Smackdown or ECW crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

5thHorseman

Getting Noticed By Management
If anyones been reading my posts the past couple of days will see that I'm a huge ECW fan. The only thing that worries me about ECWs return is how is the crowd gonna be? With ECW being Live after the smackdown tapings whats the crowd gonna be like? Smackdown and ECW have two totally different fanbases, but it could be a good thing. On the good side, I see ECW gaining a bigger audience in a whole making ECW a true household name, And with the tapings together Smackdown might start selling out arenas again with a whole new Audience coming in for ECW. On the poor side, what makes ECW is the fans and the reactions of the live crowd. If its a primarily a Smackdown crowd, Is the crowd going react like an ECW crowd, Will the electricity gonna be there still? Ultimately this will keep ECW the legendary product it was and still is before the premiere show, or will the crowds end up killing it? What's your predictions or opinions?

I think its a mistake, and will take away from the feeling. Then again, I hope I"m wrong. As long as there are a majority of ECW faithfull (Although I think not) the electricity will be contagious. Could you imagine a huge arena pumped with ECW energy? It could be something to see. I hope.

I understand its smart business, saves money, but I wish ECW would tour around its scene, with its crowd for the shows.

Tommatt said:
I think its a mistake, and will take away from the feeling. Then again, I hope I"m wrong. As long as there are a majority of ECW faithfull (Although I think not) the electricity will be contagious. Could you imagine a huge arena pumped with ECW energy? It could be something to see. I hope.

I understand its smart business, saves money, but I wish ECW would tour around its scene, with its crowd for the shows.

ECW has a tour planned for the summer for a bunch of house shows in the old arenas they used to wrestle in, but I don't see it being the same on TV, I hope these house shows get some TV time. I know what you meen with big arenas, Imagine 20,000+ fans chanting ECW at the top of there lungs at Madison Square Guarden or the Staples Center. One word - EXTREME!

I remember the WWF used to show tapings of matches from house shows back during the days of Prime Time Wrestling. They could easily do something like that. And I'd much rather see an ECW at an ECW type arena rather than the 20,000 plus seat arenas Smackdown and Raw tapings are at. It may work tomorrow since Edge and cena are showing up, but I hope eventually they get back to their roots. Every show doesn't have to be in an MSG type of building.

I thinks its a brillant marketing stradegy from the WWE marketing team, now SD will be packed full with a hot crowd, all waiting for ECW.

I'm not expecting a typical ECW crowd tonight. I dont live on the east coast so i dont know how well its been marketed. The usual smackdown fans will be there but how many people knew that ECW was going to be live?

Lets be honest with each other. We all want that scalding hot ECW crowd but today there is a chance that we wont get that. Maybe not next week either. I think the word needs to spread. If they would have talked about the ECW deal on sci-fi a month or two leading up to it then fans would have had time to prepare.

The smartest move would have been to give away a number of front row seats at the PPV on sunday. Like the first 7 rows that the camera typically faces. (To the left of the aisle and straight ahead opf the aisle. Those seem to be typically to most sides we see.

On the other side of the coin we can rest assured that the ECW fans are just as hardcore as we are beause no matter what state you are in every ECW fan is exactly the same. Maybe i will be wrong, it will be electric and i will eat my hat! (heres hoping)

But lets not give our hopes up. Thats my main point. Its still in a transitional phase

i'm a huge ecw fan too. I hope to join ECW someday in 2007 or 2008 and i think that the new ECW will still have its former glory from the old days but with new wrestlers and new ideas, ECW will go all the way, and i used to be a part of the SmackDown! Crowd but decided to go back to my old roots due to the fact that ECW is still better than WWE or WCW. I can't wait to see what the new ECW has in store for hardcore fans like you and me!

- Owner of Extreme Texas Wrestling
Christopher "Devastation" Dugger

I use to be a huge ecw fan but then it went away and i grew to love smackdown and raw more than ecw now that it is back i think the fans outcome will not be the way they expected they cant just go away and then suddenly come back i mean weve grown to love smackdown and raw

Yes some that like wwe and not ecw don't get wrong i will tune in tonite but wwe will always be a quality show and will always have a better.

See, I'm an ECW faithfull, and while I always liked raw, and WCW was hot for awhile, none of it could compete with ECW. After they went broke, I actually lost interest in WWE. Maybe it was the lack of competition that made the inovative storytelling disapear, I dunno, but it was all stale to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back