Should Randy Orton go after the Streak again?

Absolutely....not.

Logic for seeing Orton vs taker. It hasn't been done in a while. Okay. By that logic, for wm31, I'm just gunna go ahead and throw out the idea of undertaker vs Jimmy snuka...

Be logical. Orton was the right pick and tbh they first acknowledged the streak using orton. He is almost the reason, storyline wise, that WWE acknowledged the streak. However, he should not get a redo because HHH, Kane and hbk did.

I also understand the idea of cena vs taker. But the torch has been passed already to him by rocky. I'd like to see a passing of the torch styled affair, someone who we can say; this is takers last match and this person is going to safely continue the legacy of the streak.

So...here are my picks.

Sheamus
I really wanted a heel sheamus against taker this year. I thought he would be as physical as taker and can tell a good story without actually killing the man. Sheamus is a going to be around a few years too so it stands to reason that he gets the taker rub.

Bryan
Honestly, this looked viable. When Bryan joined the Wyatt's my thought went to Bryan vs Taker with the Wyatt family. They burned that bridge now but Jesus, what a match for the crowd.

Reigns
What a way to push the future of the company. You don't even have to beat him. Just have his last match with reigns and thats it. We have a new megastar.

Wyatt
My last thought was the weird and creepy vs the supernatural. The deadman vs the dead sisters kiss. Bray could have paid homage to how taker first started, mocking funerals and doing creepy promos in backwater graveyards, visiting his sister Abigail. Even saying that the devil bore him to end the streak, Kane and taker weren't the only demon seeds. Play on this idea of a false younger and more demonic brother. They could have went so many ways with this.

Orton is far from his days as the Legend Killer & Taker just does not have that many WM matches left in the tank. What few times Undertaker does wrestle from here on out, will be against huge names who he hasnt fought dozens of times. Lesnar may be the exception to the 'past opponent' line of thinking though, but time will tell as this WM draws near. Only reason they are going with that idea is because Lesnar is probably the most legit threat to the streak & Undertakers actual career. There is real concern here that he may get hurt, so it goes a bit beyond the storyline aspect of beating the streak.

Orton did his part in the legend of the streak already. He really has no reason to be part of the match again. Leave the few last matches Taker has left for those we have not seen make an attempt already.

No. I didn't like it that Trips, HBK, and Kane got streak rematches. That's more than enough. No one else should get a second chance at ending the streak. If you have lost against The Undertaker at Wrestlemania, then that's it. We do not know how many more Wrestlemania events that Taker will be able to compete at, so they should allow for more wrestlers to try to challenge the streak. Randy Orton would be near the top of the list if a previous opponent was going to get another shot, but I'm in no hurry to see it. He's better off in the world title scene.

Don't see how Orton could be viewed as a credible threat to the streak by the way he has been booked even though he is the champion. Only way he could be taken seriously is if he were to completely revert to the Viper/Predator type character and be booked super strong until WM31.

That being said, I don't have any interest in seeing Randy Orton challenge the Streak again. His time for that is gone.
My preferred options to challenge the Streak are:

Brock Lesnar
John Cena
Sting
the Rock

Those 4 are my picks. Lesnar seems to be all but confirmed for this year. I assume that WWE, too, see the hype and money in a Taker vs Cena match, but at the same time, they probably sit hoping that the Undertaker can keep good conditioning until 25-0(in the ideal world).

However, based on the reports about Taker's condition, him not being able to make it to 25-0, might well mean that the Streak might well be broken within the next couple of years,lMO.

Sting? Ugh, everyone and his dog in the IWC complains about Taker being the wrong end of his 40s, Sting is 54, hypocritical much?

Sting? Ugh, everyone and his dog in the IWC complains about Taker being the wrong end of his 40s, Sting is 54, hypocritical much?

Of all the quotes you could use to call "Taker is old" fans hypocrites....you use mine??

Show me a quote where I have said Taker is old and should retire....

As for Sting...him and Taker might be older and past the peak age to have the best possible program between the two. But if a match between the two were to happen, I would mark out BIG TIME!!

As much as i would like to see Randy Ortan go after Undertakers streak once more, there are other people i would rather see face taker at mania. Specifically Cena,Bryan,Wyat,Angel(if/when he returns),Roman Reigns. I dont think any of them should beat Undertaker but i bealive would lead to nice matches

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back