Something about injury.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
So, we have had various wrestlers get injured which is unfortunate but is unpredictable as well. The thing I want to discuss about is what happens after an injury.

Let's look on some injuries which we can remember:

• Seth Rollins in a live event against Kane.
  • Finn Balor at Summerslam against Seth Rollins.
  • Sting at Night Of Champions against Seth Rollins.

Something common in the above is that each match continued after the injury. Even more, in 2015 Cesaro was revealed to wrestle for a couple of months while having a injury. DJZ in TNA also did the same.

And there lies my question? Why?

Cesaro and DJZ were careless enough. And that's wrong. But the match could and should've stopped in case of Rollins, Sting and Balor.

I commend these three for completing the respective matches but wouldn't it be right to rather stop the match at the same time itself? Why take a risk of further worsening your injury? Likein case of Sting after getting hit with a second turnbuckle bomb.

Isn't the wrestler's well being more important than the result of the match?

Because there's a saying in show business, "The show must go on".

There have been times when a match will stop because of injury, but rarely are injuries life threatening. They're painful as hell, but they're going to be painful as hell whether you finish the match or not. It's not like Seth Rollins could have ended his match with Kane and suddenly felt much better.

Sting's was a little different example (as was Austin back in '97) as they were neck/spine injuries and those kind of injuries can lead to more severe consequences. But you also have to remember these guys don't know what the injury is at the time it happens, so usually the match will continue for a very short time after and then they can get treatment.

At the end of the days, it's not a big deal to finish matches with most injuries. It may hurt, but it's going to hurt no matter what. So you might as well give the fans their money's worth.

Because there's a saying in show business, "The show must go on".

There have been times when a match will stop because of injury, but rarely are injuries life threatening. They're painful as hell, but they're going to be painful as hell whether you finish the match or not. It's not like Seth Rollins could have ended his match with Kane and suddenly felt much better.

Sting's was a little different example (as was Austin back in '97) as they were neck/spine injuries and those kind of injuries can lead to more severe consequences. But you also have to remember these guys don't know what the injury is at the time it happens, so usually the match will continue for a very short time after and then they can get treatment.

At the end of the days, it's not a big deal to finish matches with most injuries. It may hurt, but it's going to hurt no matter what. So you might as well give the fans their money's worth.
I think that Seth Rollins could have felt better if the match ended at the same time itself. If it ends, his injury can be assessed and also have a temporary relief via some medicine. But if the match continues like it did, the injury's condition can get more worse.

Like, Rollins had a MCL and ACL tear. I have had similar ACL injury. And if you wrestle like Rollins or even walk, the tear becomes more wider. So, that kind of worsens the whole situation.

I agree that the wrestler don't know what kind of injury he/she have suffered. But I think that the match should be stopped as soon as a significant injury happens. It can be restarted if the injury is minor. After some assessment by a ringside doctor, I guess.

As long as it's not a neck or head injury I would prefer the match go on if a guy gets hurt, or at the very least just have the wrestlers "go home" then. I don't like it when they just stop the match when a guy hurts his leg or something. To me it kills the suspension of disbelief. I'd prefer at the very least the guy role out of the ring and get counted out.

As long as its not something serious I have no problem. If its minor you would probably notice just after the match because of adrenaline rush so you would still work. If its major you probably couldnt continue anyway.

WWE does care though. Bryan told the story were he wanted to continue a match and got the heat backstage because they stoped it and he yelled at HHH after that because he claimed that he could continue. And I get it, you are their investment, its in their interest for you to be healthy enough to work after that match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back