So, the ratings were good. Will this hurt or help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommatt

Occasional Pre-Show
Evidently the ratings were really good. Sounds like they rivaled raw and smackdown. Alot of the ppl watching were ECW faithfulls, along with some WWE fans that tuned in to see cena/edge and see what it was all about.

The show bombed, so I"m sure not as many will tune in next time. Although I guess some younger WWE fans enjoyed it, and thought the battle royal was extreme.

But, heres my question, will this hurt or help ECW IMO? The arguments go both ways.

Raitings were good, they exceeded expectations, and were above the goal level for ECW. This shows that ECW can suceed if done right. There is a market for it. Along with PPV sales being good last year, and this year for ONS, vince has to be seeing $$$$ signs, and seing this as a good business opportunity.

Ratings were good. Paul E. Wrote the script, then from what I"ve heard, Vince changed alot and Paul wasn't happy. Raitings were good so now Vince looks like a genius? HIs ideas made the show. This could be, and we could see more of the same. Evidentlyt here was some heat between them on the show, one of my guesses is the angle credible match wasn't suppsoed to be a total job, we know it was supposed to be an alien supposedly and not a zombie, but what else? Less promos? Less flashbacks? Less of the WWE interference crap? The only ohter thing I can think of was the battle royal was supposed to showcase ECW talent and wrestling, isntead of big show running around killing everybody, ECW stars randomly beating ppl with signs, and no actual wrestling.

So, how do you think the ratings will affect the future vision and direction of what is being called ECW? Will I tune in next week? Yeah. If it sucks will I keep watching, probably. I'll probably tivo it after a month if it dosn't get better, and just keep hoping it gets better.

The fact that ratings were good can hurt the show cuz Vince can think his product was good, and the fans were into it. Hopefully he takes this as knowing people are watching and maybe Paul E can run it. Paul ran OVW, vince should trust him. I think Stef and shane might influence Vince. If Vince were to pass away or something ECW would go up in flames because Steff hates Heyman.

Vince will credit the ratings to the appearence of John Cena.

Vince wouldn't know good wrestling if it hit him in the face Heyman is a genius and should run everything

Wow, just look at all these Vince Haters. I hate Vince too but let's give blame to everyone who deserves it. As Hank Hill would say, Paul Heyman needs a good kick in the ass, for allowing all of his wrestlers to be treated like rag dolls.

But if the ratings are good, then thats Okay. Because Who cares about us? We're just Morons who learnt how to use a computer. And Unless Paul Shoots and admits his wrong soon, I'll lose all hope for the ECW name.

p,s, I'm a dork.

ECW needs more wrestlers I thought it was hilarious when they were like and here comes the ecw locker room and theres like 7 guys

"Vince will credit the ratings to the appearence of John Cena."

Exactly. That and the fact that the first show usually does good ratings. Other than the opening stuff,that crowd was dead has hell. Reminded me of the WCW crowds when it was apparent that company was done.

^^^the crowd was pathetic...I think the crowd were the zombies Sci Fi were looking for

Speaking of The Zombie...Those shots to the face sandman delivered musta hurt like a fuckin bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back