RAW Draft Show

No Way Out

One Night Stand - Night of Champions

Unforgiven

Royal Rumble

Bound for Glory

Slammy Award RAW

SummerSlam

Summerslam with Mania 24 a close second....The opening match between MVP and Hardy was good with lots of back-and-forth action. CM Punk/JBL wasn't as bad as I thought it would be since JBL fits Punk's style more than Batista...Cena/Batista was great and you could see the passion between those two...Undertaker/Edge was one of the best HIAC matches I've seen...Loved it when they crashed through the cell and Taker chokeslammed Edge through the tables...I would have to like to seen the whole cell in flames but I wasn't disappointed with the ending.

Weren't One Night Stand and Night of Champions different shows?

That being said, I'll take WM 24. This show had it all. Punk wins MITB, we get a great shock from Orton retaining, Taker and Edge is a great classic, and we have the most historic match in a long timer as Flair hangs up the boots. That's a huge deal no matter how bad the match actually was. The show had few bad points, and god himself hated the diva's match so much he turned the lights out during it. That's just priceless. Easily the winner for me.

Yeah for me it has to be Wrestlemania 24.

It was just a great show overall. Almost every match had great importance and were big time matches. HBK vs Flair was a good story, despite of what some might think of the match. Batista vs Umaga was poor, but at least it felt like it was some important match. The divas tag team was decent, but at least it showed Santino Marella and Snoop Dogg. We crowned a new ECW Champion in Kane, in a match that lasted 9 seconds, thankfully. Big Show vs Floyd Mayweather was a draw, and the match was actually pulled off quite well.

The WWE Championship triple threat match was very good and underrated by many. Plus, nobody at all expected Randy Orton to retain. The money in the bank ladder match was awesome as always with great spots and a shocking victor in CM Punk. The Finlay/JBL match was decent and hardcore. And the Undertaker vs Edge match was good but extremely overrated. I was entertained from the start of the show to the very end, and that's all that really counts.

And that is why this was the best show of the year.

Each WWE PPV show offered something, none were bad. I guess you'd have to go with Mania. Even if you take the one poor match, Flair vs. HBK, it still had enough to make it worth watching.

Overall it's been an excellent year for WWE on PPV.

Mania. All the matches were atleast decent, except for the Divas match. :) But that was atleast entertaining when Snoop Doggy Dog punched Santino. It was a pretty good Mania, I guess. Edge/Taker was really good. Flair and Michaels had a lot of emotion in it and it was special. Michaels really stepped it up and carried Flair to an alright match. But yeah.. All in all, good show.

Easily WrestleMania 24, because it was much better than everybody expected. All the matches were very solid, and some were amazing. Punk winning the MITB was unexpected, giving us a new surprise as everyone thought Jericho would win. Orton retaining the title was also unexpected, look at the polls before, he was the one least expected to win. Celebrity involvement, always nice to see, especially someone who is athletic.

Wrestlemania 24 wins this in a heartbeat.

Even with two over the hill guys in Finlay and JBL opening the card with a Brawl,t he show just chugged along.

The Money in the Bank was surprisingly damn good,and CM Punk winning it took me by surprise. Batista vs. Umaga was terrible, but that was to be expected, like wise with the over blown and over hyped Michaels vs. Flair match. The moment of the night, the power going out during the Women's matchup, couldn't have happened during a better match. Randy Orton retaining was another huge surprise as well. Mayweather and Show had one helluva match, and all of this culminated in the best match of the year, Edge vs. The Undertaker.

I voted for SummerSlam. It was a overall exellent show. I was actualy pretty pumped for the show and it actualy delivered. John Cena vs Batista was one of the best matches of the year and is very underrated. It had everything a big showdown needs. Then we got Edge vs Undertaker in a Hell in a Cell match. That match was a high speed spot fest that everybody loved. Overall Summerslam had 2 great matches and the rest of the card was filled with some pretty good bouts. That's good enough to win show of the year in my book.

SummerSlam, maybe I'm voting for this because I was there, but idk. I think this card was great overall. Hardy v. MVP was great and did better than expected, IMO the only match that wasnt that great was the HHH v. Khali match, but that is to be expected as Khali was in the match. And Cena v. Batista was phenomal as was HIAC!

I think Mania is dominant over Summerslam simply because it's Mania. If you look at the card, Summerslam actually might be better overall and actually might have come off as better, but Wrestlemania is the biggest show of the year and is built as such. Summerslam is supposed to be the second biggest show, but it hasn't been in years now. It really is built as just another pay per view with a soemwhat bigger card than usual. Batista and Cena obviously was huge, but it had about two weeks of build. The whole show was good and is likely second best, simply because Wrestlemania has such a big show feeling to it.

I voted for the Royal Rumble- the rumble match is pretty much guaranteed to be good, but there was a good supporting card, and Orton vs Hardy was a great match undoubtaly. I think prehaps it hasnt got as many votes as the other PPVs because it was at the start of the year, and is distant in peoples memories.

And while mania this year was good it wasnt any better than the RR in my opinion, and you have to rememeber mania should always be good so that it was just good and not great IMO means that it doesnt deserve to win the award.

Wrestlemania actually delivered this year. Undertaker vs Edge and Flair vs Michaels were classics. HHH vs Orton vs Cena actually delivered. Big Show vs Mayweather was built well. MITB was highly entertaining. Nothing is close, imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back