Sketch Comedy!

Discussion in 'The Media Hub' started by enviousdominous, Jun 29, 2016.

1. enviousdominous

enviousdominous Behold my diction

Sometimes it's not enough to listen to a comedian relate their humorous perspectives using just a stage and a microphone, we want to see those whimsical anecdotes played out so we can feel more immersed in the wackiness.

I'm going to bump this thread every Tuesday with an example, but hopefully some hidden gems of funny are shared so we can make Tuesday look less like the most mundane day of the week (the only exception being Mardi Gras). If I add a skit explanation, it will be in spoilers because sometimes they ruin the skit.

Here's a Mr. Show bit that's fun:

David Cross explained in the DVD commentary for this season of Mr. Show that the idea for the skit came from a common party prank where one would do exactly as the Queen did in this bit, the pay-off being when everyone is standing around asking "Why isn't anyone else leaving?"

That bit left me the exact opposite of bedrowsed! I need something slightly less "HA HA!" funny and more "Uh huh" funny.

I need The Two Ronnies (and John Cleese):

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  2. enviousdominous

The skit that made the term "splunge" into a household word, in my household that is. Classic Monty Python to help this post-holiday Tuesday.

Some bits make me crack up, and make everyone else confused. Eugene Levy, on SCTV, plays a guy who just can't stop moving while he's desperately trying to sell you mundane objects.

3. enviousdominous

Canada is funny and anyone who doesn't think so is a jackass. I'll hopefully convert any proud jackasses lurking about by forcing them to watch this classic featuring Alanis Morissette and her family.

I'd stomp those jackass critics of Canadian sketch comedy into pavement paste if they could ever figure out that I was picking a fight with them. The world's coolest homosexual, Scott Thompson, demonstrates what these dim-witted jackasses behave like. Jackasses!

4. enviousdominous

The undisputed king of sketch comedy was none other than Chris Farley. It's hard to believe that such a natural talent would have had humble beginnings, until one watches this sketch:

In honor of the theme of not doing things that you're not supposed to do, the following sketch is a great idea for remedial training for some of our users with dirty minds:

5. enviousdominous

You know, I haven't posted a sketch based on obnoxious security guards in a while now. Here's one!

It's also been a very long time since I posted anything involving Chris Farley. To take advantage of all the drama surrounding the US election, here's a vid of Chris Farley as Newt Gingrich presiding over Congress. Also; Sonny Bono.

6. enviousdominous

Song lyrics have been a hot topic on the forums recently, and it got me thinking about how annoying it is when they're sung improperly. The Vacant Lot wrote a super skit about this subject, but unfortunately the video quality is forever stuck in the year 1995.

Awww sheee-yat, it almost looked like a fight was going to break out there. Fights usually end up in lots of inappropriate touching, as seen in this real-time documentary on the subject starring Jordan Peele and Keegan-Michael Key:

7. enviousdominous

Sometimes comedy is very educational, and in this skit God himself shares his eternal wisdom for our stupid brains:

Meanwhile; some stupid forsaken human beings were up to this:

8. enviousdominous

Dating sucks! Just ask Bill Nye.

Why date when you can just go to a bar and try your luck? It worked for Bert.

9. enviousdominous

Sometimes skits are taped, and editing errors completely ruin the entire sketch! The following is a cautionary example of how badly that can go:

Mistakes are the product of subconscious uncertainty, like when you're not quite sure if you have to go to the bathroom and you end up pooping your pants. Also, the Beatles:

10. enviousdominous

People tend to stop me on the street and ask "Where do you get all those cool videos for your sketch comedy thread on the Wrestlezone Forums!?" I always respond by referring them to this video:

But I have to show sketch comedy videos in pairs, because Jeremy Irons:

11. enviousdominous

WHAT A DAY! First off; I morphed into Dick Van Dyke because I happen to be Morph from the X-Men (the greatest of all X-People) and the power company told me that I had died!

I was so fed up with all that nonsense (to include falling out of a window) that I morphed into a Dalek and just tried to make the most of everything.

12. enviousdominous

Well everyone, I got PUNKED on Saturday. The grieving process would have ended sooner, if not for a few rotten hooligans terrorizing my town!

Why can't we all -- to include CM Punk -- be more PG!? Let's all be more Peter Graves.

13. enviousdominous

Technology makes everything great! Unless it doesn't, that is.

When technology thinks it can bully us around by forcing us to accept idiotic bank account information or limit a young lady's ability to steal pies from an old lady, that's where the Rapping Judge comes in!

14. enviousdominous

What do we (yanks) want!? We want tax returns and e-mails right friggin' now! At the same time, 3..2..1..GO! Dammit, they're not doing it. Looks like I gotta' bug Sherlock Holmes.

Oh geez, now Sherlock Holmes is refusing to be "politically correct". I miss the old Sherlock, when he used his maiden name "Hemlock".

15. enviousdominous

When you're a bonafide mac-daddy like myself, you have a habit of meeting the hottest babes. The women I meet are HOT, and sweaty. Very very sweaty, that's hot.

Wait a minute... I think I'm having another crying game moment. This is bad for my reputation! Need a distraction; Babes and Gentlemen, Mr. Conway Twitty (and Bowzer)!

16. enviousdominous

Dogs can talk, and they're infinitely more articulate than us shaven hominids. I often betray the illusion that I might not be fucking insane when I talk, so I understand why dogs often choose not to talk. And now; Tim Fisher and Bill Connelly have something to say on behalf of our canine overlords.

Filthy disgusting humans only understand brief commands shouted in a loud authoritative tone. WATCH VIDEO!

17. enviousdominous

And now, for something completely different. I'm in dire need of rehab due to stress caused by the 2016 election, and this next skit is the equivalent to bashing my skull with a frying pan to cast the demons out. Enjoy!

Dammit, I'm all out of frying pans. I think I'll just wean myself on the Canadian electoral process.

18. enviousdominous

CALM DOWN! Look at yourselves! We're all behaving like jerks! Write me in as your next US President (or King of planet Earth if you so desire) and I will propose legislation that will create mandatory bed times for all citizens. LET'S MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN... IN BED!

Sure we can vote, and we can have our fun little opinions. But can a woman become President!? I need help compiling the likelihood of this occurrence, but having the mind of a six year old means that I'll need to appeal to a puppet show for concrete answers.

19. enviousdominous

I'm cancelling the 2016 election. Now now now! One more word and I'm going to cancel the last eighty years of history! *poof*

Okay, apparently I forgot that I wasn't actually able to do any of that. What we must not subsequently forget to do is vote, and to remember to do that we have to remember who is running for President. Since the current candidates are so easy to forget, here's a fun way to remind yourself.

20. enviousdominous

Awareness is depressing; the more I learn about myself and the great beyond, the more I feel inferior to the vastness of existence! Surely there must be some way for me to forget all that accumulated knowledge and just be happy not being at all! ALMIGHTY BOB! GIVE ME A SIGN!

I'll admit, I'm so scared that I had to hook myself up to an iv to replace all the fluids I lost through peeing in my pants. If I went to a bathroom, I'd miss all the exciting coverage of this Presidential election thingie. There's a good chance that we'll all be going to Hell for voting for whomever is in the running, and thankfully Hell is manned by Rowan Atkinson.

21. enviousdominous

These days, there's so much chaos in the streets that you can't rob a store without witnessing a fight between a clogger and a b-movie actor.

Self-defense has become a necessity to survive in this ultra-violent world, and the perfect defense is to feign ignorance at all costs.

22. enviousdominous

French anarchist Pierre-Joseph Proudhon once said "La propriété, c'est le vol!"

I have no idea what that means, so here's a fun video:

Dammit, I feel so STUPID. I need to learn French, STAT! I'll do this by appealing to a Japanese tv program, that teaches English, by teaching Spanish (in an Austrian accent):

23. enviousdominous

Ever since Donald Trump became the President, various Human Resources departments have had to adopt new protocols in advising their employees on the complexities of sexual harassment.

Beyond learning how to be gentlemen, we the male people are also desperate for ways to get into better physical shape and deal with the frustration of having a jerk-wad for a President. Paul Baloff (rest his soul) is here to teach us all how to work those side muscles.

24. enviousdominous

My brain is almost at max capacity, and that's a very bad thing. My only means of rebooting is to have a brain transplant from a clone I had created for me at some place called Darson's Hall.

*head explodes* *head regenerates*

Must... relearn... basic... skills. Must... brush... teeth.

25. enviousdominous

Good news everyone! Donald Trump has named me as his head for the prestigious Department of Special Projects. I ask myself; what is the Department of Special Projects anyway?

Behind every great man, is a great potted plant. My first special project will be to upgrade this nation's potted plants.