Sitcoms Tourney: Lariat's Honorable Mention

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
I was pondering a lot of stuff at work yesterday. Since I had nothing to do and all. And I thought of a few shows that should have gotten in the tourney over shows such as Joanie Loves Chachi, Malcolm in the Middle, and others. I will mention them here.

Empty Nest

I loved this damn show. Harry Weston was awesome. This show was a spinoff of the Golden Girls and it did a great job of appealing to the same audience that Golden Girls did. And to me, it was as funny. His daughters were funny, Joe Isuzu was funny, too. I know his name is David Leisure. I call him Joe Isuzu. Anyway, the show was great, and he even added Roz from Night Court as one of his nurses. Excellent.

COACH

How the fuck did THIS show get passed up. Craig T. Nelson is a damn riot as a head football coach. Dobber is priceless and Jerry Van Dyke was hilarious on that show, too. It had a great run and was very popular in its day. For shame. Coach is worlds better than Joanie Loves Chachi

Sports Night

This show was Arrested Development before there WAS Arrested Development. A brilliant show set in an ESPN type TV network. With witty dialogue and a terrific cast, this show was too far ahead of its time. It's low ratings were due to people 'not getting it'. Similar to Arrested Development. This show should have been included and could have gone far.

Blossom

No excuse for this show to NOT be in the tourney. Blossom was wonderful. Six, Joey, and the rest of the cast were great. They had great chemistry and it related to everyone, from kids to adults. And "WHOA!" was as catchy as any saying on television during that time. As lame as it was. But the show was awesome.

These are my honorable mentions. I'm not downing IC or Tdigs at all. This is a great tourney. But these shows could have gotten in with no complaints at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back