book. It'd be a little weird to use him as the same old IRS character, though, lol.

Who knows? I say, don't be optimistic or pessimistic about it until you see him, and since I haven't witnessed anything, I can't judge yet.

But of course, I'd love to see more talented generational wrestlers (when are we getting Mr. Perfect 2.0 by the way? lol).

I know it's just taking something that worked well in the past, and trying to repackage a modern day twist with it, but if the Son of I.R.S. has the ability and talent then I firmly could see Cody turning into a single's wrestler, while a reformation of Money Inc. happens.

Like I said though, you can't always take something that worked in the past, and repackage it with a modern twist and expect it to work. I don't believe Ted DiBiase Jr. (after watching him for a few monthes now) has even half the talent his Father did. So far, he's taken one of the best catch-phrases ever for a 2nd Generation talent to use.. and driven it straight into the ground.

Don't get me wrong, I still love "Wall Street" or "Priceless" or whatever they want to call themselves. But at the same time, Ted DiBiase Jr.. is nowhere near Sr.. sadly, I was expecting him to be and that's my own fault.

As far as this new 2nd Generation Superstar, I haven't even seen him but apparently he's playing Football. Why, if he can make it as a Football star, would he want to take a pay cut without the guarantee of being in the Wrestling world longer than a couple years? (Granted Football carries the same risk, but as a rookie, he'll get a huge pay-off instantly if he's that good)

Enough with the second/third generation wrestlers already. A few of them pan out like Rock,Orton,Dustin Rhodes, etc, but you've got others like Ted Jr/Cody/Carlito/DH Smith that don't amount to any thing. I say make new stars and stop pushing daddy's boys.

You can't really claim that of Cody Rhodes and Ted Jr. They are 2 time tag champs and involved in one of the main angles with Randy Orton's stable forming. These two guys have everything it takes to be stars and I truly believe they will be. It's nice to see a real heel tag team that works as well as they do in these days where it seems the art of tag team wrestling has been lost.
Aside from that, they haven't been around very long at all. Cody has only been around for a little over a year and Ted just for a few months. You can't say they they were gonna do anything after that time. Randy was around for awhile before he got into Evolution and became the IC champ, then broke out as a singles star and eventually one of the best heels in the company where he is today. It's not something that happens overnight. Look at the progression and how long it took tag team guys like Edge and Jeff Hardy to get to ME status.
IMO, this stable will be the catalyst for their career just like Evolution was for Randy and Batista. Both of these guys have the look, mic skills, and ring skills that will only get better. They are young and have years ahead of them..i see both as future breakout stars and world title contenders.

But aside from all that I think this second generation thing is great. It was these guys fathers, uncles, grandfathers, etc. that paved the way for professional wrestling to be as big as it is today and many of those guys were really great wrestlers. If there sons really have that drive, then they could have the best teachers there are and be stars of the future. It'll be nice to have guys that really have a passion for the business as opposed to those who are pushed to superstardom and leave, never even acknowledging where they came from and who made them a household name (I'm talking to you Rock, Lesnar, Angle...)
I'm excited to see where these guys are gonna take the WWE and pro wrestling in general in the next 5-10 years and beyond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back