Should the 3 Stages of Hell Match Return?

logan_punisher

The-SLiM_Punisher
now today i got to thinking the 3 stages of hell needs a return. great feuds could end with this type of match. Great matched happened like for example Triple H Vs. Stone Cold... thats my opinion.

Should wwe bring it back?
Who would be the best match competitors?
or do you think "NO" due to fact it was "ATTITUDE ERA" like for it not to?

yes they could bring it back.

The 2 that I would pick outta this Crop of Talent would have to be CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan.

You forgot they had 1 of these back in 2003 w/ Triple H vs Shawn Michaels at Badd Blood or Unforgiven I think it was.

The 3 stages were never "Attitude" Like as Billy Kidman had 1 of them in WCW at a PPV before but it was spread out throughout the night.

My 3 matches for Punk and Bryan would be:
1st Fall) Falls Count Anywhere
2nd) Fall) then a 30 min Ironman Match
3rd Fall) Ladder Match for the Title or Contract for #1 contendership if neither are champs.

Yeah. 3 Stages of Hell Match needs to return.

It should be between two megastars not CM Punk and Daniel Bryan.

I would pick Brock Lesnar vs Triple-H.

1st Match : Normal Match
2nd match : Last Man Standing Match
3rd Match : Hell in a Cell

Yeah. 3 Stages of Hell Match needs to return.

It should be between two megastars not CM Punk and Daniel Bryan.

I would pick Brock Lesnar vs Triple-H.

1st Match : Normal Match
2nd match : Last Man Standing Match
3rd Match : Hell in a Cell

I agree Lesnar Vs Triple H would be the better choice but it would be:

1st Match - Normal
2nd Match - Submission
3rd Match - Last Man Standing or Stretcher Match.

However it would be awesome to have the same matches as HHH & SCSA had in 2001. If i remember correctly they were:

1st - normal
2nd - Street Fight
3rd - Steel Cage

i wouldn't like it back.they already over do the HIAC match which is watered down now seeings the no blood thing.all this would be is a watered down supposed to be brutal but not so brutal match.

I wouldn't bring it back. The reason being that we are still in the PG era and a 3 stages of hell match would be really shitty without it being able to go hardcore. I would love to see it come back just not now. Now is just not the right time.

I may be mistaken but I thought the 3stages of helll match was the one where there was 3 different cages on top of each other. Where they started out in the ring and kept moving up. That's the match I wanna see return.

If done properly with the right wrestlers then yes. Bryan, Punk, Ziggler, Rhodes, Christian, etc could all pull this off on a 1v1 match.

Match 1: Normal
Match 2: Steel Cage
Match 3: TLC/Ladder or Lumberjack/ Last Man Standing

Any match where the final match has them going all out to get the win in anything but a pinfall/ submission match adds to the suspense.

Yes, they should bring that match back. Why has it been taken out anyway!
They're entertaining and even if WWE is PG now, the matches can still be entertaining.
Great participants could be CM Punk and Daniel Bryan because we still haven't seen a clear winner and because of their talent as well, it would be epic.;)

I haven't read an article anywhere stating that they weren't ever going to do one again so I don't see it as a "bringing it back" situation.

I also see short-term memory referring to those above me who said they aren't going to do one because of the PG era. Lest we forget that Orton and HHH had one three years ago and it was awful just like the one HHH and HBK had in 2002.

I'm not knocking down the door of WWE headquarters begging with them to have another one of these matches. If I had to pick two wrestlers, I'll go with Cena and Bryan. I don't think it would be HHH/Austin levels of awesomeness but certainly better than the previous two.

This has been discussed a few times throughout these forums and I agree that it is very unlikely to see this match in the current PG product.

I think that with the way the current Daniel Bryan vs. CM Punk feud is going it would work great for them and everybody knows they would put on a fantastic show. But, honestly, Three-Stages of Hell is probably better used AWAY from the world championship.

This could be a great match for Lesnar vs. HHH at SummerSlam (as some here have stated) it could also be solid for Cena vs. anyone really since Cena is clearly the top of the card and is also not involved in a current WWE championship chase.

The match itself almost immediately breeds interest, so they could really go alot of angles with it to make it a selling point. Either the main event with two megastars like Lesnar and Trips or they could easily use it as an elevator for someone like Rhodes and Ziggler to put near the end of the card and really get their ring skills some views.

It is a great match that should be used though ... no doubt about it.

I would love to see the three stages of hell match make its return. I agree with other that said HHH/Lesner would be perfect for this type of match. If I am not mistaken though that was a match used to end a feud. If they decided to have more than one match with HHH/Lesner then this match would be the perfect way to end their feud. Imagine the intensity in that match with those two. All in all I would love to see that match return if it was used properly.

No it should not return. I've never been a fan of any "best 2 out of 3 falls matches" because 95 percent of the time we know who will win the 2nd match based on who won the first. However with 3 stages of hell that number goes to 100 percent because with the third stage being a cage, they are not going to advertise a cage and not deliver. Essentially ending a feud with 3 stages of hell ends it with a cage match, why not just end it in a basic cage/cell match?

Plus these days cage/cell/chamber matches and hardcore/extreme rules/falls count anywhere matches are becoming too frequent. In the current calendar year we've already had 5 cage matches on PPV and Raw... 5 in the first 6 months of the year and an entire PPV dedicated to Cell matches in October.

Sure I'd like to see a Three Stages of Hell Match return and I actually have a pretty cool idea for new twist on the match.

I think it would be cool if we saw a 3 Stages of Hell Match at the TLC pay-per-view. For the first stage, steel chairs would be legal, and you would win by pinfall/submission. For the second stage, tables would become legal, and you would win by putting your opponent through a table. Then for the third and final stage, ladders would become legal, and you would win by climbing a ladder to retrieve the title belt.

Sure. I mean you get to watch three gimmick matches for the price off one. What is there not to like about it? The match that Austin and Triple H had at No Way Out 2001 is my second favourite Austin match of all time and my favourite match featuring Triple H.

It's a fun match for sure and I do not really know the reason why we haven't had one in a while. I guess you need a really long and bitter feud for a match of this type. Something like Jericho/ Punk would have been a perfect candidate for a match like this had it carried on longer. I also think that bringing it back would be a nice change of pace from the feud ending matches we normally see these days. These days the feud ending matches are either an "I Quit" match or a "Last Man Standing" match or a streetfight. I really do not know why that is the case though. Possibly the management feels that these matches provide a better show of endurance than the 3 stages of hell match where each guy normally gets pinned at least once.

I may be mistaken but I thought the 3stages of helll match was the one where there was 3 different cages on top of each other. Where they started out in the ring and kept moving up. That's the match I wanna see return.

thats wtf i was thinking, idk what they are all talking about or even referring to and the one poster was right about the outcome being predictable. I think the 3 cage thing WCW introduced would be cool. Call it the pyramid of pain or sumthin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back