Somebody Returning to TNA as Well as Announcement on TV Future

Discussion in 'The Wrestling Archives' started by Chrome, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Chrome

Chrome Getting Noticed By Management

My guess.. is Eric Bischoff, his TV connections could prove handy right about now.

Who do you all think it is?

2. Starkist

Starkist (To Rip) The Heart From Your Hate

My guess is Hogan or Vince Russo. Eric Bischoff could be a possibility but I am leaning towards Vince Russo. Why you might ask? Well because we all miss "everything needs to be on a pole" matches. I am not sure I will be surprised by the name unless it is Aj fucking Styles.

3. whoopin' ass

whoopin' ass Championship Contender

Don West :p

I would say Bischoff but didn't he just start doing things with wwe again? I mean, there is nothing stopping him from returning but usually wwe likes to tie people up do they can't go back. But if it is someone with tv connections, that would be my best guess.
    I don't see it being Russo for 2 reasons - 1, he has been bashing TNA a lot so I can't see them bringing him back right now and 2, why would they advertise it? Unless he is going to be on an-screen character again, better not to mention he is working for the company. As well, he doesn't really have any tv connections. Otherwise, I have no clue who it would be who would be that important. Does make you wonder a little what is going on.

4. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

When not giving a name is better than giving a name it is not worth getting excited about Tommy Dreamer.

5. Really?

Really? Pre-Show Stalwart

Bischoff is possible. It won't be Russo, unless TNA is really ready to pull the plug. Russo is total Ebola to any wrestling company. He is not worth anything to anyone. So, sure in TNA is giving up, maybe it's Russo.

6. shooter_mcgavin

shooter_mcgavin Mid-Card Championship Winner

When I read your comment I thought I was reading a bumped thread from 2009 :lmao:

Hopefully it's neither Hogan/Bischoff since their return in 2009 was a failed experiment that set the company back by 100 steps.

I was thinking it might be Cornette but he's already signed in Global Force Wrestling I believe.

7. Rayne

Rayne Sally Section

Eric Bischoff has now tanked two professional wrestling companies, and people are hoping he's the 'big surprise' that is 'working with TNA in a major way.' Two thoughts:

1) Holy shit, have you guys completely smoked away your short-term memory? Were you all on the WZ Short Bus when it ran into a bridge and ended up with concussions? Or have we finally gotten that "Eternal Sunshine" machine going, where you can just zap painful memories out of your brain?
    2) I have the most sincere admiration for Eric Bischoff, because he is the most successful con man to ever grace an industry run for and by con men. The man can burn two cities to the ground, and people will line up to give him gifts of train tickets and dynamite.

8. shooter_mcgavin

shooter_mcgavin Mid-Card Championship Winner

Haha. You might want to add Hogan in that Mix. It was pretty obvious Hogan went to TNA to put him and his daughter over and not to help the company. I think AJ Styles even mentioned that Hogan never promoted TNA.

Mustang Sally likes this.
  9. Chrome

Chrome Getting Noticed By Management

I hope its not Tommy Dreamer or someone like that.. something tells me it might be Jim Cornette though or Bischoff.. I mean aren't the two of them working for GFW now? I remember seeing articles earlier this year of Bischoff saying he was helping with GFW as was Cornette... I don't think Bischoff and Cornette have ever worked together before have they?

Bischoff joins GFW
    http://411mania.com/wrestling/eric-bischoff-will-be-part-of-global-force-wrestling/

GFW Roster showcases Jim Cornette
    http://globalforcewrestling.com/roster/jimcornette/

or better yet.. I'd MTFO if it was..
    http://globalforcewrestling.com/roster/scottsteiner/

[​IMG]

Hollywood Naitch likes this.
  10. Hollywood Naitch

Hollywood Naitch The current reigning and defending

Could it be Hulk Hogan?? Would TNA go there right now given the negative publicity surrounded The Hulkster at the moment? I don't know...possibly?

However, I'm leaning towards it being either Eric Bischoff or Vince Russo. I know Russo is close with Jeff Jarrett and with TNA's relationship with Jarrett's GFW, would Russo be interested in returning to the wrestling business? It's a possibility...

Bischoff has a lot of links to the TV industry, so with TNA desperately seeking a new TV deal, Easy E could be the man to help them sort it? Plus, I don't care what anyone says about Bisch, he's a fantastic on screen character. So smarmy, smug and one of those people you just want to punch in the face when he's playing a bad guy. I'd be delighted to see Bischoff back on TNA television.

Mustang Sally likes this.
  11. Rayne

Rayne Sally Section

Hulk Hogan, prior to coming to TNA, had a list of accomplishments longer than anyone else in professional wrestling.

Eric Bischoff, prior to coming to TNA, was a man who had a very successful eighteen months as a professional wrestling promoter, which was ultimately revealed to be the result of massive expenditures which many other people took the loss for. He has successfully parlayed this into a successful television career consisting of reappearing on professional wrestling television occasionally and producing Scott Baio reality TV shows.

I can get why people continue to buy into Hulk Hogan thirty years outside of his prime. What I don't get is how people can watch Eric Bischoff burn their house down one night, then invite him to their next housewarming party and hand out thermite for gifts.
    No, no, no, no, no. BAD. Where did you hear that Eric Bischoff had "a lot of links" to the TV industry, from Eric Bischoff? He does not have a lot of links to the TV industry, that is a part of his character you have been sold on. Here's a listing, from BHE's own site, of the stuff they feel that they've done which merits the most attention:

I was unaware that Scott Baio had been a hit anything since he was Chachi. They still list themselves as producing iMPACT! on Spike TV, and the most recent press item they've promoted was in October 2014. I would not be surprised to know that they paid someone to build a website for their company, and have ignored it ever since as they have nothing going on.

Divorce yourself from this idea that Eric Bischoff is anything more than an excellent professional wrestling character. When it comes to business, the man has an extraordinary track record of enriching himself while empoverishing his investors.

12. hatehabsforever

hatehabsforever Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Based upon the way things have gone over the last several years, there will be hype and hoopla about this, and in the end, it will be a colossal disappointment. They will promise to shake the world of professional wrestling to its core, and then will give us Tommy Dreamer or someone like that.

I have no idea who it will be, but I would be shocked beyond belief if it was Eric Bischoff, Hulk Hogan, or Vince Russo. Given the current state of affairs, I just can't see either of these guys choosing to get involved with TNA at this time.

Believe it or not, my guess is a returning Kurt Angle. Sure, he's never actually left the company, but as I understand it, he hasn't been on TV for a while due to health/injury concerns. It could be that he is healthy again, and he is returning to TNA television. That's assuming, of course, that WWE does not come calling for him because if they did, he'd be gone quicker that you could say "it's true, it's damn true".

Whoever it turns out to be, I hope they have a life jacket and they don't stray too far from it. Because unfortunately, they are definitely going to need it.

13. Mustang Sally

Mustang Sally Sells seashells by the seashore

Yes, so: "Fool me once, shame on you.....fool me twice, shame on me."

In 2010, I never knew whether it was TNA's idea to bring in Hogan.....or whether Hogan was selling them a bill of goods, promising that his presence would '....take down WWE, brother!'

In either case, if the company hasn't learned from their first-hand experience with this guy, they deserve whatever they get, even if Hogan approached them with the idea of hiring him at a cut-rate price in order to repair his image.

Yet, that sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? I don't know that Hogan does anything at a discount.

As far as what they present, TNA has been on the right track since the Hogan/Bischoff era. Don't repeat a mistake.

Dagger Dias and hatehabsforever like this.
  14. WorstWrestlingExcrement

WorstWrestlingExcrement Getting Noticed By Management

GFW has Eric Bischoff and AJ Styles in their roster so I think it will be one of them appearing

15. Lowdown

Lowdown Ooh baby I like it roooaaaaw!

I won't speculate on who I think it could be, mainly because all of the previous guesses would've been something I might've mentioned. All in all, right now I could care less who they're bringing in unless whoever it is can and would magically dig them out of the hole they're in. I want to remain optimistic, I really do. Truth is TNA could use all the help they can get. This whole GFW invasion is nothing but a failure, so they need a fresh start. But not with hoopla like this.

16. The Dragon Saga

The Dragon Saga Whale in a Teardrop

If it's Scott Steiner, I don't care how boring or bad the show is, I'll watch it weekly. He was gold on Impact.

I DON'T GOT ANY SUGAR, WHAT YOU WANT ME TO DO? PLAY THE GEE-TAR; I CAN'T PLAY NO GEE-TAR AND I DONT GOT NO SUGAR IN MY POCKETS!! A CHEESEBURGER, I DONT GOT NO CHEESEBURGERS I DON'T GOTS NO CHEESEBURGERS OR SUGAR!

AJ Styles is not and AJ Styles can't appear on Impact because of NJPW. Hes said this.

17. It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real! The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

If Jarrett really did mend fences with his dad, could it be Jerry Jarrett?

If not, in order, my guesses are as follows:

Eric Bischoff — clear link through television, regardless of how you feel about him as a businessman/con artist. Runs a production company that produced TNA television products for years. Might be brought back in to help foster a new television home?

Jerry Jarrett — one half of the original founders, most often mischaracterized as only being Jeff. Not so. His dad was right there with him out of the gate.

Jim Cornette — to a far lesser extent, and I'm not sure to what value he'd really be.

On a related note, if it's Hogan, I swear to fuck, I quit.

18. TDFG

TDFG Championship Contender

For financial reasons, unless it involves buying a controlling stake in the company, I don't see it being Hogan or Bischoff.

That being said, it leaves only really leaves Jeff Jarrett and I don't know what it could be other than a TNA/GFW merger.

19. It's Damn Real!

It's Damn Real! The undisputed, undefeated TNA &

Depends on how you interpret "coming back to work with them again". Technically, I'd argue Jarrett has already come back to work with them. He's been doing so for weeks through this poorly handled GFW invasion.

To me, the quote in the OP, vague as it is, reads more as someone "new". Someone old, presented as new. Someone who hasn't been working with them recently who is actually returning. Bischoff, Hogan, Dutch Mantell, Russo, whomever.

20. TheMaskedNewton

TheMaskedNewton Occasional Pre-Show

May be it is Bruce Pitchard? I reckon he was there during 2011-2012. Came up with gimmicks like Championship Thursday, Gut Check, Open Fight etc. I actually loved the product at that time. He had some troubles with Talent Relations, but creative wise, he was damn good.