• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sid Vicious, Goldberg, and The Rock

Attitude

Getting Noticed By Management
First I want to plug my two threads Undertaker vs kane and shawn michaels at WM and then the nwo, dx, and 4 horsemen thread. If you guys didn't get a chance to read them there in the old school and world wrestling entertainment threads. Second if this has been done I apologize. Third I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

So these three men are wanting or suppose to return. I think this would be a smart move by wwe with Shawn retiring Undertaker constantly taking time off and Triple H and Batista are suppose to take time off. Goldberg, Sid Vicious, and The Rock would freshen up the main event big time and add some really great matches. We could finally see the Rock vs. Goldberg II. We could see Goldberg vs. Rock, Goldberg vs. Sid Vicious, or Rock vs. Sid Vicious(which is something we have never seen).

What do you guys think? What matches do guys see from this? What storylines could we get? How much would having these three guys help the WWE?

What I really think would be fantastic is if Goldberg came back in the middle of a Cena segment and cut a promo about how mediocre PRO WRESTLING has become and tells Cena it's time for a change. At that point, I'd look for Goldberg to make Cena next. After winning a battle royal to determine the top contender in the middle of the show, Goldberg then goes on to squash Cena in the main event. People who were fans of wrestling during it's top era will love this. Goldberg will win the WWE Championship and bring the ass-kicking back to the WWE. And then he'd declare himself a champion for the adult male demo. Sort of like a worked shoot.

After that, Rock would come back. He'd claim to have been locked into his contract already as he wanted to do what Goldberg did and bring ATTITUDE back to wrestling. However, Goldberg got there first and now Rock wants a title shot. He says that first Rock will have to go through a gauntlet involving Edge, Orton, and Shitista. Rock does this with ease as he's a cut above them. At SummerSlam, Rock-Goldberg for the title takes place. Sid interferes at the end, causing a no-contest. The next night on Raw, he squashes Kane and starts wear a mask, declaring himself WWE's new DESTRUCTION MACHINE. Rock and Goldberg both want revenge, so they set a Triple Threat for Breaking Point. Goldberg retains by making Rock tap to an arm bar. At Hell in a Cell, Sid starts a monsterous run by winning the title from Goldberg in a 45 minute war of ATTRITION.

TNA would have no idea what hit them. How fresh is that? Definitely how I'd book them.

Are they supposed to be returning in a wrestlign capacity? I thought Goldberg maybe one more match and the HOF next year, and the Rock maybe a guest host spot. If it is form a wrestling standpoint, Sid Vicious doesn't have his spot anymore. The new generation of wrestling fan doesn't know who he is, and older fans aren't as psyched as they are for Goldberg or the Rock. I doubt, very highly doubt, the Rock's gonna be wrestling, especially since he wanted to drop it from his name for good. Goldberg, I don't see coming back for an extended period, if even for one match. Potentially these guys could make for good tv, but like I said, I don't see any staying for a long time. I know I kinda blew off the whole point of the thread, but this is all I see coming from a "return" of any of the three, although Goldberg v. Taker, Goldberg v. Sheamus, and the Rock v. Michaels (too late though) would make me mark out like crazy lol

I think it would be terrible, for so many reasons.

The first is their ages, they would among the oldest on the roster.

Secondly is the ammount of time it has been since any of them last wrestled. They could be not be as good as they used to be (and Goldberg and Sid were never that good technically anyway IMO) and this could lead to them injuring themselves, or others.

My biggest problem with this though is that they all left wrestling because thay wanted to do something else, the desire had gone. They return, and we will all be waiting for them to leave again, and all their return will have done is make all the current superstars look weak by having them all be beaten by 3 people who just wanted a quick, final paycheck as they remind the world of why they are household names today in the first place.

i have a couple of points to make 1st the rock is in the best shape he has been in in a long time and second about the line they all left wrestling to do other stuff rock yes goldberg yes sid no broke his leg very badly during a wcw match and ws told he may not wrestle again but anyway i think it would be good to see these three men back in the e i see sid working matches with the likes of kane henry sheamus knox i see goldberg vs batista for the gold in a spear vs spear angle and the rock mocking the likes of jericho punk and swagger think of the promos the rock could cut on punk and swagger it would be gold

To give a little more thought on why I think it would be great to hire them back. On another thread someone stated that guys like John Cena, Batista, and Randy Orton aren't on Austin or Hogan's level and that Cena, Batista, and orton don't really have the star power that Austin or Hogan have. Although I agree they don't have the star power I think Rock, Vicious, Goldberg returning and fueding with them and other younger talent could use a push.

Although John Cena, Batista, and Randy Orton have gotten rubs off of Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho how many times do they fued with them until their considered on the same level as Austin, Hogan, Warrior, Macho Man, The Rock, and Ric Flair. Like I said Goldberg, Vicious, and The Rock could freshen up the ME scene. The Rock could work start a fued with Cena. Sid Vicious with Orton, and Goldberg with Batista. There's also plenty of other guys on the roster that could use the rub and the push such as Jack Swagger, John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, MVP, and Kofi Kingston.

I personally think these three men could bring back obviously star power and credibility. These are some other reason's why I think it would be great to bring back these three men.

( I know this is long but if you take the time to read it I think you might like what I laid out)

I personally don't think any of them need to come back, and have plenty of faith in the current roster. I think the only way that any of them should be used is to in turn make something really really big happen. Not that their returns wouldn't be big enough as is, but it's not really necessary. If your going to do it I would use The Rock if you could pay him enough money to wrestle for a while, and I would bring in Goldberg for a little while as well. I'll say 6 months.

I would use The Rock to turn John Cena. I think that is going to be a serious shit your pants moment when this guy turns heel at some point, and don't think he won't. The returning Rock would have huge fan support and be able to instigate a feud with Cena. You could have The Rock come out for his welcome back ceremony where he would bring people up to speed telling everyone he is going to be back for awhile in more words or less. From here he could go on a rant about why he's coming back, have him say something about the WWE going soft, and needing someone to come and stick their boot sideways up someone else's roody poo candy ass, because that's not what The Rock has been seeing going on around the WWE lately!!!

This next part is where he instigates the feud. The Rock then just shoots on Cena, the usual criticisms and then some delivered fashionably by The Rock. He would have to make mention of how the crowd boos him all the time and how stupid he looks just smiling back at them like a kid on a sugar high, something along those lines.

This then prompts Cena to come out and do the "Why you hatin' dog, I respect you, I love the business, blah blah blah" promo, which the Rock interrupts with "IT Doesn't Matter What You Think!!!" or something like that, to which the crowd roars. The Rock says he's calling out John Cena to prove the difference between PG and TNT (i.e. dynamite)(analogy to that nature, He's back and John Cena is the guy The Rock wants to face to prove he is still the most electrifying man in sports entertainment, and prove that John Cena is (insert expletive, or some kind of derogatory terminology) totally dogging Cena the whole time to instigate the feud.

Cena then says that The Rock needs to shake off his ring rust before he thinks about getting in the ring with him, this is where we begin to see a little attitude coming from Cena where he is showing he is actually getting mad. As he continues to cut his own promo on The Rock he becomes more and more upset as he is speaking, showing that whatever was said got under his skin.

Cena says if The Rock can beat an opponent of his choosing then he will have a match with him at the next PPV in any style of match he wants. The Rock just stands there for a second as though he is thinking about it, letting the crowd get a little anxious, then slowly reaching out to shake on it with Cena who in turn slowly reaches out to shake hands, and that is the end of the initial segment to get this ball rolling.

Cena would then choose someone big like Randy Orton, Triple H, or Batista who The Rock would then beat in a the main event of the show.

The next week The Rock would reveal what type of match he wants to have saying that he is choosing a match he has had some experience in, an "I Quit" match, vowing to make Cena quit to much fan reaction. The Rock informs the crowd as well as Cena that the paperwork is ready to be signed, so later they would have a contract signing, where both men end up tough talking each other, cut their promos, and hype the match. No one touches anyone, no fights or hi-jinx, just tension.

The next week you could do something like have them be in a tag match or something, but neither ever gets a hold of the other man, once again they don't lock horns. Have them face whatever tag team you wish, they coexist and win the match, afterward staring each other down, ending the show.

The whole time you are seeing Cena get legitimately mad(kayfabe) once again as if he is about to lose control as the crowd chants Cena Sucks, and the Camera shows all the anti Cena signs possible, as The Rock shoots on him about all of that kind of stuff saying how much he sucks, calling him out on the 5 moves of death, FU and STFU, etc... which the fans would probably cheer coming from The Rock setting the stage for a Cena turn.

At the PPV the two would of course have the match and that can go almost however you can imagine an "I Quit" match between The Rock and John Cena going until the finish. Right before they decide to take it home, The Rock will get John Cena in his sharpshooter, Cena sells it like crack, and the fans get the feeling Cena is about to quit from the pain as The Rock keeps yelling at him asking if he's ready to quit. The Rock let's Cena out of the Sharpshooter and goes to get a mic after holding Cena in the move for a long time to try and get him to say "I Quit" in the microphone.

Cena is recovering and begins to get up as The Rock slides in the ring with the mic in hand rushing over giving Cena some Rock Punches with his free hand to which Cena starts to fire back with lefts and rights getting the upper hand to Irish whip The Rock into the ropes to hit his flying shoulder block beginning the 5 moves of death leading to the F-U. Cena then grabs the mic that had fallen out of The Rock's hand putting it too his face asking if he quits. The Rock refuses and Cena starts getting frustrated, now hovering over The Rock punching him in the face repeatedly asking is he wants to quit. Cena gets more and more viscous beginning to slam his head up and down on the mat completely freaking out trying to end The Rock.

Cena then goes and gets a chair repeatedly beating The Rock with the chair as the crowd boos him, to which Cena responds by going and getting the ring bell and hitting The Rock with it too, picking him up off the canvas to hit him with another F-U as well. After the next F-U The Rock finally says "I Quit" realizing he is too injured to win now. Afterwards Cena continues to beat The Rock, and mock the fans yelling at them seemingly cursing them, and freaking out the whole time.

It would then be the next night on Raw where Cena came out and said how he just let go during the match, and stopped caring what the crowd thought, and just wanted to beat The Rock. He says he's tired of trying to win them over only to have them constantly chant he sucks, much like they did to The Rock which is why he wanted to beat him, because he is better than The Rock ever was. Cena goes on to say "If I can't make you love me, Boy am I gonna make you hate me." and starts by just getting out of the ring right after saying that right over to Jerry Lawler to kick his ass which he does as the fans boo and chant against him, and you have finally turned Cena heel.

I apologize for the length but now that you've read it hopefully you understand why, I had to give details to make it make sense.

With Goldberg I would make have him feud against Batista in a feud much like he had with Triple H in HIAC matches to build Batista, keep in mind I would just be bringing both The Rock and Goldberg in to help establish the new generation as well as John Cena and Batista for maybe 6 months. Batista of course would come out on top of this feud, and it's one that at one time people were dying to see, and would probably still enjoy.

I see no real use for Sid, he just doesn't really have a place in the WWE anymore. In his prime he was a very intimidating specimen, and is still big, but I can't imagine that he could deliver a quality match any better than Goldberg at this point and between the two I'll take Goldberg.

Once again, sorry for the length if it was all that bad.

I do see them returning, but not wrestling. If/When the rock returns in the summer, I don't see him getting into the ring and wrestle a match. If we're lucky we'll see him at least giving someone the people's elbow. I say this because when Austin guest hosted, he didn't even stunner anyone and I could have see him stunner dozens of the wrestlers. I don't think sid vicious would be wrestling either and goldberg, he said himself he would like to have 1 last fight, so maybe they would give him that final send off at wrestlemania 27 at Atlanta.

With HBK retiring, taker, HHH, batista taking time off, it would be good for these guys to come in and do something, which would give the fans something to be interested in, I would like to see all 3 men returning, maybe not all at the same time, because I think it would be too much.

I would like to see the rock in segments with cena, and one can think this could happen as the "E" wants the rock to have one last match with John Cena. As for Sid and goldberg, I'mnot too bothered with what they would be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back